It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Camp's Top Ten Most Audacious Lies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm a little disappointed. I hoped people objecting to the OP would contradict things in it. Instead the responses seem to be "I could disprove them all, but I can't be bothered." Or, "It doesn't matter if they are lies."

These objections seem unconvincing. If I had to judge, I would say the OP wins by default.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm a little disappointed. I hoped people objecting to the OP would contradict things in it. Instead the responses seem to be "I could disprove them all, but I can't be bothered." Or, "It doesn't matter if they are lies."

These objections seem unconvincing. If I had to judge, I would say the OP wins by default.

You really don't have to look past the first paragraph quoted.

For the record, in my headline, the use of "Obama Camp" means more than just the actual Obama campaign. It also means Obama's surrogates, supporters, and, of course, the media. But you already knew that.

So anything anti-Romney, they attribute to Obama.

But if you want specifics...sure...I'll give you some. Even though the article doesn't give any proof or specifics...they just claim it's a lie and I guess you believe it until someone can prove to you otherwise.

One question before I start...why don't you require them to prove their claims...but you expect others to disprove their claims???

1. Romney Killed My Wife -- This howler, courtesy of a pro-Obama super PAC, has sucked most of the oxygen out of yesterday and today's news narrative. In-between denouncing the ad, Romney's attempting to work through the clutter of this distraction to hit Obama for dismantling welfare reform.

This is from a Super PAC...not Obama. And, from what I have read on it...it's not really a lie...his wife did die after the guy lost his job from one of Bain's companies. Romney defends it by saying that she died 5 years later...so I guess there is a time limit on how long Romney is responsible for not having insurance due to him axing that person's job.

2. Outsourcer-In-Chief -- This lie came courtesy of the Washington Post, who, in direct coordination with the Obama campaign, slammed Romney for outsourcing jobs he didn’t outsource.

We can't say if this is true or not until more is found out about when Romney really left Bain...we can't know that without his tax returns...so this can't be called a "lie".

3. Romney's Gaffe-tastic Overseas Escapades -- To make Romney look like a stumble-bum and destroy any hope he had of looking presidential or like a statesman, the corrupt media created gaffes out of whole cloth, going so far as to make Ugly American spectacles of themselves on sanctified ground. The Narrative was set and executed brilliantly.

Where is the lie??? They are claiming the "media"...which they claim is controlled by Obama
, created gaffes. I'm sorry...but Romney created those gaffes himself...the media just reported them. And remember...it wasn't just the US media...it was global media...so apparently Obama controls the entire globes media.

4. Romney Will Crush the Middle Class With Tax Increases -- Both the media and Obama campaign have teamed up to use a phony study (co-authored by a former Obama official) to accuse Romney of planning to cut taxes for the wealthy and raise taxes on the middle class. Lies don’t get much bigger than this, but Romney's had to be out there defensively explaining why this isn’t true ever since.

There have been many fact checkers on this...and they all agree...Romney's tax plan would increase taxes on teh Middle class and give breaks to the wealthy.

How does this article counter that...they just say it's phony...nothing else...they just say it's a lie with no proof...and yet you are here asking for people to prove them wrong...when they have provided nothing to back up their claims.

5. Harry Reid's McCarthyism -- This sinister but undeniably brilliant tactic sucked up six-days of the news-cycle and was a total and complete victory for the Obama campaign. For six-days we talked about Romney's taxes and not about Obama's failures. Reid, who has no plans to run for reelection, took all the fire and Obama floated above it all. Genius.

Harry Reid...is not Obama.

And...we have no proof it is a lie...again...the answer is in the tax returns...and Romney refuses to release those. If he wants to prove this isn't true...it's up to him to release his tax returns.

Continued....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

6. Romney's a Felon -- Both DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Senior Obama Campaign Advisor Stephanie Cutter used the word "felon" to describe Mitt Romney's association with Bain. This sucked the air out of three-days worth of news-cycles and while the media cried foul, they also made sure Obama paid no political price whatsoever. Moreover, Romney was reduced to a man demanding an apology. Another total win for Team Obama.

Here is a great example of a lie they are using to say Obama is lying. Again...this has nothing to do with Obama...actually...none of these have been Obama yet....all other people.

But, they never called Romney a felon...they never used the word felon to DESCRIBE Romney's associations with Bain. They laid out the only two possible scenarios...he either lied to the American public or he lied to the SEC (which is a felon). They both made it clear that they are only presenting the two possible options...and they both made it clear that they aren't suggesting Romney is a felon...so they were saying Romney was lying to the American Public.

Notice...that this article or Romney never says that it's a lie that he lied to the American public...they only cry about the "lie" that he commited a felon....basic logical deduction would tell you Romney just admitted to lying to the American public.

7. Romney Opposes Abortion Exceptions For Rape and incest Victims -- This ad comes straight from the Obama campaign, not a surrogate. It's another brazen, bald-faced lie that makes Romney look extreme and that the media has made sure Obama pays no political price for telling.

This isn't a lie...well...because it's true. As with a lot of things with Romney...it's not true anymore...but at one point he did support an amendment that would restrict all abortions.

Out of all the "lies" on this list...this is the only one that comes close to meeting the criteria of a "lie"....but it is more a case of withholding all relevant information.

8. Romney the Gay-bashing Prep School As*hole -- In another blatantly false anti-Romney attack obviously coordinated between the Obama campaign and the Washington Post, the Post reaches back a half-century to Romney's mind and declare it homophobic.

Ok...you need to go to the Brietbart article...and click the link for their "proof" of this one. It goes to an article about Obama being a big spender

This one is not a lie at all...Romney's own best friend at the time is the source. And again...notice they aren't denying that he tormented this kid and shaved his head...but they are just saying "well it's not because he was gay"...even though that isn't what his best friend says.

9. Romney's More Secretive Than Nixon -- This one explains itself

I don't know...Romney is pretty secretive. This is more of an opinion than a verifiable fact...opinions can't really be "lies".

10. That's Racist -- This narrative is just starting to bubble up again. Chris Matthews was all over it last night and The New Yorker hit the theme that Romney's criticism of Obama dismantling welfare reform is racially based. And that's just the most recent example.

Again...Chris Matthews...is not Obama...does not work for Obama...is not part of his campaign.

This would be like me holding Romney responsible for every stupid thing Hannity, Limbaugh, and O'reilly says.

Overall...that is a pretty weak list. And after going through it in detail...I am actually shocked that you needed someone to point out how pathetic all of these are. It is ridiculous that I had to do it in the first place, and it is ridiculous that you couldn't have done it yourself.

So...tell me...what is your opinion of all those "lies from Obama" now...do you still believe them???

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think the BO camps most B.S. lies were about Romneys so called foriegn policy gaffes. How is questioning the fact that parts of East London look like something out of V for Vendetta supposed to be a gaffe. Are the BO camp implying that it is a good thing that London has been turned into a police state for the last month just for the Olympics. Or, how about their claim that he is racist because he says that his English ancestry might be an asset in Anglo-American relations. Didn't Obama say or at least imply that his African ancestry would help relations between the U.S. and African countries? You don't hear anyone calling him a racist. There is also their reporting that Romney supporting Jerusalem as the Isreali capital is also somehow a gaffe. Are they trying to say that a city that was first founded by Jews being the capital of the Jewish state is somehow bad? Thats like someone saying that Riyadh shouldn't be the capital of Saudi Arabia. My favorite supposed gaffe was when a member of the Romney campaign told reporters to go to hell. Why, you ask? Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the a**hole reporters were obnoxiously yelling questions in the middle of a solemn and nationally respected Polish religious site.

P.S., I dont really support Romney all that much and more than the great fool in the white house, but they should both at least make an attempt to be civil to each other.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

My favorite supposed gaffe was when a member of the Romney campaign told reporters to go to hell. Why, you ask? Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the a**hole reporters were obnoxiously yelling questions in the middle of a solemn and nationally respected Polish religious site.

Oh, this is my favorite justificaiton you attempted (the others were pretty bad...at least this one was ironically funny).

So...you claim that the reporters were obnoxiously yelling questions at a solemn and nationally respected religious site....so obviously the correct response from the Romney campaign is to yell at the reporters to "kiss my ass" (not "go to hell"...but facts aren't important to you obviously)...at that same solemn and nationally respected Polish religious site.

And still...all of that is somehow Obama's doing.

edit on 9-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
He cares, He's like George Washington and never lies!
edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You just hit gold, this should be Obama's mantra in 2012. "Vote for me, I'm like a black George Washington."

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

George Washington had far less to deal with than a current POTUS does. And the color of skin should be totally irrelevant - even in these types of descriptives.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

George Washington had far less to deal with than a current POTUS does. And the color of skin should be totally irrelevant - even in these types of descriptives.

~Heff

I agree, far less, but every decision far more important as he was setting precedent for every President to follow, that clearly weighed heavy on him. As far as skin color, it is irrelevant, to me at least and should be for all, but was relevant in making my comment a joke. It was a play on the fact that in 2008 Obama had a clear campaign message and reason to vote for him, Yes we can. In 2012 Obama has struggled to find a slogan that defines him and will turn out the votes, hence my joke.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Fair enough and no harm, no foul!

As far as the topic goes, obviously I've never been POTUS - but I have had positions of authority over my career and one thing that I try to consider when looking at any politician is the pressures that they immediately face upon entering office. It really has to be nearly impossible to keep focus or perspective when you become the ground zero of propaganda and have armies of folks whose only jobs are to convince you to vote one way or another. I really do think that most Presidents at least try to do what is "right" to one degree or another. My dismay lately is that it seems to me like a handful of Wall Street bigshots - and a few highly powerful political insiders have kind of monopolized this influence process. I don't envy any POTUS - of either party... just watch any one of them over a four ( or eight ) year period and watch how fast they age... it's got to be terrible.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree, but when I look at Obama I do not see a man fighting a raging tide, I see someone stirring the waters making the waves drowning me. NDAA and the white house specifically requesting the detention of US citizens all the while playing like they will veto the bill if that peice is included. He has no kept his promises, the economy is terrible, he has eroded my rights, and it is time for him to go.

I am not a right winger, I want to see a complete single payer health care system, but I am certainly voting Romney, otherwise who knows what the Government will be able to do to US citizens in 4 more years. They can already detain and kill us with no warning or repercussions.

I have no idea if Romney is the man to get it done, I do know he has the skillset that can pull it off. I want a POTUS that will truly fight the tide with me, I don't think Romney is that man, but I think he will calm the storm. We are so far down this path that I don't think any one President can bring us back, but they can start taking us in the right direction, time will tell perhaps.
edit on 9-8-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Just to be fair these problems predate Obama and began with the Patriot Acts I&II - and have continued getting deeper and deeper ever since. It's all based upon totalitarianism, IMO. I also agree, Obama lied about fixing these issues and then did, indeed, not only continue bad policies but added to them - with regard to detention, rendition, etc.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Dear OutKast Searcher,

Just got back to the thread. I have to thank you and give you two stars. By doing a fair amount of work and offering substance to the thread in the form of a rebuttal, you've made discussion possible.

I'm not sure I agree with your apparent requirement that the words had to come out of Obama's mouth, especially since the headline says "Obama's Camp," but I think some of your other objections may be well taken.

Anyway, thanks again for a nice piece of work,

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

So you agree with the article that whatever the Media says is part of the "Obama Camp"???

Come on...please tell me you don't believe that.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by neo96
He cares, He's like George Washington and never lies!
edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You just hit gold, this should be Obama's mantra in 2012. "Vote for me, I'm like a black George Washington."

If Obama did things that Washington did...like marching the US Army on farmers to collect taxes...you guys would be calling him unspeakable things.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NosmoKing
It is interesting that BHO has no record to run on...so his only choice is to make Romney look like a worse choice than BHO.

And the other tactic that appears to be in play is to slam Romney with as many falsehoods in a short time span so that the right-wing blog-o-sphere and talk radio don't have enough time to react to each and every lie while the main-stream media do the heavy lifting and carry each of the stories far and wide.

The debates will be interesting to say the least.

Dude that is all Democrats run on. Defamation of the opponent. They can't run on ideas or their record, they'd have no chance.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I thought the same thing too. I could refute them. but the poster is only on this site working for the Romney campaign, no use arguing.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You just have to look at OP posts to know.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Actually, the whole presidency was developed around George. He wasn't worried about the future presidency, he was worried about just getting this one going and getting a newly developed country in order. But the world was also much smaller then.No nuclear weapons, only Europe and 13 colonies to contend with. ANd how to get money. He didn't even need staff to assist him. He actually acted like he was doomed being president. He was upset about his loss of freedom.
edit on 9-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Not to mention that Washington was an elitist.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Dear OutKast Searcher,

Hey! I give you two stars and you jump on me? Where's the gratitude?

Let me return the question. Do you think that Nolte, the author of the article, believes every, single, media outlet is in Obama's pocket? Of course you don't, and nobody else thinks so either. This shouldn't have been a serious question in your mind.

Now if we were to talk about the media as a whole, Yes, I believe the slant is toward Obama. Which news outlets slant toward Romney? You might argue FOX. On the radio, there's Limbaugh. The Washington Times on the newspaper side, and the rest seem to be blogs and think tanks. Yeah, I think the media slants left.

But my purpose was not to be partisan, but to thank you for presenting a counter-point to the OP.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join