It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need new rules or Guidelines for new members!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OK, So I've been involved in discussion on the "Dreaded" Mitchell Coombes Twin Twin EQ Tsunami thread and All I have to say is WOW!!!
Between post's 40 odd pages in saying He's a psychic to newly joined members Posting photochopped warnings.

I believe there needs to be some added rules such as, New Members can not post in Prediction threads until they have say 50 posts. This could also be used on other Threads also.

Not sure if it's done already but it would be nice to match IP's aswell to remove the doubt over users having multiple accounts which has been evident in the above topic.

Maybe thing like this could have that thread down to 20 pages as opposed to the 40 odd page monster it is now...

And No, I'm not going to continue my rivalry on this thread with other certain Members. That will be left for the Battlefield which is the Prediction Forum......

Play Nice Kiddies...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are rules here?
How come there was never a thread on rules?
Do the rules apply to only me, only you, only a few, or everybody?
This rules thing has gotta go.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Nite_wing because: I forgot about the rules.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

Originally posted by Wewillrise77
Not sure if it's done already but it would be nice to match IP's aswell to remove the doubt over users having multiple accounts which has been evident in the above topic.

There are ways around that. Not that I don't agree, I'm 100% certain it happens here. It is really annoying and really obvious at some times.

The post limit solution won't work either, it will just make people really really annoying till they hit their required quota.

Is there a way to ignore certain users? I've never looked into it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I agree. Even though I typically avoid the predictions forum, the original post was kind of interesting until it turned all... ugh.

extra line. just in case.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ok, I looked into the ignore thing. ATS use to have it but it was removed.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i think banning personel predictions would be a good thing.

or rename the dreams&prediction forum to BS & BLX
edit on 8-8-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Are you talking about this one? "Mitchell Coombes warns of 9.3 in Tokyo which will destroy Wako clock tower,"

It's gone 30 pages with 117 flags.

I don't think I've ever gone into that forum. I'm glad. That's nuts. What are you doing in that thread? What is anyone doing in that thread? How did it get even one flag? I'm at a loss for words.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I think you misunderstood me, The post limit would be that you have to have say 50 post's in general forums BEFORE you can post in a reply in say a Prediction or 9/11, etc thread... I believe that would help kerb the multiple account business as well!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Perhaps your reaction to this thread is just FEAR!

The thread just seems like any other here on ATS.

P

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Maybe that's a tactic to derail the thread??? Just saying...
It sucks because it was interesting...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I think you misunderstood me, this is my third post in a general thread. Would you like to go back and forth 47 more times before I can predict something catastrophic will happen in the Earth's future?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Are you talking about this one? "Mitchell Coombes warns of 9.3 in Tokyo which will destroy Wako clock tower,"

It's gone 30 pages with 117 flags.

I don't think I've ever gone into that forum. I'm glad. That's nuts. What are you doing in that thread? What is anyone doing in that thread? How did it get even one flag? I'm at a loss for words.

Wrong thread but while you're on the subject.....
Well, you've opened a can of worms here.... I was one of the people who had Him as a friend on Facebook well before the Japan Tsunami and I entered into the new discussion to add my thought's on it. I added Him because I follow NRL, "I barrack for the Eels" and he was on this whole thing about the NRL being rigged. I saw the post about the 104hr countdown for Japan and thought it was BS.
Well, he proved me wrong.... So I've been watching Him with interest ever since....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If you dont like a thread then dont read it, no need for a load of silly rules.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Do you see how annoying and redundant this is becoming?

That's 4!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Perhaps your reaction to this thread is just FEAR!

The thread just seems like any other here on ATS.

P

No Fear here, Just curiosity with a side of Cautiousness..

I'm prepared to deal with whatever comes my way.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I hope you understand I'm just playin with ya bud. I completely agree with everything in your OP. Especially the part about threads being 40 pages long with the same questions being asked over and over and the same answers being given over and over because nobody wants to read a 40 page thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
If you dont like a thread then dont read it, no need for a load of silly rules.

Don't get me wrong I liked the thread, however it's since been railroaded....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
how is ats to attract new members to view the advertisements if so many new rules are put on new members. i almost didnt stay because i couldnt make a thread for something like 200 posts. unrealistic rules just run people off. advertisers dont like that.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We already have rules.. they are called the TOS.. you know, the things you agree to before you can activate your account. I can tell no one here read them.
Anyway, there are several sections I dont even read, much less try to have a discussion in. One of them is predictions, the other 2 are the aliens/UFO and 9/11. YIKES! Unless I am emailed or PM by someone to go to a thread and check it out.. I avoid those sections like the plague.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
hi there everybody! i guess i am one of those people who are under 50 posts.
i will say that when i see a subject that i find interesting, it is very entertaining, to read through 10 to 20+ pages, just to see the ensueing battles that some choose to do.

it is alot to go through tho, and does get very redundant. i would like to think that i may post on any subject, that may catch my eye, (such as this one), after of course my manditory posts i have to achieve first, so i may in some way, contribute to the discussion. thanks for letting me put in my two cents!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join