It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

I use the term 'infiltrated' because the guy was a Christian and would not have been allowed into the seminar if they knew his religious affiliations. You questions are basically answered if you read the source link to where I got the seminar material from. The guy was on a radio station in 1990 talking out against the New Age Movement. One of the listeners who was a member of the Theosophical Society (but was now turning from it) got in contact with and suggested all these New Age source books for him to read to expand his knowledge.

"The guy was on a radio station in 1990" One man. Thought you said Theosophy itself was infiltrated? So let me get this straight, a Christian infiltrated a man, a Theosophical Society member, according to him? Did the Christian possess the man by inhabiting his body? You are not making sense anymore. You say Theosophy was "infiltrated," but there was only one there who said he was a member! Do you see the ignorance here?

Satan doesn't care if he is worship as a male or female entity.

I just knew you could not post a reply without mentioning your most favorite being, Satan. You must really love Satan, how many times have you posted his name in ATS in the past year?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
What will happen to you if I gather up some significant evidence for you?

Sure, do it without resorting to Bible quotes or fuzzy 'Bible-math'.

Yes, I too would love to hear what he personally thinks, his own experiences. So far all we have gotten is bible quotes and copy paste from websites that are so religious oriented they stink with it. I doubt he has "significant evidence" for anything, and if his vast research powers are so great, how about definitive proof that the Bible was written by God? That "Jesus" was a real being?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by autowrench

I'm not used to having someone describe it that way.

Does that mean I'm almost ready to go "home"?

Have you been shown it? Your Afterlife Home, that is? Do you think yourself an "Old Soul" based on what you know and suspect?
In reading you, AfterInfinity, I would say you are an Old Soul.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Your quote from Jesuit is a prime example I think, of the fallacy that can happen when one places the esoteric under the context of an exoteric understanding..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I, myself, have had a yearning to be greater than what I am since I was a little one...I always believed in magick and that which was beyond what I could not see or taste or smell or touch.

Me also. I believe strongly in Magick, because I have witnessed it work. And I have always achieved to be greater that I am now. In my mind, I, and everyone else, are in training to be Creators, Gods and Goddesses respectively.

I started to develop my own beliefs which have made a quantum jump in my last two years since I graduated from High School and became an adult. I soon found that many of my interests and desires fell into line with Theosophy, which is what I claim to this day. A good mix of Theosophy and as others put it, panentheism/pantheism. I've often had dreams and waking desires to go "Home", but I am always unsure of where home is...I just know it isn't on this planet...

No, Home is not on this destroyed world. Earth is slated for a Purification Process to destroy all that humankind has done, and become pristine and new again. A new World, the 5th so far that I know of. I have seen my own home, and recognized it from being there before. After a De-Briefing I can go there, and stay for a time. then it's back to work. I am truly surprised that many others in here were not shown the things I have seen. I am not anything special, why was I allowed to see, while other were not? Makes me wonder.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This post is directed at Jesuit; but I would like feedback from the rest of you as well..

We wonders what you thinks of this, hm?

The following Christian symbols and concepts are of pagan origin: The Christian cross, comes from Egypt and India; the triple miter from the faith of the Mithraics; the shepherd’s crook from the Hermetic Mysteries and Greece; the immaculate conception from India; the transfiguration from Persia; and the trinity from the Brahmans. The Virgin Mary, as the mother of God, is found in a dozen different faiths. There are over twenty crucified world saviors. The church steeple is an adaption of Egyptian obelisks and pyramids, while the Christian devil is the Egyptian Typhon with certain modifications. The deeper one goes into the problem, the more he realizes there is nothing new under the sun. A truly sincere study of the Christian faith proves beyond all doubt that it is the evolutionary outgrowth of primitive doctrines. There is an evolution in religion as well as in physical form. If we accept and incorporate into our doctrines the religious symbolism of nearly forty peoples it behooves us to understand (at least in part) the meaning of myths and allegories which we borrow, lest we be more ignorant than those from whom we secured them.

- Manly P. Hall, The Occult Anatomy of Man, Pg. #3

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

When I started researching all of this, I learned about the role of vibrations in existence. Light, color, sound are all made up of vibrations. Then, I started realizing that numbers embodied vibrations as well. This is when I started to look into Numerology.

I'd like to show you something I learned from Numerology that when reading it, I can tell that it is most certainly describing myself.

Life Path: 11 -> You are what is known as a master number. The number 11 is the symbol of the spiritual seeker. Your purpose in this life time is to achieve enlightenment. Sometimes this is done by finding a teacher and other times it is a matter of experiencing an number of negative situations that are designed to rid you of toxic emotional connections and clear your karma. If you are a number eleven and seem to be having a rough time then keep in mind that is typical of your number to experience a life filled with mysterious losses and either very fortunate or unfortunate twists of fate.

Expression: 9 -> The ultimate height of your personal expression in life is the chance to offer to others. You are spiritual in a very practical way and others are often drawn to your empathy and compassion. You work well with people of all ages but you particularly delight in inspiring creativity in children and young adults. For this reason you make a fantastic teacher, counselor or psychologist.

Others trust you implicitly because you are so kind, considerate and consistent. You are often the one that is still there when everyone else has abandoned someone for being a "lost cause." You are an extremely loyal and dependable friend.

You are a very intuitive individual who is deeply connected to others in a spiritual way. Many nines are prophets, healers and psychics. If you are not psychic then at the very least you are deeply drawn to studying matters of the occult or religion in some way. As you are so driven by your intuition, you are not often found in a day job but rather in an occupation that allows you to go where your heart leads you.

As others don't understand your idealism you might suffer a great deal of skepticism or criticism in your life. While very young you may have learned to cloak your personality in eccentricity so that others don't take you seriously. You may have also gained a great deal of weight or developed a disability that gives you the excuse not to have march in step with the mass population. Often these illnesses and personal problems exist in order to eventually to jumpstart a leap on the spiritual path to enlightenment. Your trials and troubles often eventually qualify you as a "wounded healer" by the end of your life.

And...

Soul Urge: 9 -> The highest expression of your soul's urge is to connect in a mystical way with others. Although your aspirations are lofty, you are also a humanitarian who is often gifted with a sharp intuition and keen analytical skills. Often you give up opportunities that should be yours, simply to help another. This is because your faith in yourself, god and the future is so strong that you live by your conviction that the universe is always unfolding as it should.

Others simply do not possess your spiritual sophistication and may be amused or repelled by what they see as your irrational talk or beliefs. You may be accused of being stupid or foolish simply because you won't take the bait (of a job or money) at the expense of your ethics. Compared to the other numbers, you excel at letting go of lovers or opportunities simply because you know you can't take emotions and material goods with you when you die.

As you are driven more by compassion than common sense, you are the first to fall on your sword for a worthy cause. You may often be broke because you see money only as a tool of change. You would much rather spend money on art, charity or a trip. In fact, ostentatious displays of wealth anger and disgust you because your ideal is a world where all humans are equal.

You might appear very eccentric to others who don't quite understand your fascination with the spiritual world or your insistence on being a seeker of truth. Furthermore nines tend to get carried away when it comes to trying to heal or connect to others. The biggest mistake you could make is to try and be an "agent of karma" by meddling or interfering in other people's affairs.

Part of why I have strong faith in myself being older than this material prison of the flesh.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You may have also gained a great deal of weight or developed a disability that gives you the excuse not to have march in step with the mass population. Often these illnesses and personal problems exist in order to eventually to jumpstart a leap on the spiritual path to enlightenment. Your trials and troubles often eventually qualify you as a "wounded healer" by the end of your life.

I would like to show you something quite personal..

This was my Senior picture of High School for Graduation; before my path to spiritual enlightenment, and becoming a Theosophist.

This is my picture afterwards..

I dropped from 246 lbs. near my 18th Birthday, down to 150 on my 20th Birthday back in May.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Best to go have a look through the article information fully listed here (hope there is no issue with that link this time). A member of the society who had been waning in his interest of the movement became friendly with this Christian fellow he heard on the radio who was talking on the New Age movement. He introduced this Christian to a whole lot of books on the New Age to help him understand it better. After about a year of this connection between the two developing the member heard about a seminar on and invited this other guy along to it. I use the term "infiltrated" affectionately because all the guy did was get invited along as a guest to this seminar and wrote down as much as he could about what the speaker was saying. Merely giving the opportunity for an insider Theosophist to speak freely 'infiltrates' themselves. That was the point of me putting marks around the word infiltrate.

For me, one of the main things which made the content credible (that he was properly recording what this Bill Lambert had to say and not misquoting him) was what he was saying about the papacy's role here and some specific descriptors that were very much in line with the prophetic visions of Ellen White. Those details might not be significant to you but the amount of Christians who research this stuff enough to know those things is very very small, like less than 0.02% of the Christian population and probably 70%+ of those would be Adventists alone. Considering that the guy, when he makes his own comments on the content, shows himself not to be Adventist that suggests to me (probably not to you though) that his guy is accurately recording what was said. Based on the miniscule probability that this guy has 'guessed' this to plant what he thinks suggests to me the authenticity of the event and the recording of it.
edit on 24-8-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

how about definitive proof that... "Jesus" was a real being?

We will get to that in time Auto...I want to present the evolution vs creation and time frame information first though so we can discuss that over a good length of time. That is important to understand any religion to see it is meshes with the proposed account of origins and other parts of its overall philosophic value. I will be basing this information on actual science of the observed world Auto, not implanted visions of 'truth' based on what some ETs have given us which is perhaps the level of truth some of us here might think is all that is necessary.

I am frankly surprised that you are still at the stage of only considering whether Yeshua was a real being though. Even his enemies who would have every motivation to stifle the growth of Christianity by saying that he didn't exist record his existence. The debate from the serious atheist scholars is not over his existence but whether he died on the cross and resurrected again. We will get to that debate properly in a few weeks time perhaps. At the moment I have about 6 science books I need to read and freshen up on so I can begin properly just on this science of origins in a few days time.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So you want to do your research before finishing an argument that you didn't even know enough to start in the first place?

If you don't know what you're talking about to begin with, do your research and THEN challenge others.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I don't think this is quite the case up until the middle ages philosophy and religion went hand in hand. Even the teachings of Aristotle and Plato examine religious beliefs through the use of reason and logic.I believe it was St. Augustine a famous medieval philosopher who soon after becoming baptised and following the Christian path of religion that began to use philosophy as tool to empower his beliefs. He stated that if one wants the easy way out he can simply refer to an authority (sacred text) written by holy men for it is easier for one to simply follow what another has written as opposed to coming to an answer by route of your logic and reasoning.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Then couldn't that mean at the same time he might possibly even be their creation?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyBlevins88

Reason being concerning Plato and Aristotle; Plato was trained at the Mystery Schools.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Reason being concerning Plato and Aristotle; Plato was trained at the Mystery Schools.

I'm sorry I don't think I understand. I should have clarified I was simply responding to the OP I should have probably read a little more.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This thread was written in response to some Born Again Christians who were under the mistaken impression that Theosophy, masonry, and anything that isn't written in the New Testament was of the devil.

Your post is very telling of your intellect. I like the fact that you learned, but are capable of interjecting your own opinion into the conversation. I hope to see you more on these boards.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Some of this suggestions or lines of thought are made in

Pagan and Christian creeds and their origin - Edward Carpenter
The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus Christ - by Acharya S
The World's 16 Crucified Saviors - by Kersey Graves
Pagan Christ - John M. Robertson
Christ in Egypt: The Horus - Jesus Connection - Acharya S
The Pagan Christ - by Tom Harpur
Suns of God; Krishna, Buddha, and Christ Unveiled - Acharya S

(and I am sure a few others as well)

But the list above of books is what I have in my possession to read to explore those topics further. I would want to properly get into those and research them fully before attempting to answer you sufficiently myself (as so far I have skimmed the Tom Harpur book only).

To explore this topic further I would suggest this critique of Tom Harpur's The Pagan Christ book here

Many arguments presented in the books by Kersey Graves and I believe Edward Carpenter as well are explored critically in this video Debunking Jordan Maxwell (the video also present information on the historical origin of the zodiac which I think you will find interesting as well).

and you might like this video critiquing the first segment of Zeitgiest

I would also check out The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop

Some of your examples which are accurate assertions to make of the Roman Catholic faith (triple miter for e.g) is not accurate to make of biblical Christianity. When you come across these claims suggesting that Christianity is this or that association with paganism when its origin is 'Christianity' is from the Catholics remember that from the Biblical viewpoint we are told that (in describing the beast of the sea power which can be/has been shown to be the RCC)

Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

These descriptions of this beast of the sea (persecuting power against God's people) having components like that of a leopard, bear and lion is referring to the beast's given in prophetic vision in Daniel chapter 7. I won't get into the full explanations now but the components of the lion represents the Babylonian religion (triple crown of Nimrod for example), the bear component is Medo-Persian religion (like Mithraic) and the leopard represents Grecian religion and philosophy. The bible warns of the RCC being in league with those pagan cultures so try and filter out what is 'Christian' (i.e approved of from the Bible) from what is 'Catholic' (whose church system God rejects as not His own).

I need to look into more on the Christian cross myself, but from my opinion of the cuff right now, considering that the form of death by crucifixion was only invented by the Roman empire and I can prove the death by crucifixion occurred and the resurrection then ultimately the accusations that the cross symbol cross from this or that means little. From what I have seen, the crosses Christians are accused of copying is somewhat different in shape as well and it doesn't mesh with the use of the inverted cross by Satanists (why do they need to invert the Christian cross to represent they are opposite and in league with the self proclaimed sun god Satan if you have other cross-like shapes that also symbolise the sun god).

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Curiously, that sounds a great deal like me! I don't know a lot about numerology, math was always a weak subject for me. I do know that my life number is a 9.

You are spiritual in a very practical way and others are often drawn to your empathy and compassion. You work well with people of all ages but you particularly delight in inspiring creativity in children and young adults. For this reason you make a fantastic teacher, counselor or psychologist.

I do work well with all ages, but especially the young people. I am a natural Empath, in that I feel other people's emotions. I see Auras, and can tell is a person is sick or dying. I actually did teach a few classes in the past, and studied psychology for many years, mostly to understand my own self, which was difficult, to say the least.

Others trust you implicitly because you are so kind, considerate and consistent. You are often the one that is still there when everyone else has abandoned someone for being a "lost cause." You are an extremely loyal and dependable friend.

I always have been just like that. Don't know why either.

You are a very intuitive individual who is deeply connected to others in a spiritual way. Many nines are prophets, healers and psychics. If you are not psychic then at the very least you are deeply drawn to studying matters of the occult or religion in some way. As you are so driven by your intuition, you are not often found in a day job but rather in an occupation that allows you to go where your heart leads you.

I am very intuitive, and very well connected to may people. I was drawn to the Occult Teaching, and the Esoteric Disciplines, and spent 25 years or more in the study of religious theology, Religious writings, and religious origins. Now I know why. Thanks for clearing that up!

As others don't understand your idealism you might suffer a great deal of skepticism or criticism in your life.

Yep! Still crazy after all these years.
I'll stop here, but you called me pretty good there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

My life path number is 11. A powerful number that has caused me great trouble over the course of my years...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What is Catholicism but another branch of Christianity? I mean it all really falls under the same category, they all worship and read the same book, except for Mormons, etc. None of you can even get the story right. Is that why Church of Christ believe they are the only ones who go to heaven, or the different sects like Protestant, Baptist, Seventh Day Adventist, Mormon, etc? The titles of the books alone give off the perception that the 'Pagan' religions stole the symbols from Christianity in an attempt to mock or counter-feit their religion...That is simply not true.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join