It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Government Created Al Queda?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
S+F OP.

I've had the same suspicion myself for quite a while. It should be pretty common knowledge that the US helped fund/arm the Afghanis to fight the Russians, I mean there's even a hollywood movie about it: Charlie Wilson's War

A drama based on a Texas congressman Charlie Wilson's covert dealings in Afghanistan, where his efforts to assist rebels in their war with the Soviets have some unforeseen and long-reaching effects.

Only made it through the 1st page so far but wanted to throw this into the ring.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agoyahtah

Wish I could give you 1000 more stars.

I 100% agree with you. Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It is well documented , and it has been torn apart since the 90`s.

Anyone ever wondered why "Alqaeda" translates to "the base" ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobjones
reply to post by Antonio1

yeah guys,not every sunni, muslim, rebel, is part of al qaeda. I mean oh wait, no, your wrong Antonio. I think Al Qaeda and the Taliban are just loosely-termed umbrellas for middle-eastern people to fight under. any muslim idiot can grab an ak-47 for the weekend and now he is part of al qaeda or the taliban, no, he just hates when when people from another country, come, murder his wife, and blow his kid in half with artillery.

In many cases, what you say would be right. Many individuals and groups claim to part of AQ or the Taliban, but are not. But, Al-Qaeda and the Taliban are not just umbrella groups. Both organizations have leaderships and chains of command. Oh, and most of the rebels fighting the government in Syria, just like most of the rebels in Lybia, are sunni muslim. That makes them Sunni rebels. Although some of them are Al-Qaeda backed, most of them are not. Just bcause a person is a Sunni Muslim and takes up arms to overthrow their opressive government, does not make them part of AQ. When I refered to Sunni muslim rebels, I was not refering to people whose main reason for fighting is their own interpretation of Sunni Islam. I was just talking about rebels who happen to be sunni Muslims.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r

Originally posted by gopher mines
"If you fund a terrorist you are a terrorist, if you protect a terrorist you are a terrorist, if you harbor a terrorist you are a terrorist. And if you do it, then we will treat you like a terrorist." - President George W. Bush

Can of worms?

To get at the root of the topic, It was the C.I.A who mistakenly brought to power the Ayatollah Khomeini in Iran during the 70's and thus the political Islamic state. Here is more on the Secret History of the C.I.A. Start at 1:02:00 for more on the Islamic state. In essence we did create al-Qaeda.

The U.S. heavily backed the Shah, the video you posted supports this and only states the truth that the 1979 Iranian revolution was an intelligence failure in that the CIA did not see it coming.

Where did you get the idea that the CIA brought the Ayatollah Khomeini to power?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

It is not so much an idea rather a fact. The C.I.A placed the Shah into power back in the 50's and heavily backed him you are very correct in that statement.

To clarify - "It was the C.I.A who mistakenly brought to power the Ayatollah Khomeini in Iran during the 70's and thus a political Islamic state." - It was an intelligence failure in that they didn't see the Islamic Revolution in 1979 coming...Somehow I simply cannot buy that but that is my personal opinion.

Personal opinions aside, ultimately it was the C.I.A. who was responsible for the Ayatollah Khomeini coming to power by pushing Western influence in an Islamic region. In doing so an Islamic political state was born. A state with a deep Islamic religious convictions, and a strong hatred for the West and Western Ideals. (Sound familiar?)

The Ayatollah Khomeini he himself said and I quote "Islam is politics,... or it is nothing at all". The stage for radical Islam was set and primed in 1979 thanks to the C.I.A.

Fast forward to 1988/89... The birth of Al-Qaeda

The C.I.A. trained, provided weapons, and back Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan to repel the Soviets. The C.I.A. may not have directly formed Al-Qaeda but they certainly were instrumental in design, purpose, and structure. Radical Islam may have found a name and home within Al-Qaeda, but the principle and fundamental ideology had been very much alive and well since the 1979 Islamic revolution.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thanks for all the stars and flags y'all and the additional links and info.As I have said this topic has been considered taboo for years.Personally,I'm waiting for some one to show up and accuse Ben Swann of being "un-patriotic." and "irresponsible." When you have the current Sec of Sate saying yeah,we created Al Queda and you have the former National Security Adviser saying: "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?"

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Lol....you bit into an OLD hoax. That's not Osama in that photo.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join