It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare -- The Most Ever !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oh so after reading this tiny snippet I am pretty certain this is pure hyperbolic crap. They have not listed what they consider to be welfare. There are only 4 programs considered means tested welfare by the Federal Government this is Snap benefits (food stamps), TANF, SSI and Medicare. Apparently they are also considering certain tax credits welfare as well. I don't think this dog is hunting.
edit on 8-8-2012 by antonia because: argh

edit on 8-8-2012 by antonia because: argh

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Who builds a future for themsevles with the outlook that the worlds ending?

How many sections of society can you name that think the worlds ending?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by xuenchen

Where does government propose to get the money to keep paying these people, and the ones to follow, when the top 1% of tax payers, are chased out of this country. Chased out just like business to other countries, by piled-on regulations by government agencies, such as the EPA. And ever greedy Unions. Every day sees new regulatory commissions put into effect like a vice grip, squeezing more money out of businesses, through fines, and new taxes.

How are all those people, going to be paid all that money, when the money makers and tax payers are gone.

Pathetic I tell you....absolutely pathetic.

Des

Your on the right track. Here's what I see happening, the rich like you say are being chased out like the industry. What's left? The middle class, which will be stuck paying or trying to pay the bill for all those on welfare. If we complain then we'll be made into the bad guys like the rich above us.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Here's your answer...

What does it mean when one in seven people think the end of the world is coming?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

It's the end of the world as we know it - at least for one in seven people worldwide.

A new poll conducted for Reuters shows nearly 15% of people believe the world will end during their lifetime.

And 10% think the end could come as soon as this year - that's based on the end of the 5,100-year-old Mayan calendar that arrives on December 21, 2012.

Pollsters questioned more than 16,000 people in more than 20 countries. It turns out predictions of doom and gloom vary widely depending on where you live.
caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com...

So what. It doesn't change how much taxes I pay...

Des

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Hhmmm, I 'm not convinced of those statistics. Furthermore, if "you know who" did not gut the system,
make it profitable to "Outsource U.S. Manufacturing and Services, and on top of it all create unfunded liabilites
and Then BAIL OUT the Slackers on the way out the door, the charts would not be the dreadful way they are
today.
Need I even discuss the immigration joke or the "laugh your way to the bank"
Capital Gains Joy Ride for the last decade?
Hello, Are You Feeling O.K.?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
isnt there only 370 million people(on record) in this country how is that even possible, no i mean really how the hell is that possible

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
isnt there only 370 million people(on record) in this country how is that even possible, no i mean really how the hell is that possible

More like 313 million (official census)

Welcome to Americka.

The Abomanation.

107 / 313 = 34.1%

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
wow, just wow, well i guess we get what we deserve when you let industries leave and try to make America a corporation of middleman (middle persons) saw this coming when i was 14/15 yrs of age i remember all the controversy all the adults were screaming about letting corporations have manufacturing out of the country to help reduce their costs,and all the pacts and what not being formed,
so, sweet how we going to find work for a quarter of our country when there isn't a damn place to work accept mcD and the likes i wonder how much manufacturing jobs are really out there(in other countries with US corps.), cant we just pass a law and say if you want to sell here you need to produce here and problem solved,or if you have manufacturing jobs over seas , that company has to pay into the welfare fund as compensation for sending work over seas? i see no reason why they should be making hundreds of million to billions and have the protection of our bombs when a quarter of our country is on someone else paycheck, i don't mind welfare at all,everyone will have a bad run of luck at some point in life, but i also don't think it should extend beyond 6 months and cant be put back on for 5 year min.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

More like 313 million (official census)

Welcome to Americka.

The Abomanation.

107 / 313 = 34.1%

Just one correction.

It's not Abomanation.

it's Obamanation.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Just one more example that something in this isn't working. So, pretty much, we cut off the social safety nets and we turn into a third world country. I mean, think about how much that stuff helps contribute to the economy if there's that many people on it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i dont have any credit cards, my cars payed off, my house is payed off, my loan is payed off i sure hope your pipe dream comes true not all of us are slaves i would love to stop working but i have mouths to feed if all your saying happens i can stop work & go fishing
yeeha
the trick live with what i need, not what i want.... some of use got out of the chains gave up some plastic ,and now just wateing for the giant to eat all the golden eggs untill they run out... in the wild life reserves theres a sign posted ????please do not feed the animals they will become dependent.......lol

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Exon mobile made 16 billion in profit last year, they paid zero in taxes and got several hundred million in a return.

Also GE...... in 2010 made a profit of $14.2 billion but paid zero in taxes. And also received a few million in return.

Do they realize if these corporations paid their fair share of taxes, that it would help towards the deficit?

In 1975 there were about 11 companies that didn't pay taxes. Now the number has tripled or more from 2008 to 2010.

it's nothing more than the giant revolving door scheme. you have big wealth who buys government who protects big wealth. i'm unsure how to change it or if it needs to be changed verses just letting it kill itself, but i do know it wont get better until something gives.

ask loyd blankfein or jamie dimon how things work. they have been behind the legislation to make protesting sites possible, now our 1st amendment has been raped by these people and soon it will be the 2nd and 3rd going with it, until something breaks and break it will.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Big surprise, whatever job anybody does, employers feel minimum wage is just right and you should be happy to get even that.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Scare tactics....
Let's do some thinking here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Let's break down the numbers.

As of 2012, the United States has a total resident population of 314,120,000

And here is the population age numbers.

Age structure

0-14 years: 20.2% (male 31,639,127/female 30,305,704) 61,944,831
15–64 years: 67% (male 102,665,043/female 103,129,321) 205,794,364
65 years and over: 12.8% (male 16,901,232/female 22,571,696) (2010 est.) 39,472,928

So now the question is. Where do the numbers fall?
Does the aid fall heavy in the child category or over 65 category?
Is it in the 16-64 y/o category?

Sure they can say 1/3 of the population. But clearly that 1/3 can be our young and old.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

End trickle down economics. It does not work. They are not hiring more workers just putting the extra money in over seas bank accounts.

Any form of trickle down or free enterprise economics hasn't been used in America in at least 8 years. The govt bailing out banks and car manufacturers and green energy companies goes against the natural flow and has negative side effects. In Bush's first 4 years after his tax cuts the economy grew for over 50 straight months. Since then everything has been abandoned and the govt has been handing out checks to banks/big business.
edit on 9-8-2012 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Its shameful that this is happening. We are the land of plenty.. so plentiful that we give away tons and tons of food and billions and billions in aid to others.. even those that hate us.. and we let our own starve. I have to say if this is a plan.. it will fail in making slaves. Its going to make a multitude of pissed off folks.

I volunteer at our local shelter on rotation. Im telling you, its nothing to see folks who used to donate coming in now. Food stamps dont pay crap and food prices are ridiculous. They run out and HAVE to visit the pantry. It makes me angry. Our pantry is holding on by a thread.. we are many times completely empty and have to turn the hungry away. Charities are totally strapped.. no energy assistance and no free air conditioners. Our elderly poor are dropping and come in just to stay cool. Makes me sick.
Star for you, my friend. You actually get what's going on.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The plan here is to write checks so large that it cannot be paid off, to weaken education to the point that America does not produce new competitors, for foreign nations to continue taking over the market, and then drop America off as the world reserve currency.

The next phase is economic collapse with people not being able to make payments on the debt and the nation being unable to write a blank check to provide services to hundreds of millions. Economic collapse leads to riots. A night of a thousand knives will repeat as prominent anti-statists will be murdered by the thousands. Riots will then lead to a military state which leads to the collapse of the Republic and the formation of a new government - one that is a liberal panacea of human rights abuse.

Millions dead and then will rise the new state. "Freedom" and "liberty" will become a curse words - tied to the cause of the economic collapse. Anyone asserting that it was the federal reserve and the abuses of the federal government will be kidnapped and never seen again.

Everyone will have their sentiment of the state monitored for compliance. Anyone challenging the new order will be killed as an enemy of the state. Good will be evil, right will be wrong.

This is why Obamney is so dangerous. Yes, Romney has no intention of lowering the deficit. Romney works for the same people Obama works for.
edit on 8/9/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good post. S&F for you. In addition to the welfare, half of them die broke with less than 10K in assets.

ATS_Link

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I've noticed the actual study hasn't been posted. Methinks the GOP senators aren't going to show us how they got their numbers.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So why aren't these so called job creators getting arrested for fraud? They have been getting tax breaks to create jobs and they aren't holding up their end of the bargain. Time to start locking these thieves up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join