posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

Count me in I'm fed up with it myself

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by cloaked4u

It's refreshing to hear others preach the truth. I try and try AND TRY to show my friends and family that there's something going on. Im stressing out man! I can't take this damn bloody crap anymore. Everywhere I look, it's people playing stupid console games, watching pointless T.V, debating pointless topics (oh did you see so and so on (insert new hit drama here)) I am ready to change everything. I'm down here in the south of GA, but where is everyone whose ready for change??? Meet me get in contact, we will effing storm white house, CFR, CIA, the damn queens mansion!

There is an old saying which took me a while to incorporate into my daily life. That saying is "Your focus determines your reality." At first; it sounded like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. As time went on in my life; I matured and finally began to understand.

On the one hand it is a good thing that you are not interested in all the console games, television and bantering to and fro on forums ---- and we participate in all of that for what?

It is possible that you have reached that point in your life where you wake up. Perhaps you are struggling to "wake up". I "woke up" back in 1998 which took me on a grand adventure (which I am still experiencing). At some point, your action will shape your destiny in the months and years ahead.

For me, it was an act of selling all my belongings, packing my car and going on an open-ended vacation travelling the countryside by automobile. It's freedom.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownusername

May I inquire as to your age?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This storm is a very serious matter. neven1.typepad.com...
Those who dont think so need to read every thing at this site From August 5th to today.
I will ad mit that much of the termanology used is beyond my scope of understanding but I did
comprehend what has taken place.

With the progress of this Cyclone storm a massive portion of ice has detached and the amount
of the release of methane is at a high.

There is an exstensive amount of reading but for those who don't think this is any thing but normal go
get to the info. from those who know what is really happening.

Again : neven1.typepad.com...

This is the first entry in this Blog. yes that's right the site has a blog for the people to report on,
but believe me the majority of the posters are highly knowledgeable professionals.

« New CAPIE record | Main | Arctic storm part 1: in progress » Cyclone warning!

I have postponed this post until I was sure that what follows is going to happen.

Remember the term 'flash melting'? That's when from one day to the next large swathes of ice disappear on the University of Bremen sea ice concentration maps. We witnessed one such instance last year when a relatively large and intense low-pressure area moved in from Alaska over the ice in the Beaufort and Chukchi Sea regions (see blog post). It lasted about a day or two and then quickly faded, but the effects were spectacular.

Well, it looks like we have something bigger coming up this year. This is the ECMWF weather forecast for the coming four days (click for a bigger version):

There are photos there that I omitted here.

Cyclonewarning1

Not only does this low-pressure area, or cyclone, look bigger, more intense and longer-lasting than the one from last year, the ice also seems to be in a weaker state than ever, as evidenced by the fact that 2012 trend lines on both sea ice area and sea ice extent graphs track lower than previous record years, despite weather that until recently would completely stall the decline. There are many things that cyclones do to cause flash melting:

1.Diverge the ice pack through wind force (gales), creating open water between ice floes and pushing ice floes towards warmer waters, for instance in this coming event towards the Beaufort and Laptev Seas, where waters are anomalously warm.
2.Churn the ice, fragmenting it into smaller pieces which are easier to melt out, turning floes upside down even, with their darker bottoms (due to algae etc) showing up, soaking up more sunlight.
3.Increase wave action, especially when there's no thick ice to dampen the waves, flooding floes with saltier water that melts the ice, but can also temporarily fool satellite sensors into thinking there's open water. Therefore some of the flash melting 'unflashes' the next day, and then flashes again, and unflashes, until it's really gone.
4.Increase vertical mixing of the waters below the ice. Remember, the top layer is much colder and fresher due to the melting of sea ice than the layers below. Wave action and something called Ekman pumping (which I'll explain in the near future, but here is a good discussion) cause upwelling of these warmer layers. As Artful Dodger commented earlier today: "Predicted wave heights in the Chukchi sea are 10-12 feet during the gale. That means about 30-36 feet of the sea surface layer will be churned by wave action. This will bring warmer, saltier water up from the depths and inundate the sea ice. All surfaces of the ice flows will be exposed to warmer water, and the fresh melt layer will be quickly and continuously washed away, preventing refreezing. Look for massive loss of SIA, which may not be detectable until after the storm clears, due to the clouds masking the passive microwave satellite sensors."

So that's what we can expect: big losses in sea ice area, and perhaps in sea ice extent as well (with a lag). I'm going to try to cover this as real-time as I can, so make sure to check in for updates. This could become very big and should make for some spectacular images. Too early for conclusions wrt to minimum records. We'll know more Thursday/Friday.

Posted by Neven on August 05, 2012 at 12:15 in Alarmism, Arctic storms, Flash melting, Weather forecast | Permalink

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Serious to whom exactly? Are you insinuating that it's catastrophic? If so, you are incorrect.

Serious to meteorologist that hasn't seen this in his career but past weather patterns have shown this is a normal cycle when the earth is in the midst of a more severe polar shift than what's been known to have happend in the last 100 years? Yes..

But my friend, please, don't get your boxers in a bunch... Nothing significant will come of this. It's merely the effect of a well known cause.... Nothing more...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Every time I hear the word methane I think of cow farts... I can't help it... But I always see a black and white cow blowin' a dusty gas plume that ruffles his tail hairs a little bit.. Sorry, can't help it..

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

I did not use "catastrofic". I said serious

The Canadian Ice Service reported that ice cover in Parry Channel began to fall below the 1981–2010 median after July 16, 2012, and the loss accelerated over the following two weeks. On July 23, the percentage of ice cover in the channel was roughly 67 percent, compared to the median of 80 percent. On July 30, ice cover was roughly 33 percent, compared a median of 79 percent.

neven1.typepad.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If we assume every abnormal event or anomaly signifies a doomsday scenario, you will be left with nothing but fear. At it's smallest scale, the universe is imperfect and anomalous as indicated by the random structure of quantum foam. The true nature of the physical universe is unstable and unpredictable.

Luckily, we have the tool of stability in thought and manifested will to counteract that and create an experience where catastrophe need not happen.

So use that tool to prevent disaster instead of giving in to the the forces bent on destruction.

If you click on this thread or other with the mentality of finding evidence to support cataclysm you are feeding the process and creating a self fulfilling prophecy. Luckily, your efforts will go in vain as more powerful, positive forms of willpower aim to create a continuously progressing world, which is our reality in majority.

Science as we know it is bound to fail...concepts rewritten...reality better explained.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

what do you mean by the release of methane is at a high?

Isn't that flameable? I wonder how the air content to methane is and what are the effects it has on the human body. I wonder if this methane will cause more loss of animal life, flying creatures,birds in the area.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
neven1.typepad.com...

The sea ice concentration is getting very very sparse.

www.iup.uni-bremen.de:8084...

neven1.typepad.com...

But even worse, this storm seems to have stirred up not just the upper halocline at 20-75 meters, but even the lower halocline at a 200-500 meter depth. Two separate ITP buoys, separated by a few hundred km, record this disturbance so it is not just a local event :

www.whoi.edu...
www.whoi.edu...

Several studies show that the upper halocline can be disturbed down to some 50 meters, and these are great reads :
www.whoi.edu...
www.whoi.edu...

but I've not seen anything like this disturbance down to 500 meter over a wide area ever before in the ITP records.

What does this mean ? Well, the stratification layers in the West Arctic in the "flash melt" zone seem to be completely eliminated for the moment. This brings up 'warm' and more importantly, 'salty' water to the surface (and cool, fresh water downward). The saline anomaly at the surface is disturbing : it increased from 25 psu to about 31.5 psu over the past couple of days. That means that the melting temp of sea ice just reduced by 0.5 C, and this is even without counting the increase in water temperature towards the surface that the stirring down to 500 meters causes.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
Every time I hear the word methane I think of cow farts... I can't help it... But I always see a black and white cow blowin' a dusty gas plume that ruffles his tail hairs a little bit.. Sorry, can't help it..

Oh Ha Ha Ha, so funny. Not

Arctic News

arctic-news.blogspot.com...

Friday, May 18, 2012 Striking increase of methane in the Arctic

The images show a striking increase of methane over the shelf areas of the Arctic Ocean.

For reference, the image on the right is added, showing predicted methane hydrates, as published by WWF with surface temperature hotspots added.

Dr. Yurganov points at the threat of large emissions of methane from clathrates (methane hydrates) in the Arctic, and urges others to support his proposals for further satellite methane monitoring.

Current growth of methane is being monitored by the Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS) facility on NASA's Aqua satellite.

Arctic Methane Alarm

arctic-news.blogspot.com...

This suggests that methane is being released into the atmosphere from submarine hydrates.

A 2008 paper by Shakova et al. considered release of up to 50 Pg of predicted amount hydrate storage as highly possible for abrupt release at any time. Combined amounts of methane from such hotspots of 15 Pg over a short period would result in an immediate burden of 20 Pg of methane (since there already is about 5 Pg in the atmosphere).

Applying methane’s immediate global warming potential of 120 times that of carbon dioxide would give this 20 Pg of methane an initial greenhouse effect equivalent to over 2400 Pg of carbon dioxide. By comparison, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels rose from 288 ppmv in 1850 to 369.5 ppmv in 2000, for an increase of 81.5 ppmv, or 174 PgC.

What makes things even worse is that this 174 PgC is a global figure, with its impact spread out over the globe, whereas methane from such abrupt releases in the Arctic would – at least initially – be concentrated in the relatively small areas of these hotpots, violently heating up the shallow waters in these areas with the risk of triggering further releases from methane hydrates.

In addition, large releases could cause hydroxyl depletion in the atmosphere, extending the lifetime of methane to decades.

The methane that is being released is a danger to food supplies.and All animal life.!

edit on 10-8-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

I did not use "catastrofic". I said serious

The Canadian Ice Service reported that ice cover in Parry Channel began to fall below the 1981–2010 median after July 16, 2012, and the loss accelerated over the following two weeks. On July 23, the percentage of ice cover in the channel was roughly 67 percent, compared to the median of 80 percent. On July 30, ice cover was roughly 33 percent, compared a median of 79 percent.

neven1.typepad.com...

Serious has MANY MANY connotations which is why i ask you to enlighten me. I'm not arguing I'm trying to spur some kind of good convo. That's all

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Cow farts are always worth a good snicker. How come when someone replies to a message, the original poster must get so defensive? Is it a lack of confidence? Or is it perhaps the natural reaction to someone who's been attacked by too many haters. An experience I too have gone through repeatedly.

But again, I mean no harm... Only productive conversation.. After all, aren't we all here trying to "sharpen our blades?" I know I am...
edit on 8/10/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Ohhh, BTW, considering all the HYPE on methane, I'm suprised this hasn't made world news over and over again.. Can I get a nod from you there?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
neven1.typepad.com...

In Arctic storm part 2, Chris Reynolds wrote (August 07, 2012 at 19:33)

"The problem with attributing this storm to the open waters is there have been open waters in recent years but no storm."

It's important to understand that this is event is nearly unprecedented. There had never been a Summer (JJA) arctic cyclone before 2006, and most were Fall/Winter (NDJ) when the temp differential between open seas and ice is largest. Since 2007, these storms are getting larger and more frequent. Nevin described the Beaufort Sea cyclone of 2008. No Arctic cyclone has ever been the size of GAC-2012, at any time of year.

This is like playing a game of Russian Roulette, where the climate loads the revolver. Before 2006, there were zero rounds loaded in the cylinder. In 2008, there was one round in the cylinder. Now in 2012, there are three rounds in the cylinder, with one in the chamber.

Question is, Do we feel lucky?

Do You?

Cryosphere Today has reported the sea ice area number for August 5th, a drop of 53K.
arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

edit on 10-8-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Well, really? It sounds like hype. I mean, how far back does accurate weather recording really go for the North and south poles? Can't be too far can it?

Aside from it being a nice Clint Eastwood moment, it's doesn't really SAY anything concrete noe does it make predictions of outcomes. Just insinuates something you should fear. Is this an article or a report from a weather agency? Sounds like a report.. I shoulda checked your source..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Dude really!? I checked the source. Every article (Yes, article, not report) Is apocalyptic in nature! Come on now, the only articles that aren't are the ones from other sources like Reuters. This is someone version of the apocalypse wrapped around a bunch of weather graphs and intrepreted by pseudo scientists who have no meteorlogical knowledge. You come across as a smart guy, you know this ain't the real deal. This is hype..

Apocalypse4Real are you serious? He doesn't strike me as the "science" type... Lol

Check your sources.. Expand your mind and don't try to reinforce beliefs you already have by finding sites that agree with whatever preconceived notions you already have about the world around you. You will be a better, wiser man, that I promise.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm done with you for tonight.
I must dream now
But I will be back.

By the way you really need to check that site better. I've been reading there for 4 hours and saw nothing
apocalyptic in any of their reporting and references to links of other reports.

You saw:

Apocalypse4Real has been sending me these images for a while now, but as I
haven't found the time to do something with them yet, he has put up his own
Google Website that shows images such as these:

And never read another thing because if you had you would have realized that "Apocalypse4Real"
is just another person who also posts on the site.
Should you be judged by your "foodstamp" name?

Why don't you really try reading all info available:
neven1.typepad.com...

By the way I'm not a guy and I don't wear boxer's
edit on 11-8-2012 by azureskys because: changed some words

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Thanks for that site, i spent a fair bit of time reading through the threads about this storm and ice melt and im hooked, these people whom appear to be experts in niche scientific topics are right now trying to pick their jaws up off the floor with the statistics and data they are seeing.

Lets wait for the clouds to vanish so we can see the real damage.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
edit on 11-8-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join