It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami warning Australia maybe true. What are the Government try to tell us here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Have you SEEN whats going on in Antarctica

www.weather.com...

www.accuweather.com...

Pull above over south pole. This storm is HUGE.

Gonna start a thread on this but wanted to share it here first.

edit on 9-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I was out and about from mid morning until late afternoon today. Took some pictures that I find interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by fireyaguns

That one functional picture is a photo of an earth transient cloud.

It is a precursor to possible seismic activity.

www.gisdevelopment.net...

Scroll down to mid page and you will see an example of what you photographed.

You might want to have a plan in case the earth does decide to shake.

Here is a complete explanation of what I am talking about.

www.terraresearch.net...
edit on 8-8-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

The links you provided have been very informative, thankyou.
The clouds in the picture seem to be the same as the clouds that represent earthquake activity.

Fig. 4 shows six different shapes of earthquake clouds,

www.gisdevelopment.net...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Started a thread on the huge south pole storm thats reporting wave heights of 40 feet and posted link to this thread.

Would love some of your input over there if you can. Don't want to distract from your thread though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me know if you would rather I didn't post my link in your thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

We will be watching everywhere from here on. Something seems wrong.

I am most of the time fairly fit and healthy but today I felt quite sleepy. Not normal for me. All my children and my wife ended up with headaches by the end of the day. No bull, we eat well, drink rain water, grow our food without chemicals or pesticides and take vitamin C, B groups and sea minerals.
Something is not right.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have just found this article on google news, the Australian edition, not the UK one that I normally look at. Interesting that this article has appeared today.

www.news.com.au... ory-fncynjr2-1226446246156

Anyone starting to get scared yet?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fossy

followed link but got page not found. Is it about the Manila's clear skies reveal floods' scope ?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Here's what the article says:

Earthquake near a major city with death toll 'unprecedented in human history' a matter of time: Professor Iain Stewart ......

IT'S only a matter of time before a huge earthquake strikes a major city and results in a death toll "unprecedented in human history". Well-known Scottish scientist Iain Stewart delivered that grim prediction yesterday in Brisbane during an address to a global geology conference. Professor Stewart, a geologist and academic who has gained fame for multiple BBC television series on the planet, said the risk of disaster has grown because a growing number of mega-cities are built on or near major earthquake faults. Large settlements since antiquity have been based on these fault lines because they also help provide water and are usually located near flat plains ideally suited for growing crops. This "fatal attraction" to dangerous areas was "actually a good thing", because historically the trade-off was worth it since earthquakes were rare and most cities were not that large, he said. While earthquakes today were often less destructive because of improved building codes, more people were affected because cities were larger, Prof Stewart told delegates at the 34th International Geological Congress.

Despite the danger of such hazards, people were still drawn to earthquake-prone California and the US gulf states, which were routinely hit by hurricanes. Although it might seem that the number of natural disasters around the world is increasing, there are simply more people living in harm's way, and that fact creates the illusion. "We create the template that brings these disasters," Prof Stewart said. Similarly, people want to live only 20m from the beach, even in regions liable to be struck by tsunamis. Even after properties have been destroyed, many owners vow to rebuild. Further research was needed to understand why people continued to have such a high threshold for living in danger zones and why they often chose to ignore the science that could save their lives, he said.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX

This thread appears corrupted to me. Anyone else?

Yes, the page didn't render hardly at all. Is that what you see?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

IT'S only a matter of time before a huge earthquake strikes a major city and results in a death toll "unprecedented in human history"

Is this news?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by fossy

followed link but got page not found. Is it about the Manila's clear skies reveal floods' scope ?

Hi, no it wasn't, it was an article about the possibility of a major quake hitting somewhere and a catastrophic loss off life. Now it was there literally 2 minutes before I posted the link, but now as you say it's page not found.....wtf!!

Its almost as if it has been removed, sorry wish I had got a screenshot now. I will keep trying and repost if successful.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

Someone asked for the article because they could'nt get the link; if it was in today's newspapers, then it's news!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReallyNiceGuy
reply to post by bluemirage5

IT'S only a matter of time before a huge earthquake strikes a major city and results in a death toll "unprecedented in human history"

Is this news?

Yes it is or was on todays google news (australia edition)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fossy

I just posted the content of the article

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fossy

Proper Link to the article.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Professor Stewart, a geologist and academic who has gained fame for multiple BBC television series on the planet, said the risk of disaster has grown because a growing number of mega-cities are built on or near major earthquake faults.

duh.

If this is "news", some peoples oughta get out more...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So if a business has a fire escape plan on the wall of each level, does that mean they're warning you they're going to burn the building down?

As stated the tsunami warning system has been active for a long time now. I also saw the ad on the BOM site recently and while co-incidental that's all it actually is. It's what happens when you're focussed on a certain topic, then you see something relevant. It stands out more.

Nothing abnormal about those clouds, ask any meteorologist or pilot. Too much paranoia lately and it isn't healthy.
edit on 9/8/2012 by outsidethesquare because: sp

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well the other posts said we had 104 hours so why worry? WAIT how many days ago was that?

This would figure I have been planning a trip to Australia for a long time all along the east coast that would suck if it was gone and I had to go to Alice Springs or...the west coast...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There was a prediction post yesterday which gathered some 1050 responses so far
Is this what the person was
trying to predict?

ATS_LINK

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My facebook today was filled with my QLD friends taking pics of clouds......

So.... that's "normal" is it? never in my years have i ever seen anyone care about the clouds.. yet today.. im swamped with pictures of clouds, most of these folks don't know each other.. live far away from each other and know nothing about why the clouds would appear this way...

But agian... that's just an everyday thing eh?

Something is most defiantly up, we've read the threads.. we know the "warnings".. hard to say whats right, or what fear mongering non-sence, but do me a favor you all and GET PREPARED.. it's not a bad idea anyways.. water, a few box's of you favorite (but still nutritionist.. don't pack junk eh.. lol) snack bar or similar.. pack extra's to barter with (you never know)..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join