It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

It comes down to this: we follow a certain path because the truth is uncomfortable but more readily proven quite valid. You follow your path because the truth is comfortable but ultimately feeds into itself, meaning that proof may never be found but as long as you hold steady, you become your own rock.

You've chosen to hide in the cave and trust that you're not alone, and we've chosen to explore the world and use what we find to help us. You think that you're safe inside the cave, and we'll be deceived and ultimately broken out in the jungle.

Who, in the end, will know more? Who, in the end, will have the experience and the knowledge to say what's what? The man in the cave, or the man who spent years exploring the jungle, despite the pumas and cougars and jaguars or whatever that stalk the bushes? There's a certain benefit to tempting the devil.

After all, you can't know unless you try. And you, I'm afraid, have never tried. Either that, or you did and didn't like the answers you got. That's a problem you'll have to solve on your own.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
Is it not some irony that Islam is looking to come on the side of the Adventist...

Considering the mysoginistic and homophobic prediclitions of the majority of the ascribers to this religion I personally would not be touting any type of affiliation or moral and spiritual support.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

What is 'rich' about it. He is a secular investigative journalist who has been hot on the trail of the corruption of the NWO/Vatican system for a number of years...he has previously mentioned in his newsletters that the FEMA camps are meant for the Christians. Just in the last 2 days he presents video content for the first time from purely Adventist research and doctrinal message. This guy is out searching for the truth an exposing corruption from a secular perspective and ends up using Adventist content...WHY IS THAT (a question for you to ponder properly)

That could very well be, others have said the FEMA camps were for Christians too, and they say it all the time themselves, so it must be true.
I know the camps exist, I have seen one. Seen many photos. You have to ask yourself, why would the leaders of our country wish to lock up Christians, if the Christians were not seen as Extremists? Take a look:
Religious Extremism in America

Having spent much of my life in the rural South, much of it (including the minivan whose photo adorns the top of this post) strikes me as perfectly normal. But Pat Robertson, much less Damon Thompson and Darlene Bishop, just strike me as nuts. Their followings, however, are not insignificant.

I consider Bachmann extreme because, among other reasons, she and her husband Marcus run a clinic that purports to help homosexuals “cure” themselves of their “affliction.” While I’m well aware that large number of people think such a thing is possible, it’s so wildly bizarre that it can’t possibly be considered mainstream.

One of the things that distinguishes Christianity, especially the American variants, from the brand of Islam practiced in much of the Middle East and North Africa, is that it constantly evolves with the social and political culture. Beliefs that were perfectly mainstream half a century ago–much less centuries ago–have been adapted if not outright rejected to comport with the social realities of the times.
source
Religious Movements, no matter the name, or sect, that teach things such as racial superiority, superior knowledge of God, fanatic religious beliefs or practices, or harbor radical political views are seen as extremist in the eyes of the law.

Religious Extremism in America

Reports: Anti-Islam video linked to Christian extremists in US

Christians are not alone here, either.....
FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists

Ask yourself Auto, why are Islamic sites now quoting Ellen White and saying that the Seventh-Day Adventist people are the People of the Book that they were foretold about would arise from God during the last days period???

I have considered that premise, but then I consider extremist Islam just as brainwashed as their Christian counterparts. They can quote each other all they want to, it doesn't change anything. So what if you are the "people of the book?" By that very statement you leave out everyone else, so why try and try to gain converts? You plainly have a way that pleases you to no end, why is it so important to you that I, and others, adhere to your way of thinking and practice, and belief?

My path Auto of Adventism can link all of Judaism (because we keep the 10 commandments), all of Christendom (because we are the only ones, according to Rome, actually following the Bible fully) and Islam (we are not considered unclean like the rest of the Christians because of our dietary practices - no alcohol, pork ect.) under the Creator of the Universe. The main opposition is Rome, lack of knowledge and people thinking themselves divine and in no need of redemption. Abrahamic religions are not an issue that Adventists can't overcome...it is all those other paths which all Abrahamic religions would consider to be false paths which is where division is really draw.

That, my friend, is elitist talk.
I too have my own way, path, and so on, but I would never set myself up as being the only one one on the right, true, and correct path as you have here. I do in fact hold my own truths dear to heart, but realize, of logical thought, that my truth is not everybody's truth. In other words, I may not have a complete lock on it, and probably do not, as it it not yet time for me to know all things.
You can sit that horse of superiority, my friend, and I sincerely hope it plays well for you. I myself have other plans, in other places, and in other Universes.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
That, my friend, is elitist talk.
I too have my own way, path, and so on, but I would never set myself up as being the only one one on the right, true, and correct path as you have here. I do in fact hold my own truths dear to heart, but realize, of logical thought, that my truth is not everybody's truth. In other words, I may not have a complete lock on it, and probably do not, as it it not yet time for me to know all things.
You can sit that horse of superiority, my friend, and I sincerely hope it plays well for you. I myself have other plans, in other places, and in other Universes.

Summed up my thoughts quite nicely. Perhaps we have shared a glass of tea in another life?
Next time, we will have a beer.
edit on 13-9-2012 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus is a beer hoarder. A crime of the highest level. Justice must be served!!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Perhaps we have shared a glass of tea in another life?

Perhaps so, I have recognized many people in this life that I knew in other lives, including my wife, who saw me first. I have lived many lives on this planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Not ALL.
The flood story is Sumerian and predates the Bible. It's obvious that the Bible story is a re-write, AND geared to make it's readers fear the wrath of God.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

People love it when God gets angry. An angry god is a thousand times better than an indifferent god, a god who would just as soon walk away and forget about us.

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join