It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
For the record, in my headline, the use of "Obama Camp" means more than just the actual Obama campaign. It also means Obama's surrogates, supporters, and, of course, the media. But you already knew that.
Before we get started, though, I want to back up some because this isn’t meant to only be a har-har top ten list that's fun to read and pass around. What I'm trying to do here is make a case for what I believe is the over-arching strategy of the Obama campaign and why I think, at least for now, it's working pretty well. ..............
- 1. Romney Killed My Wife -- This howler, courtesy of a pro-Obama super PAC, has sucked most of the oxygen out of yesterday and today's news narrative. In-between denouncing the ad, Romney's attempting to work through the clutter of this distraction to hit Obama for dismantling welfare reform.
- 2. Outsourcer-In-Chief -- This lie came courtesy of the Washington Post, who, in direct coordination with the Obama campaign, slammed Romney for outsourcing jobs he didn’t outsource.
- 3. Romney's Gaffe-tastic Overseas Escapades -- To make Romney look like a stumble-bum and destroy any hope he had of looking presidential or like a statesman, the corrupt media created gaffes out of whole cloth, going so far as to make Ugly American spectacles of themselves on sanctified ground. The Narrative was set and executed brilliantly.
- 4. Romney Will Crush the Middle Class With Tax Increases -- Both the media and Obama campaign have teamed up to use a phony study (co-authored by a former Obama official) to accuse Romney of planning to cut taxes for the wealthy and raise taxes on the middle class. Lies don’t get much bigger than this, but Romney's had to be out there defensively explaining why this isn’t true ever since.
- 5. Harry Reid's McCarthyism -- This sinister but undeniably brilliant tactic sucked up six-days of the news-cycle and was a total and complete victory for the Obama campaign. For six-days we talked about Romney's taxes and not about Obama's failures. Reid, who has no plans to run for reelection, took all the fire and Obama floated above it all. Genius.
- 6. Romney's a Felon -- Both DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Senior Obama Campaign Advisor Stephanie Cutter used the word "felon" to describe Mitt Romney's association with Bain. This sucked the air out of three-days worth of news-cycles and while the media cried foul, they also made sure Obama paid no political price whatsoever. Moreover, Romney was reduced to a man demanding an apology. Another total win for Team Obama.
- 7. Romney Opposes Abortion Exceptions For Rape and incest Victims -- This ad comes straight from the Obama campaign, not a surrogate. It's another brazen, bald-faced lie that makes Romney look extreme and that the media has made sure Obama pays no political price for telling.
- 8. Romney the Gay-bashing Prep School As*hole -- In another blatantly false anti-Romney attack obviously coordinated between the Obama campaign and the Washington Post, the Post reaches back a half-century to Romney's mind and declare it homophobic.
- 9. Romney's More Secretive Than Nixon -- This one explains itself.
- 10. That's Racist -- This narrative is just starting to bubble up again. Chris Matthews was all over it last night and The New Yorker hit the theme that Romney's criticism of Obama dismantling welfare reform is racially based. And that's just the most recent example.
Originally posted by kerazeesicko
For all you Obama haters...it really is going to suck for you guys when he gets re-elected...
The only ones buying your BS are fellow conservatives/Obama Haters...so I guess keep wasting your time with these threads...the only people agreeing with them are already on your side...
You are not going to change a thing...
Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by kerazeesicko and djayed
I'm glad you came to the thread and supported Obama. What I'm really hoping for is your discussion on whether the "lies" the OP posted are true or false. Pick one, or several, and please tell us why you disagree. I'd like to know.
Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by xuenchen
Funny thing how lies work....you use a list of lies to claim other statements are lies...funny.
Now...I would point out one by one the lies in your source article...but why waste my time...facts aren't that popular around here.