It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare -- The Most Ever !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It looks like around 107 million people are receiving some form of Federal welfare !!

AND, that don't include Social Security or Medicare !!

1/3 of the U.S. population !!
(The figures include citizens and non-citizens)

Is this what YOU Really want for this country ??

It looks like Obama and the Democrats do....

The Weekly Standard -- Aug 8, 2012

A new chart set to be released later today by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee details a startling statistic: "Over 100 Million People in U.S. Now Receiving Some Form Of Federal Welfare."

"The federal government administers nearly 80 different overlapping federal means-tested welfare programs," the Senate Budget Committee notes. However, the committee states, the figures used in the chart do not include those who are only benefiting from Social Security and/or Medicare.

Food stamps and Medicaid make up a large--and growing--chunk of the more than 100 million recipients. "Among the major means tested welfare programs, since 2000 Medicaid has increased from 34 million people to 54 million in 2011 and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamps) from 17 million to 45 million in 2011," says the Senate Budget Committee. "Spending on food stamps alone is projected to reach $800 billion over the next decade."

(source article)
What Now?

How can we keep up the payments on this ??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

End trickle down economics. It does not work. They are not hiring more workers just putting the extra money in over seas bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
wait--isnt Social Security Insurance and Unemployment Insurance..........

INSURANCE?

need to check the label again....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Where does government propose to get the money to keep paying these people, and the ones to follow, when the top 1% of tax payers, are chased out of this country. Chased out just like business to other countries, by piled-on regulations by government agencies, such as the EPA. And ever greedy Unions. Every day sees new regulatory commissions put into effect like a vice grip, squeezing more money out of businesses, through fines, and new taxes.

How are all those people, going to be paid all that money, when the money makers and tax payers are gone.

Pathetic I tell you....absolutely pathetic.

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
yep--keep in mind, the USDA pushes its SNAP program to both people and businesses--where I live food stamps pay 15% of income to food farms and markets...this has become our depressions bread-line.

Almost every local civic department gets funding in the form of grants, bonds--less property owners pay less tax--so if the Cities want to keep the "7% economic growth" the economy usually has (its fixed) they BORROW MAKING MORE DEBT.

Cops like new squad cars and riot gear--y know locals dont want to pay for that!

How about Corporate Welfare--thats a big black hole...

How about Tenure? Do you think most Professors deserve it? I dont.

If you keep looking--and digging--its A LOT worse that the obvious "welfare"

A LOT of the economy is built on crisis-dependance--busy work--beuracracy--red tape.

I stopped looking at welfare because everyone and every business in my area is on it.

and its really tragic.
edit on 8-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Where does government propose to get the money to keep paying these people, and the ones to follow, when the top 1% of tax payers, are chased out of this country. Chased out just like business to other countries, by piled-on regulations by government agencies, such as the EPA. And ever greedy Unions. Every day sees new regulatory commissions put into effect like a vice grip, squeezing more money out of businesses, through fines, and new taxes.

How are all those people, going to be paid all that money, when the money makers and tax payers are gone.

Des

well see--they arent going to pay. The planned crash is similar to Romes decline and its looking like Bolshevik Russia more every day. The commies chase the intellectuals and the movers and shakers out--the people s welfare checks stop coming and they suffer--young and old--grain rots in the field because the means to produce have rusted away--(or been hauled off to the Gulag)

its happened multiple times in history.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The federal government loves the poor. This is why they keep making so many of them.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
The federal government loves the poor. This is why they keep making so many of them.

Ya--its called The Plan--it actually has a name--urbanites in the Ghettos know of it well.

The Govt ALLOWS the neighborhood get so bad with crime and poverty, that the people leave--or are chased out--
the cost of the land is cheap now and not in demand--and then you can sell of the land and property to developers.

This is whats happening in the US. its "The Plan" on a national scale.

Except they want to save the Natural Renewable Resources like timber and water for their Global Economy.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

And I guess that happened to Rome to? It was not the military all over the world? And how about all that nation building on the tax payers dime? And if you think that has all stopped its because youe not looking for it. Your just listening to what the news is telling you to listen to. The 2nd Marshall Plan Bush started is what is draining our country. All in the name of War on Terror. Or should I call that the Global Marshall Plan. And it is strange how they even predicted that it would hurt the richest countries the most as the money was taken from them and given to the poorer countries.
edit on 8-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
How can we keep up the payments on this ??

Tax the rich been working out so well so far

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
It looks like around 107 million people are receiving some form of Federal welfare !!

AND, that don't include Social Security or Medicare !!

1/3 of the U.S. population !!
(The figures include citizens and non-citizens)

Is this what YOU Really want for this country ??

It looks like Obama and the Democrats do....

The Weekly Standard -- Aug 8, 2012

A new chart set to be released later today by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee details a startling statistic: "Over 100 Million People in U.S. Now Receiving Some Form Of Federal Welfare."

I live in Arizona, and it seems that millions here receive those benefits, and most of them are illegal. People who are citizens are entitled to them. Plain and simple, illegals come here to live the good life off of benefits like this.

Tax paying citizens should be OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

yes, all that takes money from the Federal Govt to pay for--supossedly taxes-the Military is all about SNAP and UI and so on and so forth. this is the same thing as Rome!

you want to put a name on it go ahead--sounds like your on to something. Maybe re read where i mentioned the costs of welfare when everyone is hell bent on growing exponentially--

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The wheels allways turn slow but people do get caught and punished.

articles.cnn.com...:JUSTICE

A Michigan woman who won a million-dollar lottery but continued to receive welfare benefits is now charged with fraud, the attorney general said Tuesday.

Amanda Clayton, 25, collected thousands of dollars in state assistance for months after she won $1 million in the 'Make Me Rich" game sponsored by the Michigan lottery, a statement from state officials said.

"It's simply common sense that million-dollar lottery winners forfeit their right to public assistance," said Attorney General Bill Schuette.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

i'm not sure what corporations you are referring to, but the largest 16 in the US not only didn't pay any taxes, they received hefty returns. there may be a plethora of regulations and taxes, but that doesn't mean there isn't a plethora of tax loop holes being given as well.

Exon mobile made 16 billion in profit last year, they paid zero in taxes and got several hundred million in a return.

the richest people in the world are getting much richer by the day and the middle class is becoming extinct, i'm fairly certain it isn't because they are over paying for anything, including taxes.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hey don't let facts get in the way of dogma which is the norm around where

All in the name of War on Terror.

All in the name of the welfare complex

All in the name of I want my free crap

In FY 2013, mandatory spending is budgeted at 60% of total Federal spending, and 2 1/2 times as much as the military budget. The mandatory budget is estimated to be $2.293 trillion, a new record. The mandatory budget was $2.252 trillion in FY 2012 and $2.073 trillion in FY 2011.

useconomy.about.com...

Considering that entitlement spending is 2 and half times greater than spending on the "War on terror" seems to be disinformation floating around here but hey who cares about what the facts say.

Here is some more facts www.usdebtclock.org... that shows more has been spent on social engineering than the last decade of war.

Least people got Gps and the internet and nighttime driving systems and a whole bunch of other tech they use everyday.

What has social engineering ever produced except hey we blew 2 trillion dollars gonna raise some taxes and rinse and repeat.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What concerns me most is what happens when the money dries up???

Any one realize the extent of riots and chaos that this would cause nation wide if something were to happen to cause the hand outs to cease???

I believe in helping people to a point.....

But I don't believe in taking care of people who take advantage of the gov. programs. They're the ones who refuse to help themselves because they can get money for free....tax payers money.
My money. Your money.

And it takes every thing we got to live on......with NO help.

The government has created this Monster, and some how, they need to put a leash on it.
It has gotten way out of hand. It's ridiculous!!!

How can they say the economy is doing better when 1/3 of the population is receiving some form of hand out???
Over 100 million people? Unbelievable.......

Tax payers money hard at work ~~~

edit on 8-8-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

But, why JP...why. All I can see it leading to is Soylent Green.....

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And that it juuust the way Obumer wants it. He wants people to be afraid not to vote for him, because someone else may take away their free ride. They may have to, GASP!!, get a job and actually work for a living.
I understand needing a helping hand, but I detest generations of welfare families because it's easier to get welfare than work.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No disinformation here. The cost on the War on terror is untold. Because it effects everything. From your local banks who now have to track bank information incase a terrorist gets money. To your local law enforcement buying tanks. Also all your local law enforcement have to go get terror training in order to meet standards set by DHS. Hell even George Zimmerman was getting rich off his job track morgage fraud and money laundrying threw Digital Risk, LLC. They pay ten thousand dollars just to train each employee for there government job. The cost of the War on Terror is much higher than what they tell anybody. And its spread out every where.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Look at the bottom of this page the red numbers and say "unfunded liablities" which basically means the money promised that can never be paid for.

What cost's more?
www.usdebtclock.org...

The the fact that the US government is the largest single healthcare provider in the world which destroys jobs and wealth creation.

The same thing with SS.

The same thing with welfare

The same thing when the government took over student loans that now account for over 1 trillion in debt to now where the government is garnishing SS benefits to pay for those who aren't paying.

The same thing when the government created fanny and freddy that have over 5 trillion of assets and continually get bailed out government owned mortgages.

The cost of the war on terror is pocket change compared to the wealth destruction of social engineering,.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join