It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit crying about Romney's TAXES!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue

He's doing what every other crony politician is doing.... re-doing his taxes to make it look like he doesn't take as many loopholes as he did. This is the way it works with these types. I'd take every loophole too, and if you don't, you're a sucker. Yeah let's demonize hime because he didn't want to giver more millions to our corrupt government, yeah!

So a guy that has been in politics for years and has run for president among other positions is not gonna pay taxes. That alone is pure ignorance if anyone thinks that.

Simple as I said a million times: He used loopholes that will make him look bad since it a bad thing to be rich in America because we have so many entitlement loser and jealous people. It's the truth.

You know, I don't think even Romney would want you defending him at this point.... if you were his lawyer in court, he would be locked up before the trial was over.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

Why ignore the whole thing that his taxes would show if he committed fraud (lying on federal documents about his position in Bain) or not? Why keep going about about loopholes?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Why ignore the whole thing that his taxes would show if he committed fraud (lying on federal documents about his position in Bain) or not? Why keep going about about loopholes?

His point about loopholes seems to, and he's gone this route more than once, that if people know about the loopholes they'd make a big deal out of it and use them themselves..

So he's essentially saying.. let Romney hide the loopholes he's abused so that we don't freak out and try to use them ourselves.. in OTHER words.. lets let the rich keep those loopholes and lets make sure the middle class or lower class NEVER hear about them..

His concern isn't ooh lets fix those loopholes so the whole thing is fair.. it's hide them so that nobody else knows

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Update: I take it back .. let the OP defend Romney in court
.. that would be an interesting, albeit short case.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
You didn't use the quote system right so let me piece this together.. gonna take me a minute ..

Why? because people will make a big deal out of the loopholes that all them would exploit too. Simple as that.

Simple as that why? that makes NO sense... there shouldn't BE loopholes.. are you suggesting we should let Romney off the hook just to hide those loop holes so nobody else but the wealthy who know about them can? that's a completely horrible response.. I hope you clarify because that was crap.

Quit putting words into my mouth. He used loopholes, and I don't like him. I just get tired of hearing hearsay from MSM lap dogs. He's was a governor prior! You actually believe a guy like that is gonna not pay taxes? He has enemies too ya know?

I'm not putting words into your mouth, I don't have to .. you're doing a great job at debating on your own .. I don't have to do anything
.. You're back on loopholes.. I asked you about Obama auditing him and you replied earlier that I didn't know politics and if I don't know you won't tell me .. well I'm asking and you're living up to your word on not replying.. you're talking about MSM lap dogs .. Yes I believe he wouldn't pay taxes.. I said that already.. I'm still saying it .. My point REMAINS.. if he's got nothing to hide.. why not just shut us up and reveal the taxes.. you've given absolutely nothing valuable to that question as a response.

It's common sense, the only thing he has to hide are the loopholes that people like you would make into a big deal, when really, you would do the same thing.

Even if that is some how common sense ( care to explain how that's common sense?.. it's not ) ... LOOPHOLES ARE NOT GOOD .. you're defending the right of the richest to abuse our tax code, and you're suggesting for some weird reason that those loopholes should remain hidden to the poorer folks.. are you absolutely seriously saying that? because that's EXACTLY how it reads..

Oh gosh........ the loopholes are there, if you don't wanna take them, don't, but don't blame someone else for using them. It's a rat race bro, he's given more money in taxes than you'll ever pay in 5 lifetimes. That's why I don't care. All you have to do is hire an accountant, it's not some creepy dark secret, any good accountant knows them, sorry you can't pick up a phone and call an accountant.

HE DOES HAVE STUFF TO HIDE!!!!!!! FOR THE 30th time.... the LOOPHOLES!!!

Loopholes aren't good, and shame on those people wanting to keep more of there money, damn those people are greedy! He should just give 80% of his money to the government, that would please all the poor people.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

He's doing what every other crony politician is doing.... re-doing his taxes to make it look like he doesn't take as many loopholes as he did. This is the way it works with these types. I'd take every loophole too, and if you don't, you're a sucker. Yeah let's demonize hime because he didn't want to giver more millions to our corrupt government, yeah!

So a guy that has been in politics for years and has run for president among other positions is not gonna pay taxes. That alone is pure ignorance if anyone thinks that.

Simple as I said a million times: He used loopholes that will make him look bad since it a bad thing to be rich in America because we have so many entitlement loser and jealous people. It's the truth.

You know, I don't think even Romney would want you defending him at this point.... if you were his lawyer in court, he would be locked up before the trial was over.

Except that he hasn't done anything illegal therefore he wouldn't be in court. Cmon you can do better than that.

Imagine that --> A gut who has committed tax fraud for 10 yrs decides to run for prez so every detail of this life can be examined, and when he realized that he says "oh, I didn't know they would check my taxe returns etc," and ends up in jail for 10 yrs. That's realistic, lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Oh gosh........ the loopholes are there, if you don't wanna take them, don't, but don't blame someone else for using them. It's a rat race bro, he's given more money in taxes than you'll ever pay in 5 lifetimes. That's why I don't care. All you have to do is hire an accountant, it's not some creepy dark secret, any good accountant knows them, sorry you can't pick up a phone and call an accountant.

Loopholes aren't good, and shame on those people wanting to keep more of there money, damn those people are greedy! He should just give 80% of his money to the government, that would please all the poor people.

So you're defending his decision so that he can continue to hide the loop holes, you said "if you don't want to take them, don't" but in previous posts you're saying he doesn't release them so people won't KNOW about them because everyone would use them.. do you see how that doesn't make sense? .. you're saying it's our fault for not using them.. and saying he's good for not releasing them so we can't know about them.. that is insane talk.

You think he's hiding his taxes purely for the loopholes.. I personally think it's deeper than that... he stands to face felony charges for fraud on the whole Bane topic .. there's documents filed that flat out point to fraud and only his tax filings could clear him of that.. and next, the whole topic of has he been paying at all .. I still say that's a solid possibility .. and you've given jack all to refute that other than why would a person in his position not .. which doesn't say much.. a person in his position would be better able to not.

try again..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

His point about loopholes seems to, and he's gone this route more than once, that if people know about the loopholes they'd make a big deal out of it and use them themselves..

So he's essentially saying.. let Romney hide the loopholes he's abused so that we don't freak out and try to use them ourselves.. in OTHER words.. lets let the rich keep those loopholes and lets make sure the middle class or lower class NEVER hear about them..

His concern isn't ooh lets fix those loopholes so the whole thing is fair.. it's hide them so that nobody else knows

Or................ it's too late so why worry about it now, it's legal, maybe not ethical, but that's neither here no there. No use whining about something like that.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

[Except that he hasn't done anything illegal therefore he wouldn't be in court. Cmon you can do better than that.

Imagine that --> A gut who has committed tax fraud for 10 yrs decides to run for prez so every detail of this life can be examined, and when he realized that he says "oh, I didn't know they would check my taxe returns etc," and ends up in jail for 10 yrs. That's realistic, lol.

Everyone has a first offense, bro ... that's a silly argument to make .. and tax fraud is a common thing.. you only get caught if they decide to audit you .. and the IRS is less prone to auditing lawmakers who decide the fate of their department... it's like auditing your BOSS .. are you kidding me?

Oh wait.. you know who this works.. I forgot..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Or................ it's too late so why worry about it now, it's legal, maybe not ethical, but that's neither here no there. No use whining about something like that.

Ok so your point is we need to rally behind the unethical president... GO TEAM UNETHICAL!

You're just not helping Romney at all

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I need to hit the shower, I'm a working man ... I work 9-5 ... pay my taxes and live in modesty .. so pardon me while I take a 15 minute break... I'll return.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So you're defending his decision so that he can continue to hide the loop holes, you said "if you don't want to take them, don't" but in previous posts you're saying he doesn't release them so people won't KNOW about them because everyone would use them.. do you see how that doesn't make sense? .. you're saying it's our fault for not using them.. and saying he's good for not releasing them so we can't know about them.. that is insane talk.

You think he's hiding his taxes purely for the loopholes.. I personally think it's deeper than that... he stands to face felony charges for fraud on the whole Bane topic .. there's documents filed that flat out point to fraud and only his tax filings could clear him of that.. and next, the whole topic of has he been paying at all .. I still say that's a solid possibility .. and you've given jack all to refute that other than why would a person in his position not .. which doesn't say much.. a person in his position would be better able to not.

try again..

People without assets i.e. land, equipment, property, stocks, retirement plans, etc...... can't take full advantage of the taxing system because they MAINLY don't pay that much into it. This is obvious stuff guys, to most people. The more you own, the more you pay, the more chances you have to use the tax system to it's fullest, but you also pay A LOT MORE than the average joe. It's not your fault for not using them, it's you incomes fault(which we can blame Obama for that because it wasn't you that did that, it was someone else's fault).

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ok so your point is we need to rally behind the unethical president... GO TEAM UNETHICAL!

The thread is about his taxes, not a candidate.

I'm not trying to help Romney lol, (full disclosure, i'm a libertarian) I have issues with the tax loopholes and I'd use them because fundamentally I believe the government taxes too much too often
edit on 8-8-2012 by SadButTrue because: added

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

People without assets i.e. land, equipment, property, stocks, retirement plans, etc...... can't take full advantage of the taxing system because they MAINLY don't pay that much into it. This is obvious stuff guys, to most people. The more you own, the more you pay, the more chances you have to use the tax system to it's fullest, but you also pay A LOT MORE than the average joe. It's not your fault for not using them, it's you incomes fault(which we can blame Obama for that because it wasn't you that did that, it was someone else's fault).

Taxes on land, equipment, property, stocks, retirement .. is common, those aren't loopholes.. I pay taxes on land, equipment, property, retirement.. not stocks... those are not even what is at play ..

We're talking much deeper things, like what he did with bane.. filtering money through a small country to avoid paying taxes locally .. Romney is shrewd.. he knows how to filter his money to avoid paying .. these are not common taxes like the list you just rattled off ...

You really don't know what you're on about, do you? .. I'll be back.
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm not trying to help Romney lol, (full disclosure, i'm a libertarian) I have issues with the tax loopholes and I'd use them because fundamentally I believe the government taxes too much too often

OH sorry.. you're defending the man as a person.. not as a future leader of the free world .. we shouldn't care about the man as a human or what morals he has.. that's all silly talk right? ..

Keep it coming..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wow. Lots of insults in your OP, lots of "truth is" with nothing to back it up but your own opinion, and the whole thing doesn't have a shred of truth to it.

You're certainly entitled to rant about whatever you want, but this is an election year, and people are going to carry on about things like tax returns. Romney not cooperating with releasing his tax returns tells me that he is hiding something, and if he cannot be transparent before the election, what kind of president would he be?

When a poster has to resort to insults in order to make his point, with nothing but "you're stupid if you don't believe the way I do", he has already failed. Next time, try to make your case without the nastiness, pettiness and put-downs.

Cry you a river? Only about your lack of skills in trying to get you point across without being rude and irritating. Waaahhhhh!!!!

There you go, "bro".

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Taxes on land, equipment, property, stocks, retirement .. is common, those aren't loopholes.. I pay taxes on land, equipment, property, retirement.. not stocks... those are not even what is at play ..

We're talking much deeper things, like what he did with bane.. filtering money through a small country to avoid paying taxes locally .. Romney is shrewd.. he knows how to filter his money to avoid paying .. these are not common taxes like the list you just rattled off ...

You really don't know what you're on about, do you? .. I'll be back.

I don't know your level of knowledge on the subject, so I was trying to keep it simple. The point is, there are a ton of loopholes and he probably just used every single one. While you guys are jumping to conclusions I prefer to keep an open mind on the subject and let American's be innocent until proven guilty.

While your defense is he's an elite, yet his enemies are in office and would use anything they can do derail his chances. But, somehow they can't come up with the most important thing, proof. Like I said, if he did commit fraud it will come out, if he didn't then there will be talk of it for the rest of the election.... like we are now, wasting time about a subject that was created to divert from the real issues. That is why I wrote this thread, because it's a diversion that everyone has jumped on. It's a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

OH sorry.. you're defending the man as a person.. not as a future leader of the free world .. we shouldn't care about the man as a human or what morals he has.. that's all silly talk right? ..

Keep it coming..

Try to keep up man, this isn't about any of that, it's about how "used" all you MSM people are. You don't even realize it! It's about NO PROOF, just a few talking points and he's a criminal tax evader and all of you know it's true!

It's about ATS members believing and repeating everything they hear on MSM. It's about, who cares if he used and abused the tax system. If he committed fraud, he'll get caught.

edit on 8-8-2012 by SadButTrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I don't know your level of knowledge on the subject, so I was trying to keep it simple. The point is, there are a ton of loopholes and he probably just used every single one. While you guys are jumping to conclusions I prefer to keep an open mind on the subject and let American's be innocent until proven guilty.

While your defense is he's an elite, yet his enemies are in office and would use anything they can do derail his chances. But, somehow they can't come up with the most important thing, proof. Like I said, if he did commit fraud it will come out, if he didn't then there will be talk of it for the rest of the election.... like we are now, wasting time about a subject that was created to divert from the real issues. That is why I wrote this thread, because it's a diversion that everyone has jumped on. It's a waste of time.

You don't know my level of knowledge so you were trying to keep it simple? lol .. I love that..

It's one thing to have an open mind.. but when it's glaring you in the face there's something wrong.. as I said a million times.. Romney is in an election year, his taxes are in question on multiple fronts for multiple reasons.. if he's done nothing wrong he should just release it.. he is adamant about not.. There could not be a bigger red flag.. you defending him by saying he should hide the loop holes so nobody uses them is just plain ludicrous ..

My defense wasn't he's an elite.. I described to you the difference between rich and elite when you questioned another poster about it.. I personally think he probably is an elite but I don't use it at all as my defense.. My argument is plain and simple.. if he's got nothing illegal to hide.. lets refine it for you.. then he should release it.. if he's hiding loop holes, well this he should be running as a president who will seal those holes .. EQUALITY IN TAXES.. yay .. but he won't be doing that now will he? .. and what about the last thing.. what if he hasn't paid taxes.. or the bane situation is true? .. oh that would really hurt him.. and I think one, or both .. is at play..

You're not adding much of anything, you're doing a bad job at supporting your arguments and we're several pages in now.. so I might be bowing out soon .. it depends on your next few responses I guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Try to keep up man, this isn't about any of that, it's about how "used" all you MSM people are. You don't even realize it! It's about NO PROOF, just a few talking points and he's a criminal tax evader and all of you know it's true!

It's about ATS members believing and repeating everything they hear on MSM. It's about, who cares if he used and abused the tax system. If he committed fraud, he'll get caught.

edit on 8-8-2012 by SadButTrue because: (no reason given)

How used all us MSM people are? .. what are you even going on about now? .. you keep going on about things that have no relevance ... the facts are he has some questions about his taxes that need answering, there are FACTS filed on paper that he needs to answer to .. you're running on about MSM ..

It's very simple.. let me explain it one more time.. I'd like to keep you on point because you keep going off on tangents

1. People make accusations
2. People provide evidence filed that says he lied about his time with bane

Romney need only prove them wrong and WOOHOO win for Romney ... Romney shuts up about it ... well that's just odd..

There's NO amount of defending you can do to rule out that simple, pure logic.. you can rant on about MSM and M&M's and .. whatever .. it won't rule out basic fundamental facts.. you need to take a deep breath and just stop.. if Romney wants to clear this up .. he need only release those taxes.. and so far your only argument is nooo let him hide those loopholes so nobody else uses them.. let me tell you .. that is a sorry excuse for a defense..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join