It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
?just wondering, if you like the band Eagles, what are your favorite songs by them?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Take it Easy
Desperado

I saw the Eagles before they released their first album - They were a support band for Niel Young
Yes I am that old

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
hotel california!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've been an Eagles fan for a looong time. They were one group that we used to sit around and listen to when were getting... well, it was the 70's

In no particular order:

Best Of My Love
Heartache Tonight
Hotel California - I actually like the acoustic version better than the original
Lyin' Eyes
One Of These Nights
Take It Easy
Take It To The Limit
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Witchy Woman
Tequila Sunrise

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Love the Eagles! Good road trip music.

Eagles - Peaceful Easy Feeling -HD

Eagles - One Of These Nights

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wasted Time

I Can't You Why

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry can not embed but click to play....enjoy

Take it Easy

www.youtube.com...

Desperado

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ah well,
Hotel California is a lyrical classic. I like rock in most forms myself, so I go mostly for their rocking numbers, but still, because their lyrics are so good, I can like the more country orientated numbers, Desperado, New kid in town, Tequila sunrise blah blah. We cover some of their songs at the moment, and it is quite surprising the ones that people go for when played live, Get over it is one, Somebody, another. Most of their live performances are very polished, the DVD in Australia soundwise is excellent, harmonies are excellent. There was one guy who was there for a while, (I forget his name at the moment) was a really accomplished lead player, he played the final solo in a live version of Get over it, (not on youtube now) but he is good. Glenn Frey has his talents too, not as a guitarist/player, but in other ways, they all do really, and make a good unit.
edit on 8-8-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Was it Bernie Leadon?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by smurfy

Was it Bernie Leadon?

No it wasn't him, this guy was younger, if the videos hadn't been pulled by youtube I could've linked. I think he had only a short sit, (I've no idea why, it was their loss) but as a player, he would have been the missing fifth eagle.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

reply to post by smurfy

Was it Bernie Leadon?

No it wasn't him, this guy was younger, if the videos hadn't been pulled by youtube I could've linked. I think he had only a short sit, (I've no idea why, it was their loss) but as a player, he would have been the missing fifth eagle.

Joe Walsh played with them later I believe - Was it him

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

reply to post by smurfy

Was it Bernie Leadon?

Joe Walsh played with them later I believe - Was it him

Not him either, Joe is fairly long term, in and out, he played his part the second solo in the video I refer to, Glenn Frey plays the first, and this other guy played the last solo, presumably Felders solo, but much better, although faithful to the original.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Sorry I have run out of names but if I have a brain wave I will post it

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Not many bands can go from a simple accoustic song with complex harmonies... and then dive head first into a hard rockin' axe banging melody with a memorable riff.

As I get older, I like the more laidback Eagles catalogue... Peaceful Easy Feeling, Tequila Sunrise, Best of My Love...

But then on a hot sunny afternoon cruising down a back road I'll crank Life In The Fast Lane...

So many memories from the last 40 years...Has it been that long? My first stereo, first car, the Delta House in college, some of the best cookouts ever, the beach trips...

I think I'm gonna cry.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Always liked this one.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Favorite Eagles songs? - All of them! Hotel California and One of these Nights a bit overplayed, but still awesome.

One of my top pics -

edit on 8-8-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... btw check out 'take it easy'

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think the Eagles are one of the most talented bands ever, increadible songwriting and musicianship. I just read Don Felder's book 'Heaven and Hell: My Life With the Eagles' and strongly suggest it to any Eagles fan, lots of insight to the band thru the yrs. Something I learned from that book was the fact Glenn Fry and Don Henley are two of the most shrewd and arrogant A-#$%% in the business. They screwed Felder over big time, basically wanting him to be nothing more than a hired hand in the end. I lost a lot of respect for Fry and Henley after reading the book. Felder and others in the band referred to them as "The Gods". Maybe they didn't like the fact that Felder wrote their biggest hit 'Hotel California', who knows. But, they've written some damn good songs over the years.

It's hard for me to pick a best song from them, they've written so many great songs. For sure Desparado, Hotel California, Take it to the Limits, Take It Easy, Lying Eyes and Wasted Time rank in the top for me.

new topics

top topics

join