It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Started Bain Capital With Money From Families Tied To Death Squads

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Dear Blackmarketeer,

I'd like to thank you for starting this thread. I hadn't known anything about this until you brought it up, it encouraged me to do a little digging.
I ran across an article in Salon written by a guy who was a reporter for Pro Publica (So we're not talking about Rush or Hannity here)

A significant portion of the seed money that created Mitt Romney’s private equity firm, Bain Capital, was provided by wealthy oligarchs from El Salvador, including members of a family with a relative who allegedly financed rightist groups that used death squads during the country’s bloody civil war in the 1980s.
Members of a family which had a relative who allegedly financed groups that used death squads. Talking about six degrees of separation!

There is no evidence that any of Bain Capital’s original investors were involved in these sorts of activities. . . .

Four members of the de Sola family were among the original Bain investors, or “limited partners” in the company, the Globe reported. Their relative and “one-time business partner,” Orlando de Sola, was an important figure in El Salvador

Craig Pyes, an investigative reporter then with the Albuquerque Journal, wrote a series on the rightist death squads based on extensive on-the-ground reporting in El Salvador in the early 1980s with Laurie Becklund of the Los Angeles Times, while the death squads were still active.

Pyes, who has since won two Pulitzer Prizes and is now a private investigator in California, says that no one has produced any proof that de Sola directly funded death squads.

www.salon.com...

With all of the wealthy oligarchs from various countries investing a total of $6.5 million, I'm guessing the de Sola's invested, oh, maybe, half a million? That's just a guess. In any event, there just isn't any evidence that the de Sola investors had anything to do with the death squads. (Or even that the relative did.)

With respect,
charles1952

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join