It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Human Species Found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

New Human Species Found

www.bbc.co.uk

Fossils from Northern Kenya show that a new species of human lived two million years ago, researchers say.

The discoveries suggests that at least three distinct species of humans co-existed in Africa.

The research adds to a growing body of evidence that runs counter to the popular perception that there was a linear evolution from early primates to modern humans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Had a search for this, apologies if posted.

Well my friends, it seems a "new" version of us has at last been found! Looking more elongated and ape like features "This find is the latest in a growing body of evidence that challenges the view that our species evolved in a smooth linear progression from our primate ancestors. Instead, according to Dr Meave Leakey of the Turkana Basin Institute in Nairobi, who led the research the find shows that there was a diversity early on in the evolution of our species"
This kind of throws the baby out with the water with the "non evolutionary" connection

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If people still could not accept evolution with the knowledge of the species of Neanderthal that existed alongside humans, I doubt this would also be constituted as proof for many of the religious today either...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The research adds to a growing body of evidence that runs counter to the popular perception that there was a linear evolution from early primates to modern humans.

Seems an odd statement. It just indicates another branch of the tree. A branch that fell off.

edit on 8/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

New Human Species Found

www.bbc.co.uk

Fossils from Northern Kenya show that a new species of human lived two million years ago, researchers say.

The discoveries suggests that at least three distinct species of humans co-existed in Africa.

False, there was a linear evolution from tadpoles to primates....geez, scientists and their crazy theories!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, I have been stumbling across articles lately that makes statements completely the opposite to this, but hey, that's research for you...........Arrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
And this would imply interbreeding among the three correct?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'll just bet there is so much more like this to find and some that just get the imagination going to look at.

The planet may be as old as 4 billion years...and while 90% of those billions of years were probably spent about as friendly to life as Mars, I'll just bet we find more beneath our feet and oceans that we even suspect.... If they'll get through all this madness....These will be such exciting times to be in! So many discoveries and major projects going at roughly the same time.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Your avatar always cracks me up

Two years ago I was in a geology class at school, and my teacher was talking about how in his day, the human evolutionary tree was pretty much a straight line. Now, in his own words, its a crazy bush. He said he used to give out a sheet with the names of all of the different species in their respective order and whatnot, but things changed too quickly, so he just showed it in on the projector. I can't help but think of him now. He'll have to go and update his list again.

Cool find.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
See? Humans, Cylons & half human/Cylon

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Just need to find the angel skeletons and we will have the whole Battlestar cast

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Just need to find the angel skeletons and we will have the whole Battlestar cast

Better chances for winged with a fork.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The latest genetic evidence suggested that none pre "modern humans" co-existed with "modern humans" in Africa up untill 200,000 years ago....

Neanderthals seems to have been kicking about in Southern Europ up until 30,000 years ago and Home Florensis were apparently around 13,000 years ago.

If we look at Aka, Baka or Mbuti (Pygmy) peoples in Africa they are massively different genetically to "modern humans" in neigbouring villages.

For me it;s entirely obvious what happened as it follows todays model with the Pygmy peoples as they are held in servitude by "modern humans" for work, cleaning and most interestingly; sexuall purposes.

Modertn humans arent a sepearte branch; we're just simply the product of a sexuall slavery frenzy amongst human groups in the ladt 300 000 years .
edit on 9-8-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I use fallen branches to make fire...and to explain bigfoot....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Why would religious people have a hard time understanding this
The reason for the great deluge is pretty straight forward. The flesh became corrupted, man was breeding with animals and fallen angels and becoming a creation all their own. Something never intended.

Anyways ... that was what I got out of the Noah story.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Care to support this by any evidence (link to research or similar) or this is just product of your own 'investigation'.

Modern science has good proof that we interbreed with at least 2 different humanoid races (Neanderthals and Denisovans) and there is nothing to say that our older ancestors did not do the same.*

All this interbreeding and evolution of humans can explain high variety of human race.

* Svante Pääbo: DNA clues to our inner neanderthal

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Lol. That's a nice one.
Then what about spock from S Trek.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Please post on topic.......

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join