It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Camp's Top Ten Most Audacious Lies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The list has links to stir the kettle.

Obama Camp's Top Ten Most Audacious Lies (And Why They're Working)

Of course, most has absolutely nothing to do with Obama's own record and "accomplishments"

The article author is claiming Obama's tactics are working

Perhaps so, but only with current supporters.

from Breitbart -- by John Nolte

For the record, in my headline, the use of "Obama Camp" means more than just the actual Obama campaign. It also means Obama's surrogates, supporters, and, of course, the media. But you already knew that.

Before we get started, though, I want to back up some because this isn’t meant to only be a har-har top ten list that's fun to read and pass around. What I'm trying to do here is make a case for what I believe is the over-arching strategy of the Obama campaign and why I think, at least for now, it's working pretty well. ..............

• 1. Romney Killed My Wife -- This howler, courtesy of a pro-Obama super PAC, has sucked most of the oxygen out of yesterday and today's news narrative. In-between denouncing the ad, Romney's attempting to work through the clutter of this distraction to hit Obama for dismantling welfare reform.

• 2. Outsourcer-In-Chief -- This lie came courtesy of the Washington Post, who, in direct coordination with the Obama campaign, slammed Romney for outsourcing jobs he didn’t outsource.

• 3. Romney's Gaffe-tastic Overseas Escapades -- To make Romney look like a stumble-bum and destroy any hope he had of looking presidential or like a statesman, the corrupt media created gaffes out of whole cloth, going so far as to make Ugly American spectacles of themselves on sanctified ground. The Narrative was set and executed brilliantly.

• 4. Romney Will Crush the Middle Class With Tax Increases -- Both the media and Obama campaign have teamed up to use a phony study (co-authored by a former Obama official) to accuse Romney of planning to cut taxes for the wealthy and raise taxes on the middle class. Lies don’t get much bigger than this, but Romney's had to be out there defensively explaining why this isn’t true ever since.

• 5. Harry Reid's McCarthyism -- This sinister but undeniably brilliant tactic sucked up six-days of the news-cycle and was a total and complete victory for the Obama campaign. For six-days we talked about Romney's taxes and not about Obama's failures. Reid, who has no plans to run for reelection, took all the fire and Obama floated above it all. Genius.

• 6. Romney's a Felon -- Both DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Senior Obama Campaign Advisor Stephanie Cutter used the word "felon" to describe Mitt Romney's association with Bain. This sucked the air out of three-days worth of news-cycles and while the media cried foul, they also made sure Obama paid no political price whatsoever. Moreover, Romney was reduced to a man demanding an apology. Another total win for Team Obama.

• 7. Romney Opposes Abortion Exceptions For Rape and incest Victims -- This ad comes straight from the Obama campaign, not a surrogate. It's another brazen, bald-faced lie that makes Romney look extreme and that the media has made sure Obama pays no political price for telling.

• 8. Romney the Gay-bashing Prep School As*hole -- In another blatantly false anti-Romney attack obviously coordinated between the Obama campaign and the Washington Post, the Post reaches back a half-century to Romney's mind and declare it homophobic.

• 9. Romney's More Secretive Than Nixon -- This one explains itself.

• 10. That's Racist -- This narrative is just starting to bubble up again. Chris Matthews was all over it last night and The New Yorker hit the theme that Romney's criticism of Obama dismantling welfare reform is racially based. And that's just the most recent example.

see the story for the links and full explanations ..............
Obama Camp's Top Ten Most Audacious Lies (And Why They're Working)

Voter's Choice ?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh the humanity Romney is so evil!!!!

Where's He kills kittehs and eats them!

No No! Obama never lies!!!

Obama is the great savior of the republic! He saved us all from the great depression

Oh hell no I am going to vote for OBama I'm convinced!

He cares, He's like George Washington and never lies!
edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It is interesting that BHO has no record to run on...so his only choice is to make Romney look like a worse choice than BHO.

And the other tactic that appears to be in play is to slam Romney with as many falsehoods in a short time span so that the right-wing blog-o-sphere and talk radio don't have enough time to react to each and every lie while the main-stream media do the heavy lifting and carry each of the stories far and wide.

The debates will be interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Obamas Biggest Lie!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Breitbart is just a right winged propaganda site, all of their so called "news" is always crazy propaganda against Obama.I have said this before but most of America thinks Mitt is in a cult disguised as a religion called Moron. Most Catholics I know would never vote for Mitt!

Obama is not from Kenya, and if things are messed up how about blaming all of the republicans blocking everything our President tries to do to fix it. The repeal of the glass steagall act put us in this situation, and that's another thing we can thank republicans for.

Why would anyone that makes less then $250k a year ever vote republican, I can't understand it!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
For all you Obama haters...it really is going to suck for you guys when he gets re-elected...

The only ones buying your BS are fellow conservatives/Obama Haters...so I guess keep wasting your time with these threads...the only people agreeing with them are already on your side...

You are not going to change a thing...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
While I don't support either party as they are all the same...see my list of posts, etc.

Romney has this one in the bag. Most US citizens with an IQ see through the barage of bs from the Obama camp. Of course, Romney will not be much better. Why? Because no President can fix this mess the Federal Reserve has us in.

Heres hoping!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko and djayed

I'm glad you came to the thread and supported Obama. What I'm really hoping for is your discussion on whether the "lies" the OP posted are true or false. Pick one, or several, and please tell us why you disagree. I'd like to know.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yours, should be the number one thread in my opinion. You may want to take a look here and add this to the list.
S&F! abovetopsecret

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
For all you Obama haters...it really is going to suck for you guys when he gets re-elected...

The only ones buying your BS are fellow conservatives/Obama Haters...so I guess keep wasting your time with these threads...the only people agreeing with them are already on your side...

You are not going to change a thing...

Well, the joy of it is, it's a 50/50 crap shoot and in THIS year? November is still a looong way off. God knows we've watched things change in far less time among the last years events to think everything can't go one way or another by surprise.

The liberals absolutely never thought Bush could be re-elected and I never thought Clinton would be. I fear for our nation if Obama is...but I've made peace with that if it happens. I don't plan to fight the system....working into it right through the front door can be so much more fun and we'll have 4 years to do it. No matter which evil we get.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Funny thing how lies work....you use a list of lies to claim other statements are lies...funny.

Now...I would point out one by one the lies in your source article...but why waste my time...facts aren't that popular around here.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A novel could be written about Romney's lies and flip-flops.
But he won't be elected so who cares.
At least you Obama haters will get 4 more years to whine and complain & I'll get 4 more years of laughing at your posts here. Win-Win

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by kerazeesicko and djayed

I'm glad you came to the thread and supported Obama. What I'm really hoping for is your discussion on whether the "lies" the OP posted are true or false. Pick one, or several, and please tell us why you disagree. I'd like to know.

I can go line by line and pull out the twists,but they are political ads, they have a bunch off fluff and twists to the truth. Mitts campaign is doing the same thing! That's why they have super pacs so they can say "I didn't approve that". Just like Mitt used the speech of Obama when he was talking about building a business, what the Romney campaign and fox said he said and spliced it to look like he meant it one way but if they would have played the whole clip you would see that's NOT what he said or meant.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
2. Outsourcer-In-Chief -- This lie came courtesy of the Washington Post, who, in direct coordination with the Obama campaign, slammed Romney for outsourcing jobs he didn’t outsource.

Well heres a nice little graph from Bain Capital on the use of offshoring by companies they work with.
Page 18.
www.bain.com...

Offshoring N. America 51% Europe 42% Asia 30% L. America 8%

Theres even a note on it that says. "Use tool significantly more than those not in region"

Offshoring is only a tool to them. It does not mean anything to them to send your jobs to another country.

edit on 8-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I find it facile and wasteful to spend time pointing out the lies of one party when the other party is equally guilty and just as corrupt. The answer to our woes is not Mitt Romney nor Barack Obama... it's revamping a broken system of Government and putting control back into the hands of the people and not just the people with enough money to buy laws and justice.

All politicians lie. They overpomise during campaigns and then under-deliver once in office. And, truthfully... what does it matter which party wins when they are both financed by the same powerful lobbies and interests anyway.

Divide and conquer is way more effective than any of us seem to be realizing.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Dear JBA2848,

Perhaps there is some mistake. Your link goes to a Bain survey of what other companies around the world are doing, not what Bain is doing.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you!

Why is it so hard to get people to realize that this is a sham?!

Arguing back and forth about the superiority of a particular candidate for whatever reason is pointless. Both parties have failed us and its time to do our civic duty and reject it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

How well do you know Obama? Can you give me a list of the executive orders he's issued in the last 2 months and defend those?

Or are you just a Obamatron who posts mind-numbing retorts with no reason behind them?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Funny thing how lies work....you use a list of lies to claim other statements are lies...funny.

Now...I would point out one by one the lies in your source article...but why waste my time...facts aren't that popular around here.

Dude, everybody knows that facts have a liberal bias to them.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That is a Bain Capital client questionaire on the Bain Capital Tool Set. Theres a lot of these that allow Bain to chose dirrections from current and past clients.

11 surveys, 8,504 respondents covering a 14-year span
edit on 8-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join