It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red State: OMG. This might just be the moment Mitt Romney lost the election (Andrea Saul blunder)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You're right. That little part that was edited in. Looks good on paper. Clearly many people around here didn't read it or did they read in the original article or any other article that is capturing headlines in the past two days.

This whole thread is a bust!!

This thread isn't about the ad or about SuperPacs.

It is about a Romney spokesperson praising the health care law in Mass...which is the same thing as Obamacare.

But nice try in attempting to derail the thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

She praised a system that worked in a Single State. A system that passed through the States Legislature. She is not praising Obamacare or a Federally Mandated system. Leave it up to the States.... Nice twist though...

Just a little clarity in a rather foggy thread

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Is anyone else wondering why he has employed a spokesperson who sounds like a Valley Girl? That's a starry-eyed child, not a politically savvy, erudite press secretary.

Of course, Romney himself can't get through an interview without stuttering, "I, I, I," a half dozen times, and ask him something really important and he chuckles like a goon.

I wish someone would ask him about that 2-3 day coma he was in, back after the fatal accident he was involved in, in France. Seems to have caused some memory loss and issues with having a conscience.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

She praised a system that worked in a Single State. A system that passed through the States Legislature. She is not praising Obamacare or a Federally Mandated system. Leave it up to the States.... Nice twist though...

So it will work for one State...but not for all the States???

Tell me...are people different in Massachusetts somehow that this plan will work for them but not for the rest of Americans???

Seems like a pretty dumb argument to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think it is important to hear exactly what she said...she really stepped into it.

I honestly think she was about to say that people currently losing their jobs don't have health care...then she realized...oh crap...what did I say. So she changed to saying Romney is running to getting people back to work.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

"To that point, if people had been in Massachusetts, under Governor Romney's health care plan, they would have had health care."

Face it you are going to get this "National Health Care" if you want it or not. It is part of the 2 party One Agenda goal.

An ol Willard "the Rat" Ramney will help usher it in!

Love the guys new campaign slogan about PUTTING JOBS FIRST...IN CHINA, IN INDIA any where but America! This message was fully supported by Bain Capital

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I lived in MA. for over 30 years, when Mitt was there, and I had to file for Bankruptcy along with about 5 co-workers. I couldn't afford to work at my former employer, not just for the medical costs, all costs involved with being employed for a non profit in MA.

I think Obama is worse, I would rather vote for one of those smart monkeys who do computers better than people. I'd feel safer.

I am only voting to write Ron Paul in as my vote, a write in for the candidate who deserved more attention. This election is a joke, so I plan on writing in the joke candidate according to them.

So then , you're voting for Obama? I mean, you do realize a vote for RP is a vote for Obama, right?

Anyway, another hilarious thread for left wingers to ignore their own hypocrisies in supporting Obama and his propaganda MSM. When did ATS become so main stream and part of the establishment?
edit on 9-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The facts are the ad is a lie, the woman had health insurance through her own employer after her husband was laid off. No idea why this person said that, a retort with actual facts, such as, the woman had insurance, and Romney was not at Bain when her husband was laid off, would have been a powerful blow to Obama's message.

you know...if i was a 100% owner of a company, and i filed a tax return with the IRS, listing myself as being the CEO, what does it matter if i was in africa on safari, in tibet on a retreat, or in colorado with the olympics? RONMEY WAS IN CHARGE!, PERIOD!
and for him to say "he doesn't have any idea what he paid in taxes" (his entire adult life he worked in finance) means he's out and out lying, and he thinks the american people are too stupid to know it.
romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, like george bush...both helped by rich daddys...he would be ANOTHER embarassment as our president....how much do people need see that the republicans ONLY CARE ABOUT THE TOP 1%...it's so obvious, they even come right out and say how they are going to screw over the middle class and poor. how anybody can be "sitting on the fence" about who to vote for is beyond reason.
what i think...in my cynical way...is that they put up romney to take the media and publics attention, away from the tea party nuts that need to be thrown out of congress.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I lived in MA. for over 30 years, when Mitt was there, and I had to file for Bankruptcy along with about 5 co-workers. I couldn't afford to work at my former employer, not just for the medical costs, all costs involved with being employed for a non profit in MA.

I think Obama is worse, I would rather vote for one of those smart monkeys who do computers better than people. I'd feel safer.

I am only voting to write Ron Paul in as my vote, a write in for the candidate who deserved more attention. This election is a joke, so I plan on writing in the joke candidate according to them.

So then , you're voting for Obama? I mean, you do realize a vote for RP is a vote for Obama, right?

Anyway, another hilarious thread for left wingers to ignore their own hypocrisies in supporting Obama and his propaganda MSM. When did ATS become so main stream and part of the establishment?
edit on 9-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

hey i like the establishment...why?...because the people of this country are going through a recession caused by the republicans and their wealthy string-pullers. dance tea-party members, dance rush limbaugh, dance FOX news, dance republicans, and we'll keep you in riches, and away from the other 99% of society.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Romney Campaign Endorses Plan They Want To Repeal

Op-Ed: Andrea Saul single handedly kills Mitt Romney's hopes of victory
(digitaljournal.com)

Op-Ed: Andrea Saul single handedly kills Mitt Romney's hopes of victory
Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul slipped away from the talking points while on the Fox News "Happening Now" program this morning and gave the campaign a brand new headache. This one may be fatal, as it affects whatever base Romney might still have.

While ostensibly on the program to hammer an ad being aired by a pro-Obama PAC in which a man blames Mitt Romney for losing his job and health insurance, and then his wife to cancer that would have been treated under his old insurance policy, Spokeswoman Saul said these words that were followed by a thunderclap of hands smacking foreheads around the nation.

To that point, you know, if people had been in Massachusetts under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care.

Lord, lord, lord! The last thing conservatives want to talk about, even less than Romney's tax returns (because at least there, they have a common enemy in Sen. Harry Reid), is Romneycare's similarity to Obamacare. Saul's comment turns Romney into the conservative's worst nightmare! Their main complaint about Romney all the way back to the primary season was his implementation of Obamacare on a state level would make him an ineffective messenger on repealing the president's legislation.

These are the very same provisions Romney has vowed to repeal from Obamacare if he is elected.

What makes this so ironic is that for Romney and the conservatives, the entire Health Care debate is a hushed-up taboo topic. They can't bring it up because their presumptive nominee is himself, the ARCHITECT of universal health care. Even the arch-conservative Heritage Foundation was FOR Romney/Obamacare before they were against it. The only that changed for them was that the letter next to the plan's creator had a D instead of an R.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Sensationalism.

Thats all this is.

Too bad even the most brightest, on ATS, continue to play the game.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not trying to troll so I'll be brief.

Mitt Romney lost the election
March 12,1947.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Sensationalism.

Thats all this is.

Too bad even the most brightest, on ATS, continue to play the game.

Wait... So Romney did pick his running mate?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Not yet, but really, they are all the same.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by xuenchen

What?

Do you not understand what happened here?

The Romney campaign endorsed Romneycare, which is Obamacare. You know, Romney pretends that he wants to repeal Obamacare and all...back pedaling.

Sure.

And the spokeslady did not mention ObamaCare did she ?

But people will now vote for Romney instead of a no vote.

Romney gains 1000000 votes from Obama's boondoggle ad.

It was a perfect set up.

This election is about Obama being able to retain the old 2008 vote.
(69.5 million votes)

The more he loses, the more Romney gets.

Simple really.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by jibeho

So it will work for one State...but not for all the States???

Tell me...are people different in Massachusetts somehow that this plan will work for them but not for the rest of Americans???

Seems like a pretty dumb argument to me.

Dumb argument?? Don't you think its just a tad obtuse think that all States should function the same way. Plenty of differences across our 50 states on many fronts. MY God just look at the collapse in California as compared to a variety of other Solvent states.

Enough of that... There is a simple difference between Romneycare and Obambcare.

In Mass. insurance companies were not nationalized and the State did not become the default healthcare provider. Romney made it rather clear. Either buy insurance or pay for your own care. It wasn't a "free" game. Everyone had skin in the game. Romney was faced with an uninsured number just under 10% when his plan was devised to fix that problem. For the rest of the country the number is different. 17.1% in 2011 up from 14.8% in 2008.

What were Obama's goals prior to the 2008 election? IN 2003 he stated that he was a "proponent of a single payer universal healthcare plan".

The single payer is what he originally wanted but settled for what we ended up with. Obamacare will lead to chaos and a total disruption of our healthcare system. Thus, paving the way for his single payer fantasy to rise out of the ashes.

"A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That's what I'd like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we've got to take back the White House, we've got to take back the Senate, and we've got to take back the House." - Obama

Obama has been back and forth on the issue throughout his career
www.politifact.com...

Remember how critical and disappointed the single payer advocates were when Obamacare was finally unveiled? Their man let them down. At first...

The whole myth that the two plans are identical is just a Myth. Similarities? Yes.

Romneycare- 70 pages
Obamacare- 2,074 pages ( a whole lot of line item authority granted to Sebelius or her successor in that document)

Furthermore, Romneycare only added 1% to the State Budget and imposed no new taxes and no cuts in medicare benefits. Compared to $500 plus billion in new taxes and forever skyrocketing cost estimates and $500 billion in cuts to medicare.

One last thing. Romneycare had bipartisan support and a strong consensus of support throughout his state. Not even close to compare with Obmacare.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

They are pretty much the same thing. The biggest differences is on how it gets paid for. Romney was creating a State plan and had the ability to set it up so the Federal Government pays for large parts of it. Obama has a Federal Plan and had to create the pay for it side of his.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by xuenchen

What?

Do you not understand what happened here?

The Romney campaign endorsed Romneycare, which is Obamacare. You know, Romney pretends that he wants to repeal Obamacare and all...back pedaling.

Sure.

And the spokeslady did not mention ObamaCare did she ?

But people will now vote for Romney instead of a no vote.

Romney gains 1000000 votes from Obama's boondoggle ad.

It was a perfect set up.

This election is about Obama being able to retain the old 2008 vote.
(69.5 million votes)

The more he loses, the more Romney gets.

Simple really.

Erm, I think you have it backawards a bit old boy...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Mitt Romney said he wants to repeal and REPLACE Obama Care?

Talk about reaching. It amazes me how people on both sides simply DO NOT LISTEN to what Candidates actually say. It is no wonder why so many people are trapped in the nonsense of Politics and actually think there is some type of difference. There is not.

Just listen to Romney here saying early on in the GOP race that he would "Repeal Obamacare".

So the disillusioned now have something to latch onto, which is evidenced by this thread and others like it. Then something like what you see below happens. Here is Mitt responding to the Court's ruling upholding Obamacare.

Yes Mittens again says he will "Repeal Obamacare" but what does the sign in front him say?

Let's not act like this is some ground breaking moment. It's not. It's a lie. Romney would repeal Obamacare and put in place his own version of Universal Healthcare. At the end of the day, your getting Universal Healthcare weather you like or not.

Today, politics is like being a rape victim. You can choose how you want to be raped. Would you rather be drug into a van and raped in the woods, or would you prefer a nice evening out for dinner, flowers and candy, then be "date" raped at the end of the night? It really does not matter which version you choose- your still getting raped and your still going to be a victim. The sooner people realize this, the sooner we can do something to repair this Country. yet I'm sure I'm just a conspiracy nut and a fool, and I don't know what I am talking about..... but yet I can read the writing on the wall... well in this case, the sign.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I know so badly that you want to link the two, but the candidates are not allowed to be linked to superpacs, they are completely independant.

And of course the guy might of previously worked for the WH. A LOT of people have previously worked for the WH.

Which means the superpac is going to go out and look for any supports for the campaign, including previous workers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join