It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why white people will always be a part of the olympics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The media needs someone that they can heckle.

I wonder what they would have to say if Usain Bolt came in fourth?

Why do they turn a blind eye to Jamaican crowding tactics in the running events? That's the oldest trick in the runners book of cheating, if you don't know.

The Olympics this time around are disgusting. Are they trying to start a war?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Uh...are you watching the same Olympics I am.....did you not see the U.S. Girl's Gymnastic team....

ETA: I see no point in your thread, other than to instigate crap.

Des

edit on 8-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
The media needs someone that they can heckle.

I wonder what they would have to say if Usain Bolt came in fourth?

Why do they turn a blind eye to Jamaican crowding tactics in the running events? That's the oldest trick in the runners book of cheating, if you don't know.

The Olympics this time around are disgusting. Are they trying to start a war?

I don't believe that there intentions are to start a war.. however I think that YOUR intentions are to start a flame war..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Which black athlete was heckled for losing?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Which black athlete was heckled for losing?

Sorry, I haven't been *categorizing* the *athletes* by *color*. Only by the *sport* they compete in.

You need to take off your *color* coded glasses, and just enjoy the sports and athletes.

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

In other words, none. Thanks for making my point.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
sad state of affairs when a person cant Rant on ATS
all I'm sayin.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I, like Stephen Colbert do not see color .. are you trying to tell me there are black people competing in the running events? .. I would have to take your word for it.. I only see in shades of red white and blue...

I think too much is being made of the situation.
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Humans will always be a part of the Olympics as well. So will legs and arms.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
all I'm sayin.

Sad state of affairs, when every other rant is on race.

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
all I'm sayin.

People rant a lot on ATS, what do you mean? .. have you seen the number of rant posts? .. seems they are doing a pretty good job of ranting.. but not everyone has to agree with said rant.. it's the game you take when you post your rant on a public forum I suppose.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Which is why I asked the question. Are they trying to start a race war? For the record, I'm amazed that anyone can disagree. The media stepped over the line.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Which is why I asked the question. Are they trying to start a race war? For the record, I'm amazed that anyone can disagree. The media stepped over the line.

There would be much better ways to start a race war than to heckle at a sporting event... and I'm sure there was more heckling in this Olympics than has been seen on tv .. it's a part of sports.. it's a part of any public event really..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Oh really? One of the many underlying reasons ww2 broke out was the 1936 Olympics. I ask again, are they trying to start a race war?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Which white athlete was heckled ?....and by whom?
edit on 8-8-2012 by badvok123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh really? One of the many underlying reasons ww2 broke out was the 1936 Olympics. I ask again, are they trying to start a race war?

That was a much different situation indeed.. not even sure I would even try to compare those two situations.. ww2 was going to happen regardless of the Olympic situation anyway.. I don't think it's even possible to deny that.. and no, they aren't .. there's just some stupid people out there...
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badvok123

LONDON With her voice choking and eyes welling with tears, U.S. hurdler Lolo Jones took issue with what she called “heartbreaking” criticism a day after she barely missed winning an Olympic medal,

Jones appeared on NBC’s “Today” on Wednesday and was asked about a recent story in The New York Times that said her stardom had more to do with marketing than her accomplishments on the track.

“They just ripped me to shreds, and I just thought that that was crazy,” Jones said.

She finished fourth in the 100-meter hurdles Tuesday, 0.10 seconds behind bronze medallist Kellie Wells. At Beijing four years ago, Jones was leading the final when she hit the ninth of 10 hurdles and wound up seventh.

source

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hitler was on the rise and already has his plans by the early 30s mind you .. I still say that's a comparison that makes no sense.. those Olympics were an embarrassment but in no way helped start WW2 .. hitler was already expanding his government by 1933 and was expanding his army by 1934

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Was it so different? Some believe that ww3 is unavoidable.

Read the article. Would they have done that to a none white person?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I don't view what the times said as "ripping to shreds" .. I'm sure her feelings were hurt, but it's hard to be in the spot light and get criticism.. win Phelps took fourth and barely qualified he was getting a lot of the same bad press.. it happens.. especially when the press has op/ed sections.. I don't see anything too out of the ordinary when it comes to the media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join