It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now we've really had it -- People are getting fed-up !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
After reading this latest "cost related" bombshell related to ObamaCare, I think we all need to re-think the definition of "Rebellion" as we know it !!

According to very reliable sources, this bombshell will stir up just about everybody in the whole nation !

I for one have just about Had it UP to HERE

Shades of 1994, when Herman Cain, CEO of Godfathers Pizza, confronted Bill Clinton on Clinton’s health care proposal: now pizza chain Papa John's is issuing a warning to its shareholders that ObamaCare will force prices on their pizza to rise. There were 3,973 Papa John’s restaurants operating in 50 states and in 33 countries in June of this year. CEO and founder John Schnatter, who supports Mitt Romney and fundraises for him, said that ObamaCare will result in higher costs to Papa John’s, and those costs will balloon the prices consumers will pay:

Our best estimate is that the ObamaCare will cost 11 to 14 cents per pizza, or 15 to 20 cents per order from a corporate basis. We're not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry. But our business model and unit economics are about as ideal as you can get for a food company to absorb ObamaCare. If ObamaCare is in fact not repealed, we will find tactics to shallow out any ObamaCare costs and core strategies to pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders best interests.

Pizza Prices Will Go Up Under Obamacare !*#@!

Now we've Really had it

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Breitbart is a "source" but for the "very reliable" part? I guess opinions may vary.

Oh and it is not actually called Obamacare. Just a helpful hint. If you want folks to find out the truth at least give them the right information so that they can read other sources than a right wing blog. Just sayin'.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I couldn't agree with you more.

@ XuenChen, it isn't called Obama Care it's called The Affordable Care Act.

Affordable Care Act

ETA
Affordable Care Act Law
edit on 8/8/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

First they came for my pizza, but I'm lactose intolerant, so I didn't care. . . .

Then they came for my tofu,. . .

Get used to ALL prices going up for everything. It's the legacy of ACA.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The operative words in the statement are "protect the interest of our shareholders".

Who are the shareholders of Papa John's?

I think you will find this pretty revealing.

Among the shareholders of Papa John's:

JPMorgan Asset Management, Inc. (1,511,769 shares)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management LP (341,390 shares)
Rothschild Asset Management, Inc (181,107)

Says a lot!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't think we as a nation can tolerate 14 cents more per pizza-pie indulgence. I mean this is a lot to ask for for progress on the horrible situation that was tens of millions of people not having health insurance and going into horrendous debt all the time, losing their homes, etc. for medical maladies, you know, and bankrupting a nation.

14 cents more per pizza? That's like $100 more a week I just don't have...

edit on 8/8/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I couldn't agree with you more and it isn't called Obama Care it's called The Affordable Care Act.

Affordable Care Act

ETA
Affordable Care Act Law
edit on 8/8/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

And by the same token, the Bush Tax cuts are not named after President Bush but are really called "The Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003, and was signed by President Bush, which is where "The Bush Tax Cuts" come from.
en.wikipedia.org...

So since obama pushed for and signed the Affordable Care Act why shouldn't it be called obama care?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's not the healthcare law that is causing the pizza prices to go up...it is Papa John's being chained to "shareholders" (investment bankers) to be a profits whore for them.

Papa John's could easily comply with the healthcare law, improve their workers lives, and not raised their prices one cent...but that means no money for the rich guys...so they have to stick it to the working class to please their masters.

But you go ahead and blame a law that is focused on making sure everyone has health insurance so they don't die.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It's not the healthcare law that is causing the pizza prices to go up...it is Papa John's being chained to "shareholders" (investment bankers) to be a profits whore for them.

Papa John's could easily comply with the healthcare law, improve their workers lives, and not raised their prices one cent...but that means no money for the rich guys...so they have to stick it to the working class to please their masters.

But you go ahead and blame a law that is focused on making sure everyone has health insurance so they don't die.

Profit.

What a dirty word.

Let's all shake our fists at making money and profit!

*shakes fist*

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Because it's not what the legislation is actually called. I don't refer to the tax cuts you reference as "Bush tax cuts" either. Conversationally these terms are useful. But in a setting where information is being debated and exchanged honesty and accuracy count. Let the super PACs come up with the nonsense... We are here to deconstruct it, analyze it, and figure out the underlying truths so that we can debate them in an enlightened manner. That's what this entire site is about.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
p.s., Papa John's tastes like crap nowadays, it used to actually be good and not taste cheap. Why don't they save that 14 cents by just making even crappier pizzas. Shareholders won't be happy until we're eating cardboard anyway...
edit on 8/8/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ooooooooo, those eeeevil investors, how dare they expect to make a profit on their investment. Shame on them.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I dont understand the problem with using Obamacare.. it differentiates it from the other "socialized" medicine programs and ideas. Romneycare didnt inflame anyone. I dont get it.
Anyhoo, the only thing I think is real offensive and Im not one.. is the term : teabagger. Yes, I googled it and saw a video. I now know.

Look, Obama already told us different things would skyrocket necessarily with these different things he wants in place. Its no big shock. He is a big corp puppet just like Bush. "People": should have listened and been fed up a while back, but then again... ww3 McCain wasnt a great choice either.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Making profits is fine, being tied down to have to increase your profits every quarter to please your shareholder masters creates a system where people will always get screwed over.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

JPMorgan Asset Management, Inc. (1,511,769 shares) Goldman Sachs Asset Management LP (341,390 shares) Rothschild Asset Management, Inc (181,107) Says a lot!

Oh no they own little over 2 million shares even tho Papa johns has over 23+ million shares issued.

Nice try

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Your right, but people like to keep bashing President Bush for the "Bush Tax Cuts" I figure turn about is fair play when it comes to Affordable Health Care ( obama care).

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I really don't care when they use "Obamacare"...because they are unknowingly cementing Obama's legacy.

This law isn't going anywhere...Republicans are using it for a campaign talking point, but have no plan to repeal it because they have no plan to replace it with. So this law will be in place forever...and it will ensure everyone has health insurance so they can recieve the care they need. People in the future will look back and wonder why it took so long to do this and be sickened by the fact that we used to let people die because they couldn't afford insurance, that we let people lose their homes because their hospital bill, that we allowed insurance companies to kick people off after they got cancer because they found out they had migraines that they didn't report to them, that our insurance plans had "caps" on them that only paid out so much and then left us to die.

People will be glad they don't have to deal with any of those atrocities anymore...and they will think..."Thank god for Obamacare".

So that is why I don't mind when people use the term...they are handing Obama a legacy...and they don't even know it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
At least one business is giving the customers a warning.

Funny, how the cost of a pizza can seem so important to some while Catholic Bishops are readying themselves and their flock to go to jail over this issue. Wait until tax time. Pro-lifers don't want their tax dollars being used to fund elective abortions.

First organization to defy Obamacare: Priests for Life. Get the jail cells ready.
Catholic Group to Defy New Obamacare Pro-Abortion Mandate
www.lifenews.com...

edit on 8/9/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

2 million means nothing to the obama supporters, until they find out it's going to cost them to pay 2 million dollars a month to have obamacare (obama refers to it as obamacare now) if they actually have a job.

But, they're probably qualifying for medicaid, hopefully in CA.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Ummm...I don't want to call a Priest stupid...but it is what it is.

The Priest can't protest or not comply with the birth control regulation...because it has been put on the insurance companies to do it.

They don't have a choice to comply...because they aren't the ones doing anything.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join