It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why white people will always be a part of the olympics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by miniatus

Was it so different? Some believe that ww3 is unavoidable.

Read the article. Would they have done that to a none white person?

Absolutely ... if it were Usain Bolt who was on top and then started finishing in 7th then you can bet your bottom dollar they would be criticizing him for it .. it happens in other sports, black people are not immune to criticism and bad press...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

Which is why I asked the question. Are they trying to start a race war? For the record, I'm amazed that anyone can disagree. The media stepped over the line.

The only person I see advocating a race war...is in this thread. Just sayin'

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by badvok123

LONDON With her voice choking and eyes welling with tears, U.S. hurdler Lolo Jones took issue with what she called “heartbreaking” criticism a day after she barely missed winning an Olympic medal,

Jones appeared on NBC’s “Today” on Wednesday and was asked about a recent story in The New York Times that said her stardom had more to do with marketing than her accomplishments on the track.

“They just ripped me to shreds, and I just thought that that was crazy,” Jones said.

She finished fourth in the 100-meter hurdles Tuesday, 0.10 seconds behind bronze medallist Kellie Wells. At Beijing four years ago, Jones was leading the final when she hit the ninth of 10 hurdles and wound up seventh.

source

It seem's like the media being it's usual cynical self....I don't see what race has to do with it though.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would also say that if this weren't the Olympics, she wouldn't be taking this bad press nearly as hard... ALL of these athletes are under stress... trainers pushing them hard, and they have the pressure of the world on their shoulders.. they are representing their country and to fail is crushing enough.. criticize of any sort is going to feel like an emotional punch in the gut.. but it just happens.. it's always going to happen.. and I don't think race has jack to do with it .. that's just my personal opinion..

My heart goes out to all of those who didn't win in these events because I can't imagine just how disappointing that must feel.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by badvok123

It seem's like the media being it's usual cynical self....I don't see what race has to do with it though.

That's my thought exactly .. there's nothing there that looks unusual as far as the media is concerned, and I see nothing remotely racist about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

There's a fine line between critique, and attack. I think media just went way past that line. They tried to take her career out from under her, and I don't like that. It's not just simple critique, it's a sickening attack.

Close your quote tag Miniatus.
edit on 8-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There's a fine line between critique, and attack. I think media just went way past that line. They tried to take her career out from under her, and I don't like that. It's not just simple critique, it's a sickening attack.

I can agree that the media was harsh in their critique .. I don't know if they went anymore over the line than they often do ... some of the authors of those articles are downright jerks and make a habit of chewing people up and spitting them out .. it's sensationalism and it draws in readers.. but do I think it was racially motivated? I honestly don't .. and I still say if Usain Bolt had tripped up he'd have gotten it in some form too ..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Here we disagree.

MSM would never run a story like that about a black athlete. Never going to happen. It would be suicidal to their business.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Are you serious ? Do you not remeber all the gripeing about this ?

www.adversity.net...

Here is a african american attacking black atheletes

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

just so you know its not a fluke here is another one...be happy to keep posting more if you need more....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But here is the peice of all pieces....

mediamatters.org...

As for the article you site for your rant...its pretty close to the truth...advertising is built around the images of skinny white women and blonde haired blue eyed men that are not close to what most of the average american people look like. It has begun to change as we are seeing more diversity in advertising but yes marketing decisions are made on every nuance from the color of skin to the color used on a box....you should perhaps open your eyes to what is reaslly in the media and not what you percieve thru what is really close to white only eyes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join