It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Careful, that's the same point we were at when the mods cracked down on the off-topic bit.

Theosophy is an objective viewpoint, whereas Christianity is subjective. And then, they're encouraged to stick to only one tiny corner of subjective. One uses hypnotic processes, the other does not. One uses Pavlov techniques, the other doesn't.

To me, the choice was clear. I'd never even consider going back.
edit on 10-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Or, I see it as 'God' or lets just say Supreme Overlord, got upset that people found out that they didn't need him to control them, and threw a fit when someone helped them. So he murders lots of people and then blames the real good guy...Sounds ridiculously like our U.S. Government.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I was a Christian only for a very small portion of my youth, till I reached the age of about 12-13. I remained an agnostic/atheist for about a good four years or so, until I finally worked out why. I just hadn't found Theosophy yet. It's been about two years since I really started my journey, and I must profess I have progressed so much in such a short period of time. I can barely imagine what I could learn and do with all the time in the world in my hands.
edit on 10-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I get the Great Work toward the Hermetic Renascence. It is failing, specifically because of your reasoning. Men will not follow the Law. Tyranny is the result and obligation of law to control thieves. When tyranny reigns, we can be sure the thieves are the ones in charge of law. In this case, they are using the law to protect themselves against the masses huddled around truth. The History of the Masons and Rosecutions is clearly seen in any textbook you want to read. I am working through The Master Game by Hancock/Bauval right now. This is one of many that tell the same story of man seeking to overcome the church and God. Since the enemies enemy is the friend, the church is infiltrated as well. All the while, the people who are manipulated continue to suffer for their reward. The work to build the NWO is simply the work to arrive at a Hermetic Renascence of humanism. This is precisely what Enoch I, Jude 1, Revelation, Jasher, the Book of Jubilees and even Asclepius have outlined. Hermes even gave a prophecy on the topic. THREAD

How much time do you suppose is left for this mess to continue? A Mason takes a ship 33.33 degrees East and 33.33 degrees south. If he had started at the zero point and traveled in a straight line, how many nautical miles would he travel? 2012.9 miles. Mt. Hermon is 33.33 X 33.33 on the map. What happened there 6000 years ago at that location? If you know, then you know why the next event took place on that specific time and date.

Jesus was crucified on a Pagan Cross on April 3, 33 AD at 3:33 pm. At each step, we must see the reflection in the mirror and decide which truth we follow. The one that agrees with truth or the one that only agrees with the lie.

Who's side of the reflection do you think God will reveal on judgment day?

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The trend in Theosophy is to deny Christ at all costs. That tells me all I need to know about their source of inspiration.

As a theosophist, I can tell you right now, you're absurd. I don't seek to deny JESUS (not Christ...that's not his last name, that came later, if you knew your history at all) I admire the character's work. His existence or fabrication is neither here nor there, because his life lessons in either case are something we can all learn from. However, that's as far as it goes.

I am of the firm conviction that it is up to US to keep the world safe, not Jesus. He is not going to fall from the sky. You guys take that s**t way too literally...extremely obtuse, for a species with such intelligence. It's like you CHOOSE to be dumb.

Anyway, we don't seek to deny Jesus. We seek to deny your DEPENDENCE on him. There's a difference between looking to him for examples, and relying on him to save this planet. Is that clear enough?

edit on 10-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Do you call the cross pagan, because it is yet another symbol representing the balance of feminine and masculine energies?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Jesus was crucified on a Pagan Cross on April 3, 33 AD at 3:33 pm.

OK, I am afraid I cannot take it anymore.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Meaning Lie.

There is no way anyone on earth knows to the minute what happened 250 years ago, let alone 33 AD.
Please don't insult our intelligence like this.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Meaning Lie.

There is no way anyone on earth knows to the minute what happened 250 years ago, let alone 33 AD.

Fortunately, there is a marker (Revelation 12), an alignment in the stars and an eclipse.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Meaning Lie. There is no way anyone on earth knows to the minute what happened 250 years ago, let alone 33 AD. Please don't insult our intelligence like this.

Especially, watch this 7th video where he really gets to the meat of what he is saying. This guy has covered the territory and left no stone unturned.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Meaning Lie.

Actually, it was this part where he gives the time.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here is the DVD extra that then shows the view from the moon at 3:33. He says 3:00pm. Either way, we are speaking of a timeframe of 33 minutes to be on the cross as passed from life. The irony in this when considering the fallen Angels at Mt. Hermon is jaw dropping. How anyone can miss this as evidence I will never understand.

Meaning Lie.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Do you call the cross pagan, because it is yet another symbol representing the balance of feminine and masculine energies?

I did an article on this. Check my signature link on two crossed sticks. The Mysteries are all derived from Adam before the flood. Pagans took the original and changed the mystery by polarity. The cross was then used as the ultimate purpose and reflection of what it represented. Consult my article. It is hidden in the linguistics of the Hebrew language.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
To those deceived by the lies of "Lucifer, the light (truth) bearer"

The truth will NEVER make any sense...
Yeah, I know it doesn't make any sense. What's more, even when challenged, the religious crowd cannot show even one lie told by Satan, or one human being harmed by Lucifer. Not one. And yet we are supposed to believe this is the Father of Evil?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

It's because these people aren't searching for truth; they are searching for security.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
To those deceived by the lies of "Lucifer, the light (truth) bearer" The truth will NEVER make any sense...

Originally posted by autowrench
Yeah, I know it doesn't make any sense...

Thank you...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

No, he called it Pagan because it was Pagan.

What is the origin of the cross?

The cross was not widely used in mainstream Christianity until the time of the Roman emperor Constantine—about 300 years after Christ established His Church.

According to the book Babylon Mystery Religion, the cross originated among the ancient Babylonians of Chaldea. From there, it spread to ancient China, India, Mexico, parts of Africa and other places, centuries before Christianity was born.

Notice: “Ages ago in Italy, before the people knew anything of the arts of civilization, they believed in the cross as a religious symbol. It was regarded as a protector and was placed upon tombs. In 46 B.C., Roman coins show Jupiter holding a long scepter terminating in a cross. The Vestal Virgins of pagan Rome wore the cross suspended from their necklaces, as the nuns of the Roman Catholic church do now” (p. 51).

According to Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, the shape of the cross “had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the initial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands, including Egypt.

rcg.org...

The Pagan Origins of the Cross

The Cross

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I meant that more along the lines if that is what he considered Pagan. Thanks for the clarification, although I find the Cross to be a counterfeit of the Swastika, both representing similarities in their symbolism of the balance in Yin/Yang.

edit on 10-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusWillReturn
A lot of ministers now a days are in it for the money. Not to do God's will. I believe that true Christians need to start rising up. Instead of letting fake ones lead people and peoples opinons of us and most importantly God astray.

But, your religion won't let you cast the first stone against the ministers you speak of. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Put this into your context and chew on it. The Bible is written in what is essentually an allegoric code. Allegory has an "above" and a "below". The "good" is in the literal meaning, while the "evil" is in the hidden meanings. Efforts that can lead to the discovery of the hidden meanings are naturally going to classified as evil.

Nor is this code employed only by those using the cloak of religion. Greek Philosophy is all about allegoric principles and metaphoric meanings. This code is the main topic of discussion within esoteric groups. Each real world idea can be represented in multiple ways, so while it may appear that the Alchemist and the Kabbalist are talking about different things, they are not. They are merely placing stress on different sets of metaphors.

It is this code that has been used to create the "Matrix". If you want to know who the terrorist "V" really was, take a walk down the Via Dolorosa. If a certain "machine" comes up from below, it could easily rip the facade from the Church. Crack this code and you have the power to change the world (provided you can get past the "Johns", the "Friends", the "Tax Collecters" and the defenders of the "Peace"). This is the key to everything.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

I have two questions:

One, I was working on a theory a while ago that the sun's magnetic field and the Earth's magnetic field would overlap and cause severe damage to our DNA structure. Are the alien abductions actually attempts by higher beings to inject reparative DNA into selected individuals, so that a select group of survivors through tampering and inheritance would survive a magnetic wipeout?

Two, I'd actually heard that the exerimentation that caused the intellectual reset was the result of left-brained humans, the remnants of the Luciferian Experiment (severing oneself from the unity of the universe) teleporting to Earth using an artificial Merkahabah. When they weren't happy with Earth, they attempted to take control of the entire world using ANOTHER artificial Merkahbah...it would have worked, if they hadn't forgotten exactly how to do it. As a result a dimensional rip allowed thousands of unsuited energies access to our planes, and we were bombarded by a total flood of disease and malcontent. It threw the magnetic field off course, and three days of darkness plunged us to the very bottom of the ladder once again.

Fortunately, a few more-studied beings survived the wipe, and they've been working on getting our world back to par before we can get wiped again.

Have you heard any of this?

No, this is the first time. But I don't know if I believe it personally. If we totally lost the magnetic field, nothing would save us to my knowledge. Life as we know it would not withstand the constant bombardment of radiation that we would suffer from losing the magnetic field. Now, yes, I have wondered if there are such things as space-dwelling creatures that live in the complete anaerobic environment of space, living there kinda like fish in the sea, but I do not know if it is possible. I was fascinated by Farscape's presentation of a sort-of biomechonoid "living ship" and it got me wondering if biological creatures could develop to such as status and such, or if aliens' ships are not what we would consider "alive" whether by infusing them with a kinda artificial intelligence or if they were not also partially biological in parts or even totally biological, perhaps. I dunno. I have never seen a UFO up close and personal, nor been in one. Perhaps some species prefer mechanical ships, while others a more varied partial biological to biomechinoid. I have seen videos of the alleged "Space Serpents," so I think it might be possible. So, unless the DNA tampering would alter us enough to be like these sorts of creatures that could live in the harsh environment of space, I don't know if it would help, in all reality.

I kinda have a lot of Christian influences in myself... I mean I did grow up FLDS, practically brainwashed till I was about 19. If not for that, I don't know what my doctrines would be. I might still commune with Lucifer, but I probably would not have connected him with that particular story and dogma. Basically, the story as to why we are plagued with such malcontent is more from YWEH's side, not Lucifer. YWEH wants us to suffer so we turn to him. We were in fact in a worse state of hell until myself and Lucifer arose to make this middle ground or crossroads as a reprieve for the tormented souls that had originally defied YWEH and condemned to terrible torture. Now, even if I may have been an influential force in causing things eventually lead up to our current condition, I do not hold any current power or anything. My inheritance was stripped and I either chose this life, it was the only one I could get, or it was forced on me. I could see why I would choose it, mind you, and I can also see how it might have been forced on me. We are made to forget our past in this state of torment so we can rise beyond it. So many of these people on earth would not be able to live with the kind of PTSD that living in that state might cause, and I did want to give them a temporary reprieve from it, and possible chance to escape from it if at all possible. However, this is NOT what I intended, and it has been tampered with. Just by who, I don't know, but I can see how YWEH would try to benefit from the tampering that has happened since I was last this much aware. I have been gone for some time. I went to the Void -- forced into a state of Second Death, but I think I am recovering. Lucifer has been trying to run things. I don't know if he even knows it's really me, (of course I don't know if I am really her either -- Asherah) or that I am really back... But it's hard being in the crossfire of so many beings who want to control things for their benefit and not allow things to be in a state of mutual love and enlightened living...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have called YWEH also Adonai. I also consider him and Allah the same being. In my video on youtube that outlines a vision and conversation with Lucifer, I refer to him as Telos, or the being who thinks its his duty to decide the purpose of all. I am not well studied on occult practices, and I don't do rituals or works in magick, but I do know from what I have seen and experienced that it is like they say out there: "As above, so below." This is to say that all parts of the universe, whether considered to be above or below suffer from similar, if not the same problems. However, I do not believe it is necessary to have the presence of evil for good to exist. Rather it is necessary for good to exist so evil can recognize that what it is doing is evil and come to change itself. Now, YWEH has proven to me that he cannot, or will not change. This is by no means a sign that he is divine or the source or any such nonsense. If one is hard-hearted, tyrannical, and cruel, even though given the opportunity to learn and grow through the things he watches and does, it does not make that being divine. Evil on its own is prone to be ignorant that what it is doing is evil. In places where evil dwells more predominantly than good, evil does not recognize that what it does is evil, because it is far too commonplace and "normal" and it is used to its ways. I started trying to make a transcript for a video concerning how the presence of evil actually detracts from experiencing good, and does little to enhance it. I compare it to mankind's concept of beauty and ugliness. It is a well-known fact that because of mankind's notion of ugliness, many very beautiful women think they are in fact fat and ugly and do terrible things to themselves because they think they are ugly when they are in fact beautiful. Because of the idea we are ugly, we hide our faces and highlight it with makeup to make it seem more appealing. We have eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia. I wanted to go into where good is necessary for evil to overcome itself and how evil alone could never be anything but evil. That is more the reason that good and evil dwell side by side: to bring those lost to evil a chance to come to a higher state of existing if they but invite change to their hearts or are touched by the actions of another given in love and kindness...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join