It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local GOP County Chair, Compares Obama Supporter To Someone 'Mentally Retarded'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok, let's look at what makes me "mentally challenged".

Making a law that a 26 year old stay on their mother and fathers insurance til 26 is not of sound mind clearly from the I want it all I want it now and they sure don't give a crap how generation.

It's more of an adaptation to our changing society. Healthcare is expensive...more so now than in the past. And it is sometimes very difficult for newly graduated young adults, either from highschool or college, to be able to find a job that either offers health insurance or that pays enough to purchase private health insurance.

With the insurance mandate coming up (whether you agree with it or not), it would place an unfair burden on young adults to be expected to come up with qualified insurance so quickly out of their education.

If supporting this makes me mentally challenged...I must question the mental status of the person doing the judging of my own mental status.

The largest healthcare provider in the country is the US federal Government with 70 million on Medicare and 50 million on medicaid that could not already be paid for then add 30 million new people to those roles.

You see...there are these things called facts...without them...I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Spending 6 trillion dollars in 3 and half years.

There was a little thing called a recession that Obama inherited. There is also the fact that Bush's last budget hugely increased spending. And there is also the fact that Obama has increased federal spending by the smallest amount in recent history.

The class warfare rhetoric rob from the rich and give to the poor to name a few.

As opposed to the class warfare of rob the poor to give to the rich???

I think the "rich" can go back to paying 3 more percent...it's ridiculous that they have gotten a large percentage of the poor people in this nation to fight to give them more money.

So...who seems more mentally challenged...the poor person begging the government to give rich people a tax cut...or the rich person telling the government to give the poor a tax break???

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Obama mocked himself...not the other parties supporters.

Whoop way to spin that one.... He mocked himself that is true. However, that he did it by insinuating that his skills at bowling were equal to the individuals who compete in the special Olympics. Thus he disparaged the skills and athleticism of special Olympians - that's ok right he was joking and hell he's black and a liberal so let’s cut him a break.

Humm, so if instead the GOP guy would have said something like sorry I didn't notice that was a handicapped spot because I am blinder than Helen Keller in a dark alley... Would that be would be ok?

I'm guessing any utterance of the word "retarded" "black" "boy" "handicap" or any other buzz words that prompt libutard outrage by anyone on the right (in or out of context) would be pounced on like chicken legs and watermelon at an NBA tip off...

I'm sure you don't like that analogy since it has a racial component lets try this one...

Oh crap sorry, did I say that? I meant lall over it like fire on a cross at a Klan rally.

Now with that I am sure you have no issue. It's ok to disparage whites right.

That is acceptable humor because you enjoy it and support the meme that whites are uneducated racists.

Why is it ok for liberals to disparage people who enjoy NASCAR as redneck trailer trash with no intellect but not for the right to say well that Democrat fund raiser looked like a casting call for Spike Lee's latest film.

Why - double standard. The left is the correct and sensitive party and since people in the media support it 4:1 they can set the tone.

And yes, people were outraged...and Obama apologized.

Oh yeah, who? Other than FOX who I suspect hit him with both barrels. Let’s just see some of the liberal media comments.

abcnews.go.com...

Well no outrage in this one by ABC - they report he said it and made it seem like a non-deal since he apologized and even included some comments about how great it is that this can be turned into a teachable moment for the nation. SO when he says it, it’s ok if he says I didn’t mean to and in the end it's even a good thing he said it as it can be used to teach our youth the power their words have to hurt others... Cool so uncle Barry screws up and he's still got a way to spin it into a good thing.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Humm Huff Post again no outrage just the facts... glossed over - no bid deal he said he was sorry.

www.thesun.co.uk...

The SUN in the UK at least put in their piece that some people found it tasteless then glossed over it by closing with the highlighting how funny he was during his monologue.

Nope - I see no liberal outrage....

But do you honestly not see the difference between Obama making fun of him and a Republican party leader calling the opposition retarded???

No, no I don't but then again I don't regularly worship at the idol of Obama greatness on my knees either but to each his own I say.

I am certain that making retardation and its challenges the point of analogy in a negative way is just as offensive regardless of the person or to whom it is used in comparison.

However, I am sure in your eyes Ole Barry can do no wrong.
edit on 8/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Whoop way to spin that one.... He mocked himself that is true. However, that he did it by insinuating that his skills at bowling were equal to the individuals who compete in the special Olympics. Thus he disparaged the skills and athleticism of special Olympians - that's ok right he was joking and hell he's black and a liberal so let’s cut him a break.

Who said it's ok???

The topic of this thread is Republican leaders making hateful comments about the oppositions supporters.

I know you are trying to spin away from that and make it about the term used and not the motivation behind the comment...you have fun with that.

Excuse me if I don't address the rest of your racist filled and political trolling response.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The topic of this thread is Republican leaders making hateful comments about the oppositions supporters.

Oh, I get it now, this is a bash Republican, don't point out the hypocrisy of democrates doing the same or worse thread. Got it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Roddey is a GOP leader? Where? Nationally? State? Maybe Allegheny County? That's a bit of a stretch imo. Don't worry about it. The questions are rhetorical. I expect to be ignored....again.

link   

link   
It was obviously an insensitive remark. Not to mention it was sad the audience cheered in support.

This kind of divisiveness and slamming of political opponents has to stop from both sides. It's tearing out country apart. It also causes the other side to push back in defense which leads to a contuining cycle of feuding.

Good for him for apologizing though. I can understand he probably thought it was just a joke but it was in poor taste. He tried to make good on it though so issue resolved as far as I'm concerned.

link   
This in a nutshell sums up politics in the US today.

Those on the left, know that they are the chosen ones and if you disagree with one then you must be stupid.

Those on the right look on with disbelief as lefties keep getting elected.

Then there are people like me who believe that all of the politicians are corrupt.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

With the insurance mandate coming up (whether you agree with it or not), it would place an unfair burden on young adults to be expected to come up with qualified insurance so quickly out of their education.

Did you mean "Obama Care" instead of "insurance mandate"? I thought Obama Care was to make health care insurance affordable to EVERYONE! Apparently you are back peddling on this one?

You see...there are these things called facts...without them...I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I agree, there are facts! But when someone only takes the facts from a partisan viewpoint, how does that make anything a fact?

There was a little thing called a recession that Obama inherited. There is also the fact that Bush's last budget hugely increased spending. And there is also the fact that Obama has increased federal spending by the smallest amount in recent history.

Okay, I get it! Still blaming Bush, but yet Obama deserves 4 more years? Believe the media all you want, we are in a depression, and maybe it was a recession that Obama inherited, but he did a fine job turning it into a depression and have the media lie to us telling us things are getting better! Are you kidding me?

I think the "rich" can go back to paying 3 more percent...it's ridiculous that they have gotten a large percentage of the poor people in this nation to fight to give them more money.

So...who seems more mentally challenged...the poor person begging the government to give rich people a tax cut...or the rich person telling the government to give the poor a tax break???

The government does a fine job creating divisions over the haves and have nots! The problem is, that they who create the laws and the corporations who run this country are far beyond "RICH"! They are "EXTREMELY WEALTHY"! It is definately the "Rich" (job creators) who are being targeted by our wonderful POTUS and it damn sure isn't the "WEALTHY" he is pandering to for more money for his campaign funds who he is targeting!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Oh, I get it now, this is a bash Republican, don't point out the hypocrisy of democrates doing the same or worse thread. Got it.

This is a thread about a specific comment made by a specific Republican.

But it is a trend of other specific comments made by other specific Republicans that are hateful and intolerant.

If you would like to make a thread about Democrats making the same kind of statements, you are free to do so.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

This is a thread about a specific comment made by a specific Republican.

But it is a trend of other specific comments made by other specific Republicans that are hateful and intolerant.

If you would like to make a thread about Democrats making the same kind of statements, you are free to do so.

You would most likely just do the same thing he did.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Excuse me if I don't address the rest of your racist filled and political trolling response.

You are the man! I love you - I look forward to your comments. There is no trolling, well no more than in your original post I guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It's more of an adaptation to our changing society. Healthcare is expensive...more so now than in the past. And it is sometimes very difficult for newly graduated young adults, either from highschool or college, to be able to find a job that either offers health insurance or that pays enough to purchase private health insurance.

Wonder why that is the power of bloated government,sanctions called regulations surely not as Obama supporters would say government has "nothing to do with anything".

With the insurance mandate coming up (whether you agree with it or not), it would place an unfair burden on young adults to be expected to come up with qualified insurance so quickly out of their education

Correct I do not agree with government mandates of corporate products be it health insurance,education, or alternative energy.

If supporting this makes me mentally challenged...I must question the mental status of the person doing the judging of my own mental status.

Guess we all get to sit here and judge them mental faculties of the op who created a thread to smear a gop member.

Aint that great how that works?

Yep there are those things called facts leftists always have a problem with.

like these facts here

useconomy.about.com...

more facts here:

www.usdebtclock.org...

more facts here

money.cnn.com...

That facts just between SS,medicare,medicaid over 100 million Americans on the single largest "Care provider" in the world.

There was a little thing called a recession that Obama inherited.

He inherited nothing he wanted the job he ran for the job he got the job and if people really want to play this game Bush inherited Clintons mess ending glass segal etc.

There is also the fact that Bush's last budget hugely increased spending. And there is also the fact that Obama has increased federal spending by the smallest amount in recent history.

That really is laughable how so entitlement spending double under the current adminstration the creation of the CPB, the expansion of the federal rerserve powers,increase the powers of the epa and the list goes on.,

Seems to me since 1935 the robin hood complex hasn't erased poverty in America but expanded it to where never before in this nation more people are consuming the wealth of others instead of making their own long term wealth..

That is not for anyone to decide not government not you there is this little thing call property rights where the people who earn their money are the only ones who are "entitled" to it.

Considering half of America has zero tax liability and they are the ones who are receiving the most "benefits" than they pay in to where is all that "fair crap " at?

Come on now Fair share Fair play and all that jazz.

Rather obvious who is the mentally challenged
edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Did you mean "Obama Care" instead of "insurance mandate"? I thought Obama Care was to make health care insurance affordable to EVERYONE! Apparently you are back peddling on this one?

Sure, you can have it your way if you'd like. They can be kicked off their parents insurance and then get the government subsidies to make insurance affordable for them.

So your choice...have their parents pay for them until they are 26...or you can pay for them with your taxes...your choice I guess.

and maybe it was a recession that Obama inherited, but he did a fine job turning it into a depression and have the media lie to us telling us things are getting better! Are you kidding me?

We never went into a depression...words mean things...you just can't throw them around without meaning.

And yes...we are doing better than we were at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009. That doesn't mean every individual is...that means as a whole we are.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That facts just between SS,medicare,medicaid over 100 million Americans on the single largest "Care provider" in the world.

Ok...and I don't have a problem with that. In fact...I think we should be on single payer anyway so this really doesn't bother me.

You know...just like all the other industrialized countries are. Oh wait...but that makes me mentally challenged...because you don't agree with that policy

Do you even understand what you are doing???

Seems to me since 1935 the robin hood complex hasn't erased poverty in America but expanded it to where never before in this nation more people are consuming the wealth of others instead of making their own long term wealth..

We've been experimenting with trickle down economics for the past decade or so....and look at that...the middle class has been destroyed.

I don't agree with the philosophy behind trickle down economics, I think it is a policy that only benefits the wealthy. You can think otherwise...that's fine...I won't even call you mentally challenged because of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Sure, you can have it your way if you'd like. They can be kicked off their parents insurance and then get the government subsidies to make insurance affordable for them.

Awesome! I am glad you admitted that the idea of healthcare to be affordable to all is nothing but fraud and doublespeak!

We never went into a depression...words mean things...you just can't throw them around without meaning.

And yes...we are doing better than we were at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009. That doesn't mean every individual is...that means as a whole we are.

So that means you believe what your told??? Or you're so out of touch to actually go out and get to know how people are struggling around you?

I find it funny that your think we are better off as a whole while the world is crumbling around us! It either means you are living in a fantasy land, or you are on ATS to just spread propaganda in support of our current POTUS! Which is it? I mean you can't tell me in one sentence that we are doing good "as a whole" while watching the rest of the world crumble around us, and yet, come across as naive to think that nothing will happen to us!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ok...and I don't have a problem with that. In fact...I think we should be on single payer anyway so this really doesn't bother me.

Really no problems with that alrightie then guess you wouldn't have a problem with all the big oil companies formed one giant one stop the only stop to get your gas.

Nowhere else to go No competetion and they can charge whatever the hell they wanted.

That's nice.

We've been experimenting with trickle down economics for the past decade or so....and look at that...the middle class has been destroyed.

Trickle down is working just fine in China millions of Chinese employed the US borrowing money from them Americans buying all that Chinese crap and then turn around and cry gimme a job,gimme free home,gimme a free education, gimme free healthcare.

But then agian the reason those Americans companies are in China is because oh damn guess what ?

It's cheaper to have a product made 10,000 miles away and shipped here than it is to have the same damn thing made 1 mile away.

Go figure!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Awesome! I am glad you admitted that the idea of healthcare to be affordable to all is nothing but fraud and doublespeak!

I did???

Let me re-read my comments......nope....I sure didn't.

So that means you believe what your told??? Or you're so out of touch to actually go out and get to know how people are struggling around you?

People will always be struggling...if you are waiting for the time where there is no struggle anywhere in the country or the world...then I don't think it is I living in a fantasy world.

Tell me something...are we adding more jobs than we were at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009???? Remember...we were losing millions of jobs then...so if we are at least adding one job...we are doing "better". Is the unemployment rate in free fall like it was in 2008/2009? How about the stock market...is that crashing still??? Corporate profits??? Home sales??? GDP???

See....words mean things..."better" has a specific meaning...you might want to look it up, because I think you are confused as to what the definition is. But here is a hint..."better" does not mean "perfect" or "fantastic" or "booming".

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really no problems with that alrightie then guess you wouldn't have a problem with all the big oil companies formed one giant one stop the only stop to get your gas.

Nowhere else to go No competetion and they can charge whatever the hell they wanted.

That's nice.

Under a private company...no...I'm not fine with that.

Nationalized under a government...yep...I'm fine with that.

Oh no...someone has a different opinion than you do...they must be mentally challenged

Trickle down is working just fine in China millions of Chinese employed the US borrowing money from them Americans buying all that Chinese crap and then turn around and cry gimme a job,gimme free home,gimme a free education, gimme free healthcare.

So you want our economic model to be like China...I hear the pay and working conditions are doing GREAT over there

Honestly...is this seriously your defense of trickle down economics....China???

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Under a private company...no...I'm not fine with that. Nationalized under a government...yep...I'm fine with that.

Yay! and the government has done such a wonderful job running SS,Medicare,Medcaid!!!

I'm stoked!

The Republic is SAVED!

So you want our economic model to be like China...I hear the pay and working conditions are doing GREAT over there

Golf clap for twisting that post to the liberal agenda!

Well done!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join