It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic Medical Safenet For The Taxpayers of The United States of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Today I was informed that a friend of mine has a Cancerous Tumor/Nodule that must be removed
IMMEDIATELY. This friend is a Wife and Mother of 2 children. Ironically enough, she worked in the
insurance industry for over 10 years. Returning to work briefly after a short leave of absence for
Maternity Leave, she was Layed Off. At this point her and her husband enrolled in The "Cobra"
program.(You Know, the one that gets a bloodsucking bite into you and then the stranglehold).
When you are bled dry, it runs out.
The costs of that for the family of Four was $1,700.00 per month.

Needless to say, this is more than people pay for rent (Average Statistics).
As you can guess, their "Cobra" Plan eventually expired.
Now they have not any Insurance Plan at all. They both work, but for some disgraceful
reason, neither of their employers provide insurance. So, that leaves these 4 American
Citizens whose families have contributed to American Society and all the Sacrifices
along the way for over 170 years(War Veteran Family) in a very dangerous and compromised situation.

Due to the fact that they both work, not to mention their self respect and pride,
(and please don't interpret this the wrong way), they are inelligable for "Medicaid."
At least I believe this is the case.

So the issue that is a stone in my shoe is thus:
How can The American Taxpaying People be not completely
Furious? For Believe it or not, the above described tragic situation could descend
upon any one of us. AT ANY MOMENT. When we as Taxpaying Citizens can allow our Elected officials
to send Foreign Aid in The Billions for Decades, Fund Wars in The Trillions for Decades
(Unfunded at this point), Create Tax Credits for those few who never even have to CONSIDER
the costs of Health Care, Provide "Cradle to Grave" Benefits for Congress. Need I further?
For I will Specify.

Yet in this day and age, there is all this rhetoric about "Obama Care",
when the plan did not even include "The Public Option".
The Public Option WAS THE WHOLE POINT.
What The Hell is Going On Here?

We are The United States of America. There is no "They". We are all on this boat together.
This is a Wake Up Call to You and Congress. For, A Nation That Fails to Represent ALL of her People,
Is a Nation that will Crumble to the Annals of History.

Forget "No Child Left Behind", How about " No Citizen Left Behind".

Just for Clarity, as the employment situation continues to deteriorate, the above scenario
that I have described will grow closer to home for Each and Every one of you.
The Numbers are Accurate. The Clowns need to pack up their Tents,and close down the Circus.

Its Time to Shape Up, or Ship Out.

And God Bless The United States of America.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Typo

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Your friend may still be able to get help. First have her discuss this with the doctor. I was given an easy form to fill out and as long as I'm still being treated for cancer, I get medical coverage.

If she is turned down, once the bills start rolling in, just pay a small amount at a time. As long as you are paying something, there is nothing they can do.

I know how frustrating this must be for her. It's bad enough having cancer, she doesn't need to worry about the financial crap. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I do hope she finds the help she needs.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh I just thought of something, someone could throw a fund raiser for her. Many people get help with their medical bills that way.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I Know,I know,
How Are We Going To Pay For All That?!?!?!?!

Well Hello, The Federal Reserve can just twittle a few buttons and send TRILLIONS around The Globe.
Didn't you get The Memo?

It is a matter of Redirecting their attentions and actions, and making sure they pay "The Piper" first.

The "Piper" is The Tax Paying Citizens of The United States of America.

No "Ifs,ands,or buts" about it. They are living on a prayer and they know it.

In God We Trust

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you for that Night Star.

There may well be a Light at the end of the Tunnel.

Best to you

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I really didn't get the recessentiments against the so-called Obamacare. It doesn't even meet the standards we have over here. You get ill? You will be treated. You won't go insolvent. You (and every other taxpaying citizen) just pay max 315€/month (minimum depending on your earnings). There are more luxurious options (like getting treated by the head physician of your medical ward or having a single-bed-room etc.), for which you pay extra.

But the cure will be paid for, whatever the costs.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Thanks Man From Europe,
Needless to say, your culture is Highly Civilized.
As well as "State of the Art" on many fronts.

P.S. Rammstein Rocks! Thanks for your Reply

edit on 9-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Typo

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Thank you for not being all "Meh!"

Sometimes, and I am sorry to say so, I think that most US-Americans can't look over the borders of their wonderful country. Then I have to ask "why are you so free on handweapons? Just imagine having someone brought more weapons into that dark cinema.." or "what is it with this strict objection to build a social safety net for the needy in terms of medical care?".

On one hand I get it that you are strict on topic with "everone cares for himself, I don't wanna care for them!" but on the other hand.. You are altogether living in one country. If someone fails, everyone else doesn't automatically wins. If there is a person going bankrupt bc of the high price on his medical care, why let him fall?

Are you so selfish as a population that "who fails didn't deserve better!" should be true?

I really don't think so.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
You are altogether living in one country. If someone fails, everyone else doesn't automatically wins.

Capitalism says the above quote is wrong, as in capitalism, one person's failure is another's success.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
You are altogether living in one country. If someone fails, everyone else doesn't automatically wins.

Capitalism says the above quote is wrong, as in capitalism, one person's failure is another's success.

Maybe that is not correct?
What if a society depends on its members to be partaking in keeping that society financially fit by keeping its members physically fit so that there is a workforce able to produce a gross national product per capita?

In other words: In a neighborhood with many forfeitured houses (= bankrupt people) the overall value of house will decrease, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I completely understand where you are coming from. As an Englishman living in the US I just can't comprehend why we don't have universal healthcare. Back in the UK healthcare is seen the same as the Police, Roads, Military etc. Something we all pay for together for the betterment of all.

It will be a few years and it will not help your friend but I do believe the US will eventually have single payer.

Somebody has to drag the US kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply.
I think that one of the major problem resides in the fact
that a bunch of screwballs with no Empathly or Common Decency
have managed to grab hold of the reigns.

From my experience with this Wild Horse,
they will be bucked off soon.

It will be a Painful and Humiliating experience for them as well.

Rest Assured,Wildmanimal

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

The Profit Driven Screwballs are about to get a lesson.
In Humanity.

They can no longer "cry home to mama".

For they themselves have suckled her to death.

Now she is gone, and they did not even have the class

to perform a memorial service.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Many Americans are caught up, currently, in a social Darwinistic mindset. What, IMO, they fail to realize is that the lions do kill the limping zebra first.... but then they go after the rest of the herd.

Society was most likely born from the safety in numbers concept... an easily overlooked thing these days, I suppose.

But generally, as a society, we tend to dismiss problems until they come knocking on our own front doors here.

And on topic... I agree that it's disgusting and reprehensible that we have such a wonderful medical system in this country - one that leads the world in progress and discovery - but greed, frivolous litigation against doctors, and criminally greedy malpractice insurance companies ( along with big Pharma and a whole slew of other profiteers ) makes most of us more likely to die in an ER waiting room than to receive proper treatment.

My heart goes out to your ill friend and my prayers are with them.

~Heff
edit on 8/16/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

Capitalism says nothing of the sort.
One is prosperous through their own gifted methods and talents.
Naturally these prosperous talents(and the results of) are shared with the immediate community.
Directly or Indirectly, one is respected and admired for their leadership and teachings
within that community. For we all are on this Big Blue Boat together for only a time.
What is the logic in massive accumulations for the self?

For you will most certainly lose it all in death.

Care should be taken to bequeath it to the solid citizens of the future
rather than a weak and corrupt bloodline.

S A V V Y ?
edit on 16-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you for your participation, kind thoughts and words.
The World is not perfect, but it could move a bit closer to perfection
if we try. We all KNOW it is true.

Make it happen while you can. It will soon be gone.

Rest Assured, Wildmanimal

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I don't mean this in an uncaring, or sarcastic way. They need to get divorced. That way she has no income and gets medicaid. All property should be placed in the husband's and children's names.

Older people have to do this all the time when expensive care is needed.

Our country pays for expensive care for illegal immigrants just dropped on our land.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Your advice is certainly "Outside The Box",

Due to the sensitivity of it, I will place it in greater hands.

And yes, the current loopehole laws are offensive and unacceptable.

I thank you for your reply

new topics

top topics

join