It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing Link - 93% Evidence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Agreed, but I also believe there was manipulation along the way to create "true" humans at some point in time.
Proof of evolution won't destroy religion, it will just make people open their minds to possibilities they've so far refused to consider. There doesn't need to be an evolution vs. creation debate. Evolution WAS creation.

I agree 100%.

I do not doubt that evolution happened. But it had a hand be it previously or after the fact. I have always believed that both happened and the true missing link is science is looking at an either/or scenario as opposed to both.

Evolution and creationism.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

This might be the answer to your question.

khwjD-KVQ_Q[yvid]

Sorry if this link doesnt work it is my 1st attempt

Note to mods sorry had to.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Here is the full link www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
DNA, every single percentage point that you take as a differentiation is equal to 30 MILLION base pairs.

So, 7% = 210,000,000 base differentiations.

That's 210 million. That number is so large that in real terms, it's pretty much incomprehensible. And that's assuming that you've already overcome a number of the other intrinsic points of differentiation between humans and apes... of which there are many.

Given the amount of room for silent mutations in the codon table, it makes great sense. Just because you don't understand basic genetics, doesn't mean they don't make sense.

There is a reason why evolution is still considered to be a theory.

That's just a trolling statement. Gravity is also only a theory. Evolution is as much a fact as gravity, get over it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Evolution can be observed over the span of a few weeks. Several studies with flies/gnats have shown evolution in action. Anyone who disregards evolution as "not real" is off their rocker. Evolution is very real, the issue is proving whether or not apes, or an ape-like creature, subjected to evolutionary process could produce a human.

I wholeheartedly believe its possible. This will undoubtedly turn into an evolutionist vs. creationist thread and will digress into silly semantics about religion and science. Religion and science can coexist, but people need to start practicing tolerance and looking at things from more than one narrow point of view.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

We did not "evolve from apes". If we did evolve from anything, us and apes evolved from the same beings in the further past.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes I think it is imperative that people understand that the theory revolves around human evolving from a COMMON ancestor to apes. If the theory is true, we evolved from an ape-like creature, that could probably be considered human-like as well. So it could just as easily be said that apes evolved from a human-like creature as well. Just because we have social and political architectures that appear to be more advanced, doesn't make us superior. Apes are far smarter than people often realize.
edit on 9-8-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Dozens of 'missing links" have already been found. In fact they already found the one that is halfway between modern human and ancient ape. So yeah, the whole missing link fiasco is nonsense, it's just another way the creationists attack evolution. That argument only held weight back in the 1800s before the dozens of missing links were discovered and they've been moving the goal posts ever since. It never ends.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join