It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When following the law get's you arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
The guy carried his weapon on him to a showing of Batman, to try to push his luck. After what happened, you'd THINK he'd show some common sense, and leave it home. He did it to ASK for trouble.
Stupid idiot

So exercising his 2nd Amendment right makes him an idiot?.......Really?

Going by your statement let me ask you something. Does the fact that you are exercising your first amendment right to free speech on this forum make you an idiot? You see that's the problem with people such as yourself, you want to blame/punish an innocent person that's complying with the law for the actions of some wackjob that killed a bunch of people.

As far asyour comment about "given the recent events", well ID say that given recent events the man was justified in his carrying of his firearm for protection. I suppose that you figure he should go to the movie and if something happens then let the cops protect him. Well where were the cops when the wackjob started shooting in Aurora? Why didn't they rush in and instantly stop the shooter and protect everybody? Ill tell you why, because it is not the duty of police to protect you, that is your own personal responsibility to yourself. It is the duty of police to investigate crimes after they happen, unless its revenue generating crimes such as traffic violations.

I carry every where I go unless its a prohibited area, so I guess I'm a stupid idiot for realizing that if an armed assailant pulls a gun o knife on me me cops won't be there to stop him, it will be up to me to protect myself and let the police sort out the details. I live hy the motto that I'd rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone because that way I know I'm safe.

I guess that's just the thinking of stupid idiots though.......

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

i second your opinion and speak from experience that even WITH the cops on the phone, guns are still necessary and quite effective at ending a threat ... cops ??? not so much.

<< 1   >>

join