It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and The Occult/Esoteric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is my first thread, please bear with me everyone.

As I usually do my runabouts browsing the forum for something intriguing or interesting to come across. I noticed that a number of people on this site, happen to believe in the esoteric/occult side of things. Being a person who practices and studies the esoteric/occult texts and teachings, it is very interesting to see. This is why I have come to the realization of something of the nature of mind.

Notice that anything of the conspiracy or occult, has a hidden nature to it. That only those who seek the knowledge to discover such things, will be able to see it clearly. This truth may be reconsidered with a quote from The Kybalion ""The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding." That is to me, is ultimately saying that someone who seeks to understand the hidden nature of things, will soon begin to understand it. Only then will the truth come forth if you are open to it.

Since we are all people, who browse around these forums. Looking for answers, truth, and validity, we often come across things of occult/esoteric nature. Remember that the nature of conspiracy is also 'hidden' like the nature of the occult/esoteric. My conclusion would be that the nature of our search into knowing what is unknown. Ultimately leads us to look upon and study the esoteric/occult texts. Even if it's not in this lifetime, I see it as a sign that it'll be soon in lifetimes to come.

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
LOVE>fear

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6

What are your thoughts on this?
Everyone eventually wakes up. That is the mystical experience and the expanded consciousness. Recognizing that all life is an illusionary game, a play, ballet on the cosmic stage, and that we are all the godhead playing a game of hide and seek with ourselves. That is the point of the shaman, the mystic: to find out who we are, because part of the illusion is a world of people telling you who you are. So the hidden things are there for those who realize that things are more than what they seem, otherwise it wouldn't be hidden. That is the point of the occult, the esoteric, and why people condemn such things: because they're too busy sleeping! Most people don't like being woken up when they're dreaming or just can't fathom that they are dreaming because it feels so real. But some people just wake up earlier than others, or from a different perspective, some people wake up later. This is not the only purpose of life, or the main goal of it rather, but it is the eventual outcome of the game.

The journey is the thing we have the most fun with, not merely the start of it, and not merely the end of it, but it itself. So the occultists and to esoterics and so on are all those trying to find what IT is, eventually to realize that what IT is, is them. It's a journey of self-discovery. What you find is that you've been wearing a mask all along, playing the part of the mystic, the occultist, and so on, so then you remove the mask and realize you're divine after all - you are everything.

Those are some of my thoughts on the matter. But don't take my word for it, or anyone's word for it: continue to go out and find it yourself. Find your satori.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SparkOfSparks6

I have studied esoteric mysticism for the last 6 years, along with the vast majority of conspiracies. While reading this website has broadened my knowledge of this "world", it has also shown me the error of my ways.

I agree with this quote for the most part.

""The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding."

It implies one must truly understand something to claim to have wisdom of it.

Well...no duh...

But I disagree with your statement...

That is to me, is ultimately saying that someone who seeks to understand the hidden nature of things, will soon begin to understand it.

What hidden nature? If one struggles to find something that does not exist where does that lead them?

I once believed that hidden forces were at work to manipulate the world and reality, however as my understanding of the subject grew I came to understand the lack of substance which backed that claim up.

By using critical thinking and the schools of logic we have made a method for determining what is "true", and that that truth is not subjective.

One must suspend critical thinking to entertain the fringe beliefs and nonsense conspiracy theories of this world. Hell the phrase "conspiracy theory" has been so overused and muddled by the shenanigans of paranoid alarmists that the actual term "conspiracy" is laughed at.

Remember that the nature of conspiracy is also 'hidden' like the nature of the occult/esoteric

I disagree, occult and esoteric teachings seek to understand the unknowable or the nature of god; while conspiracies exist when an individual or party wants to subvert the law. They are two completely different things.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SparkOfSparks6

If you were to unearth a splendid diamond of the greatest of the great works of ALL ages and set it out on display, no one would see it for what it is, except those are are ready and looking for it, but since "there is nothing now hidden which will not be made known and brought to light", what we have then are merely degrees of ignorance and shadow on one hand, and of understanding and illumination on the other, but there are no "secrets", not when the great work is already in our midst and perched on church steeples all over the world, relative to which nothing else compares. The only thing shrouding it is either anti-religious sentiment, or, excessive religiosity which would presume to have a monopoly on it, but the genie is fast coming out of the stained-glass bottle, because there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.

From what I can gather, everthing else is utter nonsense in the light of pure reason, just men trying to pretend that they are wizards or witches, but there's no power there, because he left nothing whatsoever behind, of any lasting value that is.

All the treasure is in Christ (God consciousness) and the treasure is his unreasonably reasonable love. There is nothing else when we finally come to the space of nothing or the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming wherein all things are possible.. that's the point of leverage that moves the world for the sake of what's right, true, and just. Everything else is just one form or another of selfishness, or dark magic, praticed by fools like Crowley and what's his name Albert Pike, both of whom came to ruin.

And let us look around, the evidence is everywhere of what so-called men of reknown and high stature have wrought, and then on the other hand, let's consider a new creation and a world just waiting to be born.

Therefore, given the state of affairs and what's at stake, anyone can find the fulcrum and with a small push, move whole mountains of historical causation, but there's nothing occult or secret about it.

I long to hear the rooster myself, at the dawning of the new age of spirit and reason conjoined.

/my "two cents" on the issue for whatever it's worth..

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 8-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
I once believed that hidden forces were at work to manipulate the world and reality, however as my understanding of the subject grew I came to understand the lack of substance which backed that claim up.

Good for you. I like what Terrance McKenna said about that, he said

"It's out of control, of that we can be certain, but who's control is it out of?"

So I say, for those who can find the fulcrum time and again, in the human psyche as a first/last cause from which everything arises, to him is given power with faith but the size of a tiny seed, to say to the mountain (of bad history) move and it will move and be cast into the abyss.

If not for power such as this, Rudolf Guiliani might now be President of the United States of America!

If you want to do magic, investigate how to unleash a bouble-bind capable of bringing another or a whole audiance to their knees in laughter at its unravelling.. but don't worry about spilling the beans on the mystery, which simultaneously is quite capable of maintaining an integrity and unfathomability to keep the joke alive and moving of its own accord..

So, imho, the hidden key to "occult" or secret wisdom, resides in the use of language, of myth and metaphor and allegory, because that's where the rubber really hits the road and goes places far and wide. Context and framing is decisive. To that end, some might be interested in the work of a guy named Milton Erickson, the greatest hypnotist who ever lived, who mastered a process of conversational hypnotism whereby he didn't even need to put anyone into a trance to conduct the therapy. Of course it can only really work if used in the right spirit of helpfulness, or the perpetrator will simply end up mired in negative karmic debt, and all would fall apart. It has to be "ecological" to borrow a term from NLP meaning with wholeness and integrity in service to being as helpful as possible.

I realize I just went way off topic probably, oh well. Occult, being secret wisdom, can mean many things to different people right, and I just like to share what I can with the aim of doing the very thing I just descibed. We have to say something after all, and someone needs to speak while another listens, where persuasion is an inevitable consequence of authentic leadership.

edit on 8-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That was a meaningful answer and I greatly enjoyed it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Good for you. I like what Terrance McKenna said about that, he said

"It's out of control, of that we can be certain, but who's control is it out of?"

That's a good one, gotta love good ol crazy Terrance

I have always loved this quote by author and mystic Alan Moore...

"Yes, there is a conspiracy, indeed there are a great number of conspiracies, all tripping each other up… the main thing that I learned about conspiracy theories is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy, or the grey aliens, or the twelve-foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control, the truth is far more frightening; no-one is in control, the world is rudderless."

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think more people will just read this thread, than is indicated op, and not comment.

Knowledge comes with the tempering of explanations for the sole purpose of self preservation, mentally, physically and spiritually.

Read more books and re-read old ones, you'd be suprised what they were trying to say to you, but there's information out there which has been there for a very long time, then the question begs to be asked, why the hell are we in such a state? Someone has some explaining to do, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I have found myself doing this,
re-reading old information and seeing things in it I did not before.
Kind of enlightening sometimes,
even though I don't like that word.

new topics

top topics

join