It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda, Our Ally in Syria??!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just did a bit of snooping around.

Usually when I read stuff on the more inflammatory websites i tend to treat with measured amount of doubt. Evidence for me is paramount.

That is why when I read this, i realised it was one of the top indicators of the real story of what is happening in the world today. Forget the MSM. This is the real deal. Not sure if this has been posted yet but anyway.

On the Council of Foreign Relations website, they speak of the

"The influx of jihadis (Al-Qaeda) brings discipline, religious fervor, battle experience from Iraq, funding from Sunni sympathizers in the Gulf (saudi arabia), and most importantly, deadly results. In short, the FSA needs al-Qaeda now."

"The group's strength (Al-Qaeda) and acceptance by the FSA are demonstrated by their increasing activity on the ground (BBC)--from seven attacks in March to sixty-six "operations" in June."
www.cfr.org...

Then I read this:

"Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorising US support for Syrian rebels seeking to overthrow the Assad government, sources familiar with the matter have told Reuters.

Obama's order, approved earlier this year and known as an intelligence finding broadly permits the CIA and other US agencies to provide support that could help the rebels oust President Bashar al-Assad."

www.guardian.co.uk...

This is sick!

In one day al-Qaeda were blamed for 215 people were killed by al-Qaeda in one district of Baghdad alone!
en.wikipedia.org...

This is evidence of the type that sheeple will potentially believe.

Are they serious??!?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
See how it was a creation of the CIA this really should come as no surprise. The whole 9/11 false flag was just an excuse to get America into an endless war.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

I've said it all along.

This thread will die from over-truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
somebody is trying to polish his rotten face in front of the new revolutions , just to make himself good looking , and of course to get some credit for what ever is happening over there

BTW do you all believe that AL Qaeda still exist ? i mean seriously

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If the USA is supporting al-Qaeda, then that is more evidence that the US orchestrated 911 as al-Qaeda was involved in 911. It is all making sense now.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
they aided the forces in Libya as well and we gave them the country in exchange for their help, i thought everyone knew that.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Same way Americans did in Afghan during Russian Invasion.....They support Osama and they get the payback from Osama

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sometime in the not too distant future, those crazies and fundies we are using to overthrow sovereign states will themselves be held up as the new enemy we must all fear.
It's a perpetual cycle of war that benefits nobody except the politicians (and their stock portfolios), the military industrial machine and the bankers. The cost in human life, death and destruction means nothing to them and is, in fact, another business opportunity and revenue stream when the rebuilding contracts get handed out after the dust has settled...... before we go in to bomb it all again! Heaven forbid peace breaking out!

Those responsible are thus setting up future enemies and wars purely for profit. It also shows, as if many of us didn't know already, that the whole Al Qaida bogeyman situation is simply more manufactured BS, there to be waved about by the media and politicians to try and get the people to support the wars and cough up the tax money to pay for it all, and the interest on the debt to the bankers who provide the funding.
Sure, they'll welcome back the "heroes" for a photo-op, whether dead or alive (but maimed for life physically or mentally) and hand out the medals, those worthless metal trinkets for a job well done.The sheeple will wave their little flags and get stuck with the bill to support thosed maimed for the rest of their lives and thank them for their sacrifice.... while the politicians get back to business looking at where the next war will be.

I'd be willing to bet, most of the fundie footsoldiers currently used as tools by the CIA and others don't even know who is ultimately funding and arming them. But they probably don't care as long as they get to murder a few unbelievers, that their leaders tell them will help get them to the promised land.

Bit of a rant but it's a f****d up world. There isn't really a "nice" way of putting it without getting angry.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

this is what presstv tells it 24 hours a day !
www.presstv.ir...
www.presstv.ir...
www.presstv.ir...

look at this !
www.ctc.usma.edu...

the radicals (those are responsible of suicide bombings) are going to Jihad against unbeleivers in Syria !

edit on 9-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I feel like people need to be told.

"The American government is now funding the very people who killed 3000 people on 09/11/2001 and many thousands since across the globe al-Qaeda. They are doing this openly with the main aim of overthrowing al-Assad's Syria.

I am sure that you, as I, would not want to be represented by a government who would even consider working in tandem with a terrorist group capable of such barbaric atrocities.

Its time we created a viable alternative."

I mean seriously, the fact that they can openly do this is unbelievable!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I hope Hillary made US a good deal.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

That is the thing. This thread is true. It is not a conspiracy.

The American government is funding a terrorist organisation.

We are ruled by a bunch of murdering criminals who see no value in human life and are prepared to do anything to achieve their goals.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
S&F for such an interesting find OP

I find it interesting on ATS how people appear to think of Libya and Syria of being the same, yes I will admit there are similarities but the two are not the same. So what does this have to do with Al-Qa’ida.

In Libya at most there were a couple of hundred fighters who were either Al-Qa’ida or associated with Al-Qa’ida and in the grand scheme of things this was not a significant number to cause any real concern. In Syria their involvement is substantial but one has to think about this logically.

Al-Qa’ida’s goal has always been to root out corruption in Islamic state and remove western influence form these states. As such the removal of the secular Assad regime fits in rather well with their agenda and one should not be surprised by this news. However what we are seeing is not “Core Al-Qa’ida”, that is to say Bin Laden’s original organisation but rather Al-Qa’ida in Iraq who it seems has been enjoying something of a resurgence in recent months. This organisation is now largly independent of core Al-Qa’ida as that organisation no longer exists.

The west has to tread very carefully, it is clear that the Assad regime is doomed and that eventually they will succumb to the rebels and the west have to worry about Chemical weapons falling into the hands of Al-Qa’ida elements and being used against western interests. Many members of Al-Qa’ida in Iraq have simple moved across the border and it would be a disaster if they were to acquire these weapons. As such by the west assisting the rebels they may only be doing so to ensure that they (the west, America) are able to secure the weapons and possibly even convince the rebels to destroy them.

It is a very dangerous game, I would be surprised if western intervention in Syria was to reach the same levels that it did in Libya I think that it will eventually level off before a no-fly zone is enforced for example.

There is no doubt that Al-Qa’ida are in Syria but I would not go as far as to say America is assisting them, I think America is assisting the rebel fractions because America knows that Assad is doomed and want to prevent the same situation we have in Yemen just now with Al-Qa’ida looking like a serious contender for control over the failed state. I think if one were to look at the small print the west is being very careful about who it supports, I think that the west will attempt to install a proxy friendly to the west for the rebel fractions but not a fraction with a substantial Al-Qa’ida following and probably also a rebel fraction that will either destroy or allow America to protect the chemical weapons stalk pile.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think the point the OP is trying to make here, is that a decent amount of evidence suggests that the FSA, consisting largely of people who are not native to Syria (nor were they native to Lybia) are not simply adjacent to "al alqaeda", rather they are "al qaeda".

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

In that case I would disagree,

To me it seems that almost 18 months ago when this all started it started because of a Syrian nationalist movement not a Al-Qa’ida Islamic movement further to this I do not for a minute believe that Al-Qa’ida are a majority force in Syria.

Current estimates are that the FSA is 40,000 strong and their leader is a former Cornell in the Syrian air force, many of them are former Syrian military personal who defected and civilian volunteers. Al-Qa’ids a small minority of their membership most of them are Syrian nationals.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I would agree 100%. I think we all have suspicions that Al-Qaeda are a tool of the west used to destabilise and act as a focal point for the world to fear.

This situation differs to 9/11 because we actually have tangible evidence that is widely distributed.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I think we are getting confused here.

What i am saying is that we finally have evidence that the powers that be are working with known terrorists to overthrow governments.

The subjective makeup of the Syrian insurgency is not really a factor.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

No you don’t, what you have is evidence that Al-Qa’ida in Iraq (not the guys responsible for 9/11) are operating in Syria.

They probably make up a very small minority of the FSA, they might not even be regarded as FSA and like I say I would imagine that if you read the small print you would find that the west is being very careful about who it is supporting.

I still have to thank you for the find, even though I totally disagree with your analysis.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
I just did a bit of snooping around.

Usually when I read stuff on the more inflammatory websites i tend to treat with measured amount of doubt. Evidence for me is paramount.

That is why when I read this, i realised it was one of the top indicators of the real story of what is happening in the world today. Forget the MSM. This is the real deal. Not sure if this has been posted yet but anyway.

On the Council of Foreign Relations website, they speak of the

"The influx of jihadis (Al-Qaeda) brings discipline, religious fervor, battle experience from Iraq, funding from Sunni sympathizers in the Gulf (saudi arabia), and most importantly, deadly results. In short, the FSA needs al-Qaeda now."

"The group's strength (Al-Qaeda) and acceptance by the FSA are demonstrated by their increasing activity on the ground (BBC)--from seven attacks in March to sixty-six "operations" in June."
www.cfr.org...

Then I read this:

"Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorising US support for Syrian rebels seeking to overthrow the Assad government, sources familiar with the matter have told Reuters.

Obama's order, approved earlier this year and known as an intelligence finding broadly permits the CIA and other US agencies to provide support that could help the rebels oust President Bashar al-Assad."

www.guardian.co.uk...

This is sick!

In one day al-Qaeda were blamed for 215 people were killed by al-Qaeda in one district of Baghdad alone!
en.wikipedia.org...

This is evidence of the type that sheeple will potentially believe.

Are they serious??!?

Al-Qaeda isn't necessarily our ally in Syria. The problem is that Islamists, many AQ linked, are joining a number of the FSA's battalions. The U.S. govt. is to my knowledge, trying to funnel weapons to the secular branches of the FSA. It would be a major problem if some of those weapons end up in AQ's hands though.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

al-Qaeda ( /ælˈkaɪdə/ al-ky-də; Arabic: القاعدة‎ al-qāʿidah, Arabic: [ælqɑːʕɪdɐ], translation: "The Base" and alternatively spelled al-Qaida and sometimes al-Qa'ida) is a global militant Islamist organization founded by Osama bin Laden at some point between August 1988[16] and late 1989,[17] with its origins being traceable to the Soviet War in Afghanistan.[18] It operates as a network comprising both a multinational, stateless army[19] and a radical Sunni Muslim movement calling for global Jihad and a strict interpretation of sharia law. It has been designated as a terrorist organization by the United Nations Security Council, NATO, the European Union, the United Kingdom, the United States, and various other countries (see below). Al-Qaeda has carried out several attacks on Christian churches,[20] and other targets it considers kafir.[21] Al-Qaeda has attacked civilian and military targets in various countries. For example, it carried out the September 11 attacks

en.wikipedia.org...

al-Qaeda and al-Qa'ida are one in the same.you can read the story on wikipedia

top topics

<<   2 >>

join