It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul, Rick Santorum To Speak At GOP Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

This article was written yesterday so I suppose its technically still breaking news but I'm surprised this hasn't been posted on ATS yet (edit: Mods moved my thread from Breaking Political News to here). No word that my homey Ron Paul will be speaking in Tampa this month but here's the latest on who will. I suppose Rand Paul will the Paul that will speak and not his father Ron. Rand's endorsement for Mitt Romney pleased the RNC, and what pleases them even more is having Rand speak and not his father. I guess nothing is written in stone and Ron could possibly be able to have his 15 minutes, you never know...

Ugh Rick Santorum? Another FU to Ron Paul courtesy of the RNC.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The first group of headline speakers at this month's Republican convention, announced Monday morning -- former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, Sen. John
McCain (R-Ariz) and others -- was a nod to diversity. The second group, announced Tuesday morning, was a play for significant constituencies in the party's base.

In particular, Sen. Rand Paul's (R-Ky.) presence on the stage in Tampa will help supporters of the senator's father, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), who ran for president this year and caused the GOP headaches at multiple state party conventions.

Rand Paul Granted Speaking Slot At GOP Convention

www.prisonplanet.com...

The anonymous official told CNN that Paul has been selected as a primetime speaker at the event specifically to appeal to “anti-government, young, libertarian minded activists.”

Readers will be divided over whether it has been Paul’s success as a Senator and his continued growth in popularity among libertarians and disillusioned tea partiers over the past year or whether it was his controversial endorsement of Mitt Romney back in June that has garnered him the slot.

And what of Ron Paul? It “remains unclear” as to whether the Congressman will be afforded a slot, but is seemingly unlikely given that his son has been given the nod by the party elite.

The Congressman has so far stuck to his guns and refused to endorse Romney on the grounds that he simply disagrees with the presumed nominee on so many issues.

However, for the party to completely ignore the Congressman, despite the fact that he has fought a long hard campaign and will have many delegates on the floor of the convention, and given the fact that he is also retiring, represents an unmitigated slap in the face. Yet this is hardly surprising coming from a GOP leadership that has scratched and clawed to keep Paul in the shadows for so long.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think it's simple. All the people speaking at RNC have endorsed Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney is running the show. Sarah Palin has not endorsed Romney. She has not been announced. Ron Paul has not endorsed Mitt Romney. So thinking logically about this now, that means Sarah Palin and Ron Paul will not be there.

Rand Paul has endorsed Mitt Romney so he gets a slot!

Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Thanks for the math because I sure didn't figure that out. Again, thanks.

Also, endorsing Romney or not, I think they're making a huge mistake not bringing in Sarah Palin. Who else is going to be comedy relief? Condy? Oh and good lord, McCain? I'd bring in Bush, little Bush, give him a few drinks and let him go. I don't agree with most of their politics but at least I can laugh at em, if I was going and I'm definitely not too thrilled with this list and wouldn't be too happy if I were attending

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure why Rick Santorum is there, because to us moderates he is a bit crazy and if its one thing Romney doesn't come off as its crazy, but he's there. Maybe they made a deal at the end, just like Rand and Romney did perhaps Ron was in on that deal too.

Palin is too crazy for me, but yes, the conservative do want her there. But it's simple, she has yet to endorse Romney. If she does, I'm sure he'll be happy to have her there.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Palin is an attention whore is needs to make more $$ so she'll endorse Mitt sooner or later, and why not sooner rather than later? Unless of course she can make more money not endorsing Mitt. Don't they all fall in line and endorse who everyone is endorsing? Washington DC is definitely like high school in regards to peer pressure and the popularity contests.

I'm pretty sure Rick Santorum doesn't know why Rick Santorum has a speaking slot.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Santorum is there because he is the only other candidate to meet the requirements to be on the ballot. If you are on the ballot, you get to speak.

If they didn't officially "invite" him...he would have gone anyway because he is guaranteed time.
edit on 8-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And there we go! Rick Santorum does know why Rick Santorum is going

I'll be looking forward to watching clips of these speeches.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

If they didn't officially "invite" him...he would have gone anyway because he is guaranteed time.
edit on 8-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Yes, I forgot about that rule! I've been spending too much time in Pauly land...Completely forgot about the real rules of the RNC, not the made up ones....
:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
At least the sane Paul is speaking.

Disappointed in not having Palin.

McCain has been and will forever remain a joke.

A George W. Bush surprise appearance would bring down the house. Really hope this happens.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I enjoy when Rand speaks and look forward to watching his speech, but lets not get too crazy here and call his father the crazy. Ron clearly has radical ideas and maybe that's what this country needs right now, because the same old same old ain't working but no matter what we will, apparently, continue with the same old same old. So we'll see where it goes...

In any case, you think his dad is like crazy-crazy or just crazy as in radical political ideas? Do you expect him to get on stage in his underwear and start yelling at the "youths" to get off his lawn or something? If Ron took the stage tell us what craziness you'd expect?

top topics

join