It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban threatens to kill Imran Khan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Taliban threatens to kill Imran Khan

www.abc.net.au

The Pakistani Taliban has threatened to kill cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan if he goes ahead with a mass protest against US drone attacks.

Imran Khan is planning to lead thousands of his supporters in a march to the Waziristan region of Pakistan in September to demonstrate against the drone attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ironic Headline

Mass march in protest of Drone strikes, got hit by drone strike.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by victor7
This man is not religious enough? that is nonsense reason to kill someone.

it has always been a good reason - christians have been doing it for 1700 years or so at least

Oh please. Of course they have. And oranges are orange.

Religion isn't what divides people. It is people that divide people. We just don't like differences, so we parse ourselves by differences. Within a culture there is class structure in every society on the planet. This class structure...that is us parsing ourselves into groups (strength in numbers).

As a kid, how many loyalties do you have? School spirit, city/state/national pride? Race? Gender? We all find pride in the things that we feel that we are, the things we identify with. And this provides us ego.

This is why you see religions killing each other. Strength in numbers. Gotta keep that ego alive.

I would disagree. Religion is also created by man. And in the religious texts you find God ordering division amongst peoples as well. The Bible in particular is a prime example.

People to this continue to kill for these same religious reasons. Is that not why the Israelis of today have tried to uproot the palestines? I mean, isn't that the foundation of their argument? Every time I hear their argument, I hear them at some point say that God gave them that land. That Israel was given to the Jews by God.

Many many divisions in the Bible and the religions that have grew around it with their own divisions....

So no, religion may not be the first cause of divisions amongst the people. But it certainly is taught and does play a role.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by insaan

In any scenario, Talibian is a murderous, terrorist and criminal organization and should be treated like one. They are into hurting common peoples basic of the basic freedoms, peddling drugs to finance terrorism all around the world and installing fear into the minds of people not yet into their fanatic 500 AD mindset.

Compare the Taliban to CIA or US Military then once you have done making the comparison tell me which one is more murderous, terrorist and criminal.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by insaan

no time to conduct comparison although your point might have some partial validity. what goes on behind the scenes is not known to common person.

still us military does not go around oppressing people's basic human freedoms and throwing acid on the faces of girls who want to go to school and learn atleast to read and write.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by insaan

reply to post by insaan

In any scenario, Talibian is a murderous, terrorist and criminal organization and should be treated like one. They are into hurting common peoples basic of the basic freedoms, peddling drugs to finance terrorism all around the world and installing fear into the minds of people not yet into their fanatic 500 AD mindset.

Compare the Taliban to CIA or US Military then once you have done making the comparison tell me which one is more murderous, terrorist and criminal.

You do realize that once we took control of Afghanistan that opium production has gone up tenfold right?
You do realize that our nation is the first to ever use chemical warfare on innocent women and children killing hundreds of thousands right?
You do realize we're responsible for a death count in the millions and growing daily just by our military actions over the last ten years right?
You do realize we've killed hundreds of millions over the last 30 years with our trade embargos alone In the name of corporatism right?
You do realize we are the only nation to totally obliterate cities and civilians with the use of Atomic weapons right?
You do realize we have polluted nations waters and crops through the use of depleted uranium ammunition and increased occupied nations cancer rates tenfold right?

The truth is there is no level that nations won't stoop down too in order to fulfill their agenda. The only difference is that our aggressions are gift wrapped into nice little CNN sound bits that leave you all warm and comfy inside or just never brought to media attention in the first place.

And I haven't even nicked the tip of the iceberg.

Put down the clicker and pick up a book. Acid in the face, as disgusting and horrible as it is, ain't got # on what we do.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
[You do realize that once we took control of Afghanistan that opium production has gone up tenfold right?

Only over hte Taliban restrictions - which they had not applied uniformly over their entire reign - they were happy to have a bumper crop of 4500 tons in 1999, and it was only in conjunction with the UN that they decided to declare teh production "un-islamic", resulting in a 91% drop.

Ironic huh...the UN and Taliban working together to cut opium production??

You do realize that our nation is the first to ever use chemical warfare on innocent women and children killing hundreds of thousands right?

By "our nation" I presume you mean hte USA (which isn't my nation)?

If so - how and when??

You do realize we're responsible for a death count in the millions and growing daily just by our military actions over the last ten years right?

milions? really? source?

You do realize we've killed hundreds of millions over the last 30 years with our trade embargos alone In the name of corporatism right?

HUNDREDS of millions??
Hdn't heard that - so again - source??

You do realize we are the only nation to totally obliterate cities and civilians with the use of Atomic weapons right?

Yep - 2 off, in 1945...not that it was unjustified of cours - they probably saved millions of deaths

You do realize we have polluted nations waters and crops through the use of depleted uranium ammunition and increased occupied nations cancer rates tenfold right?

Tenfold huh? sources?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

reply to post by insaan

no time to conduct comparison although your point might have some partial validity. what goes on behind the scenes is not known to common person.

still us military does not go around oppressing people's basic human freedoms and throwing acid on the faces of girls who want to go to school and learn atleast to read and write.

Throwing acid on people's face happens everywhere in the world, but I don't see CNN or BBC blaming any government or group of people for acid attacks other than Taliban. ODD? No, not at all, because propaganda will remain propaganda, those who swallow it will remain ignorant.

The Taliban are not against women or girls going to school, in the other hand "war" is. When you have a society being destroyed by war, don't expect boys or girls to get any education.

I find it odd that you talk about girls, as if girls are the only people facing shortcomings when it comes to education in Afghanistan. Why do you suppose the most intelligent Afghan individuals are always in America or Europe? Who benefits from that? Surely not the Taliban. Heard of the term "brain drain"?

So think before you speak. The Taliban are not against education for women, they are against the environment which the education system is built on, for example the Taliban do not want men and women to mix. This is according to Pashtun culture, which dictates that men and women should not mix or socialize. I wonder if you even knew that?

That being said, if you believe USA is not going around oppressing people then you don't know what oppression means. Ask an Afghan man who lost his family under a US bomb, including all hist children, ask him if he feels oppressed.

I'm not even going to discuss the sick tortures that people around the world have faced under US military and CIA, let's leave at that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

That was extremely well stated.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I would disagree. Religion is also created by man. And in the religious texts you find God ordering division amongst peoples as well. The Bible in particular is a prime example.

People to this continue to kill for these same religious reasons. Is that not why the Israelis of today have tried to uproot the palestines? I mean, isn't that the foundation of their argument? Every time I hear their argument, I hear them at some point say that God gave them that land. That Israel was given to the Jews by God.

Many many divisions in the Bible and the religions that have grew around it with their own divisions....

So no, religion may not be the first cause of divisions amongst the people. But it certainly is taught and does play a role.

Yes. Religion is used to divide. But that is because it is created by man, and it is meant to divide.

It was common in the "old days" to be xenophobic. It still happens among far flung peoples who don't see new folks very often. Outsiders are not welcome. This was true of Judaism. Even today, there are taboos against marrying a non-jew among more traditional jewish people.

Man prefers to be divided. Religion is a tool to achieve this. The same can be said about race, gender, weight, speed....anything that a person can take pride in, they can use to parse themselves off with.

I have never had a Jewish person use the rationale of "God gave us that land" on me before (although I have heard many people say that they have been witness to it). I suppose if I did, all I would be able to do is laugh and walk away.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

[You do realize that once we took control of Afghanistan that opium production has gone up tenfold right?

Only over hte Taliban restrictions - which they had not applied uniformly over their entire reign - they were happy to have a bumper crop of 4500 tons in 1999, and it was only in conjunction with the UN that they decided to declare teh production "un-islamic", resulting in a 91% drop.

Ironic huh...the UN and Taliban working together to cut opium production??

By "our nation" I presume you mean hte USA (which isn't my nation)?

If so - how and when??

milions? really? source?

HUNDREDS of millions??
Hdn't heard that - so again - source??

Yep - 2 off, in 1945...not that it was unjustified of cours - they probably saved millions of deaths

Tenfold huh? sources?

Ugh, ok, you really want me to do the homework? I have a general rule of not putting more than five minutes into a text. Especially because they just get over looked by the majority of people on the site. There's so many interesting topics, most of us have the tendancy to skim. But being that I enjoy your postings when I come across them because you put time and energy into each one, I will take this time to source it for you.

I've come to agree with many of your skeptical viewpoints on other topics. So I've been chomping at the bit to match wits with you.

Ohh, and by the way. Forgive me if I don't utilize the fancy quotations and source boxes and all the other nice features of this site, I am still just a lowly noob.

Ok, first question.
Q: When and where did we use chemical warfare on women and children?
A: the agenda to exterminate Is very well documented, Aside from using chemical warfare. The American military and various state governments also used starvation, sterilization and mass executions as forms of genocide in order to exterminate the indian population. These atrocities occured for many years, the most well documented atrocities occuring after 1763. So if you wanna Google a year, that's a good place to start.
If we keep the context of my previous texts, I was arguing that brutality of the American government specifically but generally labeling ALL nations as having no restrictions in their depravity. That being said, "Hundreds of thousands" is not entirely accurate. It would actually be in the millions If we just consider the American Indians alone. I think the fact that THERE'S BARELY ANY DAMN AMERICAN INDIANS LEFT would be "source" enough for you. But, If you must try these reads and/or searches:

Memi, Albert, The Colonizer and the Colonized, Boston: Beacon Press, 1965:
Susan Brill, Bradley U. (brill@bradley.edu) Discussion group regarding the genocide of Native peoples.
Federal Indian Policy mercury.sfsu.edu.cypher.genocide.html....#children

There's literally hundreds of searches (no I didn't "count" them) you could do on this subject. For the sake of argument, next time, do a quick search before you have me do all this pointless legwork.

Q: "Source" Millions of death in the overseas wars due to US military occupation.
A: For space saving reasons I'll send you one link. It's from Reuters. And If you do not know, that is one of the most respected news authorities in the world and most news is derived from reuters (No I don't have stats on that). www.projectcensored.org...
If you desire further information regarding MILLIONS of afghanistan and Iraqi deaths then do reuters searches. And please don't throw UN casualty counts in my face. They don't include and casualties other than those confirmed by bombings and gunfire. An Ungodly low and inaccurate count.

To be continued...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Your argument has several false facts. There is no end to arguing with your types as you will throw many other flse facts to just argue. Worst, in turn you are blaming the US for oppression of peoples around the world.

Very few will support Talibian and their 500 AD type logic. These types should be sent to serve Talibian and feel for themselves what it is like at live in 500 AD culture. Btw, no internet either to argue posing false facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by insaan

Your argument has several false facts. There is no end to arguing with your types as you will throw many other flse facts to just argue. Worst, in turn you are blaming the US for oppression of peoples around the world.

Very few will support Talibian and their 500 AD type logic. These types should be sent to serve Talibian and feel for themselves what it is like at live in 500 AD culture. Btw, no internet either to argue posing false facts.

You didn't point out my false facts.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Ok, where were we?

Q: Source "hundreds Of Millions" dead from trade embargoes etc..
A: The only real mistake I made in this claim was my "30 years statement". That shoulda been "50 years" as I was going all the way back to the beginning of the Cuba trade embargoes. And quite frankly, I'm still stuck in the 90's. This is a figure that I cannot pinpoint nor can anybody else for sure as that would require we tally every man woman and child dead over 50 years from UN and US sanctions imposed on over 30 countries. That's every person that died from lack of medicine, lack of power, lack of food etc etc that has been due to trade sanctions.
Sanctions are by far the most heinous tactics of war because they literally starve a nation to death. They cause massive uprisings that result in even more deaths etc etc. The number is incalculbly high. But here's a starter for you if your interested.
reason.com...

You can derive many search possibilities from that article alone if your creative. If you feel I haven't argued this point enough. Let me know, I could go on and on about embargo deaths. We could even take count! Maybe through an online chat!

Q: Hiroshima And Nagasaki
A: I can't really prove anymore on this cause you agree. But to say it saved millions of people because we nuked thousands of innocent civilians? Well, That's your opinion. I say your F@ucking warped in your mind. That's my opinion.

Q: Depleted Uranium related deaths Tenfold?
A: Ok, this is an easy one. Any nation that has no nuclear capabilities whatsoever is not likely to have depleted Uranium right? So, If I went over there and dropped a pound right there in the sand. That would be a tenfold increase right? hell, I could call it a hundredfold increase if I wanted. Truth is. There was no depleted Uranium to start with and now there is. And along with that has come higher still born rates, higher cancer rates, higher mutation rates etc etc.. Much much higher. Again google search depleted uranium and do a little study. Don't make me do it all for you. You'll find that "ten fold" is an understatement.
www.globalresearch.ca...
There's a start as to what it's done to just the US troops alone. And that website is funded by the UN. How Ironic.

So, in your reply, if there is one. Please make it well thought out. I don't want to do anymore quoting and sourcing. You have no argument here, and if you take the context of the argument into consideration, which was that "the Taliban is much worse than the CIA or FBI or military". then you would find that when it comes to total deaths related to US foreign policy alone, my numbers are SEVERELY UNDERSTATED!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Sorry... I forgot your first topic. Opium production... You couldn't be further from the truth. It's overhwelmingly true that it's done nothing but increase since 2001! How about you name your source this time?

www.nytimes.com...
www.unodc.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Let me correct myself a little here. US does also oppress but not like Talibian, may be 1/20th in terms of intensity. For example, the US opposition to communism was called anti human and cruel but when it was all over the world came to realize how much better it was without the commie logic. Ask someone living in Eastern Europe how was it to live in a big jail where you struggle hard to even basis of the basic needs.

Regarding false facts, they will open another few topics for arguments. Will leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Insaan you bring up a good point in your argument. You give the Taliban some "personality" which is severally lacking nowadays. Not to say they don't do horrible things. They do, But they're not the Evil people the news portrays them as. Not generally speaking anyway.

Your statements remind me of when we we're allied with them in the early 90's. Rambo III was all about saving the Poor Mujahadeen against the overly aggressive and sadistic russians. Remember that guys!?!? That was back in the day when we were giving them surface to air missle capacity to shoot down russian planes! Remember how brave and honorable the Taliban was in that movie!? Lol, now look at the way their portrayed. I don't know which is true but I do know this, The government influences every facet of our culture to make us believe whatever they want. Weather we're informed of that being so or not, we're ALL controlled.
edit on 8/10/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Where in the world do you live Victor7? Communism isn't dead! It's taken over the Whole dam world!? Christ! Let me come to your Island and live free with you!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join