It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Arrested For Sexual Misconduct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just to make the record clear, I do realize that there are police officers in this country who are not fit for the job. Here is one example: And no, it's NOT a You Tube video.

www.abc15.com...

What makes it even worse is this:

"Wilson was a community relations officer who worked as a liaison to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community."

He put himself in a position of trust for people who needed help in this regard. He took that trust and used it for his own sexual gains. To me, he's no better than a pedophile priest. And everything I've said in previous posts regarding how we should "legally process" people like this, still stands here.

The fact that he's a police officer holds no bearing for me. When he puts on civilian clothes he's a person just like everyone on this board and should be held to the same standards. Because let's face it. Police officers aren't the only people who volunteer their time for causes like this. When you get right down to it, a police officer didn't do this to young boys. A pervert did.

I think all I'm going to do this time is monitor the thread from time to time. I need to take a break form discussions like this because they get me too riled up and I might end up saying something I shouldn't. My position on this should be perfectly clear. The job of an officer is not one an ordinary citizen is qualified to judge. This thread has nothing to do with whether a police officer stepped out of his bounds of legal jurisprudence in regards to how he treats an adult, because the evidence against him in this case is perfectly clear.

From the article: Wilson admitted to the relationships and resigned, police said.

Good. And I'm sure prison justice will be coming his way as well. You don't do this sort of thing to children, I don't care who you are. This thread is for those of you who may be on the fence on the topics of police behavior and how citizens should respond to them. We do pay their salaries after all.

Oh, and just to add more "flavor" to this bitches brew........he's gay.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The fact that he's a police officer holds no bearing for me. When he puts on civilian clothes he's a person just like everyone on this board and should be held to the same standards. Because let's face it. Police officers aren't the only people who volunteer their time for causes like this. When you get right down to it, a police officer didn't do this to young boys. A pervert did.

Should be held to even higher standards when in uniform also, and yes he was a police officer (albeit off-duty) when he did it, being a 'pillar of the community'.

The take-away from this is trust, respect and reputation are damn hard to earn, but damn easy to lose.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yes I believe if someone thinks they should be a cop, they should be held to even higher standards than a nornal everyday person.
If someone who does this fails, I also beleive they should pay an even bigger price for their crime or crimes and not just get a slap on the wrist and fired.

I mean how long has this be going on, not just sex crimes but crimes by crooked cops, they need to pay more than Joe citizen for their crimes.

The stupid crooks , don't know the smart crooks are cops and work both sides.

I also heard of a fictional case being build against a bunch of fictional cops, that is going down it's so bad the good cops have to hide. This is as bad as the banksters ripoffs going down.
Reminds me of when they busted a town out west, from the Mayor dwon, up, inside out the cops al were crooks working with the drug runners and hookers. God ole USofA.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The job of an officer is not one an ordinary citizen is qualified to judge.

cops are not above public criticism

they are citizens first and by that logic they no longer are qualified to judge us, since they no longer are like us by that very same logic...

they are people....sorry I can judge them all I want because I am a person too...

if they cant act like the myth of super ethics personified by hard work that is somehow mystical and so damn complicated then they cant use that to side track public sentiment as irrelevant..

they are UNDER the same law as us....they should know it as well...

domestic terrorist empowered to act in criminal mindsets. They justify their organized crime by the perceived good they do....like the mob saying they create jobs and wealth for their communities..

The FBI should investigate itself and all law enforcement for elements of organized crime and terrorism on US citizens.

edit on 8-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I wonder. Consider two stories, "Priest Caught Molesting Boys," and "Gay Cop Caught Molesting Boys." Which will get the attention on ATS? Where will the more vehement hatred and insults flow? Just wondering.

top topics

join