It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

U.S. program to suspend deportation of young undocumented immigrants

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They will have to pay a $465 fee to apply.


Young illegal immigrants - many of whom have spent much of their lives attending schools in the United States - will be able to begin emerging from their uncertain status on Aug. 15 when the Obama administration begins letting them apply to stay temporarily.

www.theglobeandmail.com...




posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZerkerVirus
They will have to pay a $465 fee to apply.


Young illegal immigrants - many of whom have spent much of their lives attending schools in the United States - will be able to begin emerging from their uncertain status on Aug. 15 when the Obama administration begins letting them apply to stay temporarily.

www.theglobeandmail.com...


Yup, they will be given work permits and to hell with the millions of un-employed citizens. People can come here illegally without a health or background check, jump to the head of the line and their kids get rewarded. Not good.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZerkerVirus
 





Young illegal immigrants - many of whom have spent much of their lives attending schools in the United States - will be able to begin emerging from their uncertain status on Aug. 15 when the Obama administration begins letting them apply to stay temporarily.


First off they are not undocumented immigrants. They are not immigrants at all. They are illegal aliens, the important and operating word here is "illegal".

Second they have already been staying here illegally temporarily so why are we going to allow criminals to sign up for a program that says "hey, it's ok to break the law in the United States and we will even let you sign a paper that says so and then you get to use even more of our poor citizens money to fund your criminal enterprise".



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by ZerkerVirus
 


Second they have already been staying here illegally temporarily so why are we going to allow criminals to sign up for a program that says "hey, it's ok to break the law in the United States and we will even let you sign a paper that says so and then you get to use even more of our poor citizens money to fund your criminal enterprise".


Well, this makes me an evil scumbag liberal around here, but from what I understand the law only pertains to those who are under the age of 31 and came before the age of 16. If you were brought here as a child and were raised here then I certainly wouldn't call you a mexican. Some of these people don't even speak Spanish. These are the people who mexico is not going to take as they can't function in their society and really haven't lived there most of their life. I don't think it's wrong to give them an option to become a citizen.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 


So if I committed a murder several years ago and got away with it and never got caught till I was oh say 31 or under then I should go free?

Crime is crime. I don't care how they came over here. Why should we be burdened by their illegal activities. You can sugar coat it all you want but it does not change the fact that they are in this country illegally and anything they do in this country is based on that original illegal activity.

Maybe their parents should have thought about that before they brought their children across the border illegally. You can call me a scumbag, a hate-monger or a near-sighted leftest sack of sh@t for all I care. I was born here and I love my country and I hate to see it being destroyed by our government by allowing this and other crimes to be shoved down our throats while taking away our rights in the process.

If we pardon these illegals then open the prison doors wide and let every other criminal free also.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by antonia
 


So if I committed a murder several years ago and got away with it and never got caught till I was oh say 31 or under then I should go free?


So you are equating being brought over the border by your parents at a young age with murder?


Crime is crime. I don't care how they came over here. Why should we be burdened by their illegal activities. You can sugar coat it all you want but it does not change the fact that they are in this country illegally and anything they do in this country is based on that original illegal activity.



Sugar coating? No, it's reality. Mexico is not going to accept them. So what do you suggest? Go drop an atom bomb on Mexico and force the issue?



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 


I am equating crime with crime. It is not my fault that Mexico does not want it's own citizens. The illegals still need to be deported and then they become Mexico's problem. Mexico either takes care of them or jails them I don't care. The bottom line is that they are illegal and have no right to be here sucking off of America's teat.

At what point is crime ok? We have people locked up in prison for multiple years for only having a small amount of illegal drugs due to the fact that it is their second offense. Is that right? I don't know what the answer is but I do know that illegal aliens are stealing resources that belong to Americans and that our government is going to allow it.

Once again I say, if you are going to let a crime pass then free all criminals. To do otherwise is a sham and a slap in the face of all Americans.

Don't think for one moment that I have no heart. I do care about children. I don't like to see children of any country hungry or homeless or sick. Unfortunately we have plenty of hungry, homeless and sick children here, in our country, that are American citizens that need the support that the illegal aliens are stealing from them.

So in your eyes it is ok to overlook these criminals? What other criminals do you feel should be overlooked? If we allow this to happen then we may as well just forget about borders and throw in the towel because this is no longer America.

Adding:

And dropping a bomb on Mexico is just plain silly. I never mentioned harming Mexicans or the Mexican government in any way. I have no ill will towards Mexico and you should be ashamed for trying to suggest that I, who you don't even know, would advocate harming anyone.
edit on 8/8/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The only reason these kids have been here their whole lives is because their parents came here illegally. They had no respect for our laws and jumped to the head of the line. To allow their children to be awarded special privileges only rewards the bad behavior of the parents and will only encourage more illegals to come and wait for the next amnesty.

What about all the immigrants coming here through the proper channels and their kids? Are you going to tell them, sorry the law-breakers come first? This is neither fair nor right.

These illegal kids will also be given work permits. With millions of unemployed citizens in all facets of the workforce, it is foolish to even consider this. These kids have cost us plenty in tax dollars just for their free schooling alone up until grade 12. They are given in state tuiton in colleges when our own kids can't get that discount. Many kids can't take some of the classes they want because illegals are in those classes and there is limited seatings.

Poor people here can't even afford to move out of their city, never mind leave the country, pay a coyote, pay for stolen identities and fraudulant documents. We always hear about the 'poor' illegals and yet you won't hear about our citizens who are falling through the cracks and have to decide between food and life saving medicine. Many of our citizens make like a buck or two above the poverty limit and are denied any help whatsoever.

Our citizens need jobs to feed their families. We should not be giving them away to foreigners.

If anyone wants to blame the misfortune of these kids, blame it on their parents who knew full well what they would be up against and chose to break the law anyway. Let them pay the consequences like any citizen would have to pay if they broke the law.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by ZerkerVirus
 





Young illegal immigrants - many of whom have spent much of their lives attending schools in the United States - will be able to begin emerging from their uncertain status on Aug. 15 when the Obama administration begins letting them apply to stay temporarily.


First off they are not undocumented immigrants. They are not immigrants at all. They are illegal aliens, the important and operating word here is "illegal".

Second they have already been staying here illegally temporarily so why are we going to allow criminals to sign up for a program that says "hey, it's ok to break the law in the United States and we will even let you sign a paper that says so and then you get to use even more of our poor citizens money to fund your criminal enterprise".


They cater to the illegals by calling them un-documented immigrants so it doesn't hurt their feelings. Perhaps we should call a bank robber 'finacially challenged.'


Undocumented immigrant = illegal. It doesn't change a thing. The illegals demand respect when they blantently disrespect our laws and often our language. They demand respect though they place themselves above the law and other people. I wouldn't dream of going to a foreign country and expect them to cater to me in any way. That would be rude and arrogant.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
$465.00 ??? what kind of "fee" is this ??
LEGAL immigrants can't get in for that little bit of a contribution
how sad for everyone involved.

they ought to be charged a "fee" equal to the benefits they've stolen while here.
welfare, medical, schooling, college, taxes for all the years they've been present ... add it all and pay up or get deported ... but of course, that'd be considered oppressive, wouldn't it?



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by ZerkerVirus
 


Second they have already been staying here illegally temporarily so why are we going to allow criminals to sign up for a program that says "hey, it's ok to break the law in the United States and we will even let you sign a paper that says so and then you get to use even more of our poor citizens money to fund your criminal enterprise".


Well, this makes me an evil scumbag liberal around here, but from what I understand the law only pertains to those who are under the age of 31 and came before the age of 16. If you were brought here as a child and were raised here then I certainly wouldn't call you a mexican. Some of these people don't even speak Spanish. These are the people who mexico is not going to take as they can't function in their society and really haven't lived there most of their life. I don't think it's wrong to give them an option to become a citizen.


It is their parents that made them a stranger in their own country. It is not the fault of any American citizen, yet we have spent billions in tax dollars on these illegals. We have poor people who can't even afford to care for themselves, never mind a foreign who blatantly break ours laws and places themselves to the head of the line and above others. We should not be rewarding the kids of people who disregard our laws. Illegals are a huge problem on so many levels. Americans have had enough.

These kids will be given work permits while millions of people are un-employed. How wise is that?



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by antonia
 

I am equating crime with crime.

A parking ticket, shoplifting and murder are not equal. The law does equate being in the US illegally to a parking ticket and only if the person is deported and returns does it constitute a felony.


At what point is crime ok?

When your elected representatives decide that it is no longer a crime. Sorry but that is the way it works.

edit on 9-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik
 

ummm, pardon me for counting but while "crossing" the border illegally may be a misdemeanor ... assuming a false id, claiming benefits, utilizing a non-existant "residency" to claim everything from electricity to housing ARE consequential crimes not requiring re-entry.
so, just how many midemeanors and felonies are necessary before PROPER action is taken ??



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall
 





Second they have already been staying here illegally temporarily so why are we going to allow criminals to sign up for a program that says "hey, it's ok to break the law in the United States and we will even let you sign a paper that says so and then you get to use even more of our poor citizens money to fund your criminal enterprise".

To answer this question and I'm sure you know the answer, I know my good friend Night Star knows the answer as well.
VOTES,,, Yes, Obama needs Votes and with his Cronies turning a Blind Eye to our borders,,, he's Pandering for the ones that can legally Vote!



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 


Doesn't matter your elected representatives have chosen to either view them as crimes stemming from a single act or just dismissed them altogether.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by Honor93
 


Doesn't matter your elected representatives have chosen to either view them as crimes stemming from a single act or just dismissed them altogether.
it always matters and the represetatives have no control over the "legalities" of the situation or the signature OBAMA placed on the legislation.

contrary to your and his opinion, Obama is not the final say on much these days.
oh yeah, as for those "elected" folk ... well, their ride is about to end too ... hope they have barf bags handy.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 

My opinion doesn't matter but yours doesn't either.

I have seen legislation that has stood despite public outcry.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by Honor93
 

My opinion doesn't matter but yours doesn't either.

I have seen legislation that has stood despite public outcry.
your point ?? i've lived legislation that was wrong, enacted and repealed ... it happens.

surprise, as an American (individual) ... my opinion ALWAYS counts ... maybe not in your circles, but they do in mine.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 

My point is that you don't really have a say. Sure you may have seen laws repealed but you were not the deciding factor. Unless your circle includes the SCOTUS I'd say your opinion is not relevant.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by Honor93
 

My point is that you don't really have a say. Sure you may have seen laws repealed but you were not the deciding factor. Unless your circle includes the SCOTUS I'd say your opinion is not relevant.
then your point is wrong.
why would i need to be the "deciding factor" and what does that have to do with a hill of beans ??
was O'Connor a USSC justice or not ??

obviously your opinion is less relevant than mine or you would be asserting yours in places other than online.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join