It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for implementation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
(before I start, forgive me if this is not the right place for this thread)

Hello ATS,

I usually read a lot through ATS, more than I actually post.

Very often we find some nice info in a post reply but after pages of thread you simply cannot find it anymore. Then you start to scan all the way back and try to find that post again. It takes a lot of time sometimes.

I'm not sure if this feature is already implemented, so I leave my suggestion anyway:

Would it be possible to implement a "post bookmark"? Once selected, it would show some colour stamp on the side (as in Acrobat Reader). At the same time you could assess it through your 'My ATS' page for quick reference.

I believe this would be very handy and usefull for all of us, including owners and mods.

Best Regards.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

I'm not 100% certain this is what your aiming for, but if you are looking for replies to your posts, just go into messages, located on the ribbon that pops up at the bottom of the page and then hit messages. Inside that is a replies section that shows if a person has replied to your posts, which you can then go back to from there instead of tracking through endless pages to hunt them down.

If you're looking for a post you made in a thread, same deal, just hit "my posts" in the ribbon and it'll show you a list of recent posts and one click and you're there.

Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

If you look at any post you'll see "This Post" in the upper left, just to the right of the date stamp, click it.

It opens up that exact post in your browser, book mark it and you're golden.

Springer...
edit on 8-9-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hi Springer, you're right. That will do. So my suggestion is reduntant in the end. But thank you for answering it.
By the way, congratulations for your great leadership.

top topics

join