It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Network Dude!

I usually disagree with you on many levels, but for this you get SnF!

I've been meaning to make my own thread on the same subject, even though religion is something I usually avoid like the plague! aha.

2 days ago, I was at a bus stop where a black lady walked over next to me, she looked at me intently for a minute, then said "Hello, how are you, you...having a good day today?" In an almost timid, wary, strange manner..

After a pause I was like "Yea, not bad thank you, how are you?"

"Yes, yes, Im fine"

One minute later, the lady "Can I give you this?" At first I thought it was a flyer for music festival or something, because it was colourfull, before I could look at it properly, she said "Are you Cristian?"

My stomach dropped...One of theeeeseee conversations..

"Erm.... My family are Roman Catholic..I..." Tilted my hand and shook my hand.

She goes "Do you believe in Jesus Christ?"

"Erm... I wouldnt say either way really" ... All the while she's talking rather slow, and watching me intently, I felt pressured man!! aha.

"Do you not believe in God?" She raises an eyebrow,

"Erm... I believe in something, but im not prepared to put a lable on it"

"But Jesus in the Son of God, there is no other God..."...A few minutes of Bible babble...

All my mind was screaming to ask was "How do you see Jesus? Is he white? Black? Male? Female? How can you possibly comprehend what the "Son of God" would be?"

Of course I didnt ask her any of that, she was scary! lol.

She proceeds "Jesus died for our sin, we repent and God will accept us, but you must believe, there is no other way...Do you believe in the Devil? Who has lead man astray?"..

Me.. "Errr... no, I dont believe in the Devil, I believe man is accountable for his owns actions..we have free will..I believe theres something out there, that gave the universe the spark of life, but what that is, is incomprehendable"

Im just getting a funny stern look here.

"But man is not lead astray by him self, the devil do it! And the only way man can be redeemed is by accepting God, and christ..The time is coming soon.."

Me "You mean.... The Rapture?... The new age?.."

Her: "Yes, those who believe in God shall be free, and those who do not will suffer"..

MY BUS CAME! FREEDOM!! .... NOT! She got on with me

She made me take flyers and her phone number, to attend her church..

I was actually considering attending one, just for my own education, when I got home, I soon threw the idea out the window, as when I read through the first flyer it said;

"If you ask somebody if they believe in God, and they say they are unsure, there is nope hope, they cannot be without Jesus Christ in the Soul"

I've got the flyers at home, I was gonna post them word for for, because they are quite disturbing, currently at work, so memory will have to serve.

All I could think at home when I read that flyer was.. "That crazy bitch was judging me the whole time!!" LOL

I hope there is some sort of life after death, and its completely different from what shes exspecting! She deserves a good dose of common sense! Paha .

edit on 9-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamjar
Its probably better to replace the word "Church" with the word "Dogma" and the same "Dogma" can be used to describe any religious organisation. Most if not all root teachings of the multitude of faiths available encourage the disciple/student to question question question.

If you view the Christ story with objective eyes you can't help but notice that he was in the process of re-educating people, Judaism had stopped people seeing the divine in everything and instead imposed the view that salvation could only be achieved via a religious caste. Christ taught in the open, taught salvation through him (I have my own interpretation of what this means) he did not teach salvation through him via an intermediate agent ie: a priest.

Unfortunately the religious caste of the majority of religions has perverted and twisted the message to suit their own wants and desires, it is time to loosen the shackle imposed on us and seek truth where truth rests.

Can I get an amen?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Ah yes, if it differs in the slightest to what you are told to believe, it must be SATAN!!!!

Aha, so true.

I WISH I COULD BELIEVE.

It would save me some "God" damn headaches trying to figure this shizzle out!

I think the blind Bible sheep are lucky, they dont concern them selves with such matters.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Or, like me, by deviating from their straight and narrow path you might come to conclude that Lucifer really is not a bad guy, that he is not Satan, and that YWEH really is instead, and that his mythos has been tarnished the most horrendously because he actually embodies much of humanity's divine power of individual creation, freethought, and free-will. Of course, most of the old gods were demonized by Christianity and still are... and now ALIENS are being said to be demons and nephilim which also shows how racist, speciesist, and separatist they are in their minds and hearts from listening to their scriptures. Just sayin, you wander from the straight and narrow, you find the Pathless Path, or the path of Lucifer. The Path that leads to Truth regardless of where you wander it. Lucifer says when he mentioned any relationship with a father in the original Gnostic texts of his manifestation as Christ, he was actually talking about a relationship with the Truth, in the fact that no being is higher than the Truth, not even YWEH, and that he considers the Truth his father. "When you come to know yourselves, you will find that you are sons of the living father." In other words, when you come to know yourselves, you will come to know that you are children of the Truth, and come to realize that you are not mere puppets designed for any god's pleasure. He wants us all to ignite the Divine Spark and find our own divinity within. If that means defying a being who has tried repeatedly to prove that he can alter the Truth and even makes such bold claims that HE IS the Truth, then so be it...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Ah yes, if it differs in the slightest to what you are told to believe, it must be SATAN!!!!

Aha, so true.

I WISH I COULD BELIEVE.

It would save me some "God" damn headaches trying to figure this shizzle out!

I think the blind Bible sheep are lucky, they dont concern them selves with such matters.

BAAAH!!!!

You guys, please, do your research.

Blavatsky and Crowley were both Satanists, in that they believed that organised religion had it wrong, and were praying to the wrong god.

So yes, Blavatsky's was Satanist in the fact that she thought we were god personified and that the serpent was the one who freed us from gods grasp.

So tbh you guys are the ignorant ones here...

There is a difference between Satanism and Luciferianism.

Satanism = You are god
Luciferianism = Lucifer is god, and you worship him.

Deny Ignorance much ?

Namaste.
edit on 9/8/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I certainly don't know what the correct answer is, and that is my point to all of this. None of us do. That little old lady is doing what her church told her would help. After all, somewhere in the bible, it says to pester everyone and make them believe as you do. (actually it doesn't say that, but that's how some folks take it)

I think if these people didn't have such an abrasive approach, their message would be much easier to comprehend. Like you, when I hear how I have to follow step 1 through 5 to save my soul, otherwise I am destined for hell, I get a bit put off.

You are a good person. And even if you don't agree with me, I like you.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

After all, somewhere in the bible, it says to pester everyone and make them believe as you do. (actually it doesn't say that, but that's how some folks take it)

Actually, it does to them. Christians take "the great commission" very seriously. It is a commandment from Jesus, not a request.

Matt 28:19-20

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

Mark 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

I think your the one confused, as I havent referenced Lucifer any where in my posts. Aha.

Never mind

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Aha. I know whatcha mean, like I was actually going to go to the church, untill I read there was no hope for me anyway

Like ya too

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

You are confusing most mainstream Luciferianism that is not my personal Gnostic Luciferianism that I have self-ordained myself to be by holding a very real and personal relationship with Lucifer. Yes, of course it could be a delusion, but the Lucifer I talk to does not want your worship, he'd rather have your respect, and if earned, friendship. Remember -- it must be EARNED first before you can be considered his friend. He'll take your respect first, but worship? He is not as petty as Gods who demand in their laws that you worship them without knowing who they really are, and even implement things that makes it downright near impossible to get to know them of an actual personal basis, and even when you know him, he would rather you cared for him personally and not because you perceive him to be a being of power where you can draw YOUR power from, capesh? The people who do such things are just as bad as the rest, even if they are trying to bring glory to his name. In his eyes, if you give up your freedom or try to bargain with your soul for temporal, trivial affairs and personal power, you are trash and deserve what you get.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

The Lucifer you speak of sounds very much like some ancient Celtic gods... I cannot recall their names at the moment.

Interesting take on things. Lucifer may very well be the most scapegoated figure in history.

What else can you tell us of your beliefs? I'd be interested to hear them... thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

After all, somewhere in the bible, it says to pester everyone and make them believe as you do. (actually it doesn't say that, but that's how some folks take it)

Actually, it does to them. Christians take "the great commission" very seriously. It is a commandment from Jesus, not a request.

Matt 28:19-20

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

Mark 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Yep, please note...he didn't say FORCE them, kill them if they don't accept or anything like that. His message was to share the gospel. His actions in his own life prove out how he wanted this done. He never forced anybody into anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Well I will send you a link in a PM to some of my youtube videos, as I do not want the majority of people to know who I am in physical life, though it may not be avoidable if I have to continue to do it as an easier means of explaining myself on a regular basis. I need to make more, and have like 10 I have planned but not finished the transcripts yet, and the other that I will not link to, but you may find it anyway, was a musing I was having during a crisis of faith in Lucifer due to my first experiences with Tarot cards and how the readings were all negative about him. However, I found when I replaced his name with the nickname I often use to avoid people automatically associating him with his bad reputation, they were all positive, even though they are in my mind the same person. I've learned a lot about Tarot cards since then that makes me kinda disbelieve them, in my opinion, or regard them more as tools for analyzing the past and bringing clarity to the present, than actually divining any sort of future... I have about 3 so far that line up with the main philosophy about him. The ones done in my crisis of faith, kinda delved back into some Christian ideals of his bad reputation that may not be true...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yep, please note...he didn't say FORCE them, kill them if they don't accept or anything like that. His message was to share the gospel. His actions in his own life prove out how he wanted this done. He never forced anybody into anything.

Noted.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AsherahoftheSea
reply to post by Dreine

Well I will send you a link in a PM to some of my youtube videos, as I do not want the majority of people to know who I am in physical life, though it may not be avoidable if I have to continue to do it as an easier means of explaining myself on a regular basis. I need to make more, and have like 10 I have planned but not finished the transcripts yet, and the other that I will not link to, but you may find it anyway, was a musing I was having during a crisis of faith in Lucifer due to my first experiences with Tarot cards and how the readings were all negative about him. However, I found when I replaced his name with the nickname I often use to avoid people automatically associating him with his bad reputation, they were all positive, even though they are in my mind the same person. I've learned a lot about Tarot cards since then that makes me kinda disbelieve them, in my opinion, or regard them more as tools for analyzing the past and bringing clarity to the present, than actually divining any sort of future... I have about 3 so far that line up with the main philosophy about him. The ones done in my crisis of faith, kinda delved back into some Christian ideals of his bad reputation that may not be true...

Well, many things in the past that were initally labeled bad have now been revealed to be good, and vice versa.

Do you view Lucifer as somewhat equivalent to Prometheus...IE, punished for attempting to give man knowledge that had previously been held from him? They seem similar in the tragic hero regards, at least how I see them.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Do you view Lucifer as somewhat equivalent to Prometheus...IE, punished for attempting to give man knowledge that had previously been held from him? They seem similar in the tragic hero regards, at least how I see them.

Yes, actually. If YWEH was his original father he was made to practically be his mirror image, save for a few minor details that I think makes Lucifer a far superior being, mainly an ability to grow, adapt, learn, and change. In my view this was done because YWEH wanted to prove that he was the most superior being and absolutely nothing could ever possibly be better or even stand to rival him. The fact that his image has been so terribly slandered kinda points to me that he actually can't do anything to Lucifer at this point in time, and has resorted to slander and liable to not only get people to shun him, but to even avoid trying to get his side of the story at all. In all reality, it was because of tender feelings for Lucifer that may have been there due to our supposed past we have held together, that I carried since my childhood that spurred me to make contact with him and try to get his side of the story. I even told God I was going to do my best to "save" him because I loved him and couldn't bear the thought of him being destroyed no matter how evil everyone was telling me he was. But I was stopped in my tracks by sheer logic, and looking over the Bible in context according to the atrocities God had claimed he had committed, compared with Lucifer telling me that he only wanted mankind to be able to stand for themselves and that's why he supposedly tempted Eve with the forbidden fruit to help mankind grow (although this story really is not a literal story by all means, IMO, as it is pretty much impossible to populate an entire planet from just two creatures because there is no genetic diversity and would lead to so many complications, everything would have died out by now.) There are many interpretations as to what it means, but it simply is that Lucifer handed the knowledge he himself had learned over to mankind (knowledge God had decreed was so outside of himself he said it was all lies and that's why he calls Lucifer the Lord of Lies, not because what Lucifer had to offer was not the Truth, but for the fact that it was not God's Truth or God's order or God's ways.) There are reasons as to why he would be genuinely interested in mankind, according to my visions and what he has told me, and it does not have anything to do with the salvation or damnation of mankind, unless you consider eternal servitude and slavery to a tyrannical monster a form of damnation, and any slip up or rise to even so much as question him at all while in a more enlightened state of being is cause for return to physicality, or even worse. Yes, we are given a chance, perhaps many, to fall back into his grasp and dominion, but I will not fall for it. I may have to live again and go through all this again, perhaps in even a more worse and harsh condition for my defiance in this life, but I am uncertain. I do believe more in the possibility of multiple lives more than having a singular set destination for all eternity, if the afterlife even exists, and many of people's supposed past life memories seems to point to the possibility of my theory of the earth, why we are on it, and why we seem pitted against all these deities and spirits vying for us, of actually perhaps holding some water...
edit on 9-8-2012 by AsherahoftheSea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

Interesting comments. And the historical accounts of the Old Testament certainly do show many instances of what we would consider barbaric acts commited in the name of God.

Which brings me to a thought I was having last Sunday as I was drinking my coffee and reading Genesis... namely, about the Tower of Babel...

Genesis 11:1-9

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Read verse 6 closely. If mankind spoke one language, if mankind works together.... it seems to almost frighten God, doesn't it? I found the passage above extremely puzzling and have been working it over in my mind on an almost daily basis.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Yes, this passage particularly has been influential in helping me come to the conclusion that God was not interested in mankind's progress or wellbeing at all, but rather only concerned in as much as he could dominate, control, and force them to love him in any way he could, even through deception and subversion...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooddoctorred
Im a christian and i believe that there is no point i mean purpose in worrying about this Thoesophy because it is not real because Jesus the christ is the only way i mean Way to heaven where the good people go and Thoesophy is not about Jesus its about SATANISM AND SATAN IS THE ANTICHRIST WHICH IS MARK ZUCKURBURG WHO WANTS PEOPLE TO WORSHIP THE CROSS WITH SIX SIDES. The illuminati really dont like Jesus because he was good and the illuminati are bad and the freeMasons spit on crosses and eat black Eucharisitc wafers which is mocking.

the good doctor

And the good doctor knows all about it we see. Network Dude says,

The very word "Theosophist" seems to be a dirty word and is associated with Lucifer and Satan.
for pure content, noting more, and then you parachute in in and tell us the truth of the matter, in your opinion, that is, and not an educated one either. People like you make Real Christ Follower blush with embarrassment when they see things like this. Shame on you.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So I'm a theosophist?

Nice to know. Glad to finally have a label...now people can define me and hate me for what I am and what I'm doing.

Excellent work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join