It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You know that won't happen. The human species has the most difficult time accepting anything that opposes their style of comfort.

If they must lie to themselves and mold their perceived reality to fit those lies, then they will do so. It is our greatest gift, after all...changing reality to suit ourselves, but be unable to escape that reality.
edit on 19-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thank you for providing context. That post was most enjoyable to read. This is always the main problem here on ATS. Too many people react to others rather than simply providing a context of their own. I stand against the Masons and the negative religion of the Mystery Schools because of what it is producing in our world. We can also fault traditional religion for the same counterfeit truth of expressing the will to take rather than the will to give. If you go back to any thread I have participated in, you will only find me standing on the truth of giving over taking. I always speak to the subject and never step on the object, although some subjects accomplish this by default.

I do have a perspective that I am willing to share. At any point that I see something spoken from ignorance, I deny it with context and a great deal of metaphor and comparison. We are here to do this as the primary goal of this website's mission. My hope is always to hear others share their own view of reality as well. The part I am against is incredulity against the person speaking rather than the subject they hold. At any point that you may have sensed that I have held my subject as high as possible, then you have seen me doing my job as a member of this community. I force no opinion on anyone, but simply hold up a higher truth based on one simple concept of giving rather than taking. Higher ground is always what I am looking for and studying the Mystery School context, along with the context of biblical studies, is a primary means to unraveling the mystery of why we see in a mirror to truth by light of giving and taking. There can be no higher truth than love and love demands giving and receiving only. By this one bit of knowledge, we lay bear any bit of ignorance that can be offered.

I formally shared your frame of reference toward God in the Old Testament. This is a surface understanding that holds pride against the intent of God if we claim that he is capable of taking anything that is not already his. After many years of holding this same mistrust against God, I simply looked closer and found a God trying to give us a gift, not take it away. How can I judge God for taking life or giving a delusion to a soul that intentionally harms other? I cannot judge God because he then gives life back in a better context, even for those who intentionally make themselves an enemy of God's kingdom. I cannot fault God for his actions because I do not have sufficient perspective to see why He chooses unless I look close at His word. When I do, God stands on the high ground with love for others over their own twisting of free will.

As Job found, even a perfected and content life of joy and plenty was not enough to please God. Job still had pride. Once this was removed, Job received his children back and was more blessed than before. God requires that we are seen by him as perfected and holy. There is only one way there and it is through the one that did what we cannot.

I'll never veer from this truth for one reason: It is the highest truth I have heard or witnessed by any context provided from any source I have considered. If you know anything about me, you know that I do not hold a traditional biblical view. The very reason I embrace more than just what is in the Bible is because I realize that God is at work in all corners of our planet. There is great value in it all.

If you can provide a higher truth that I can verify by all the requirements and scrutiny we extend to the truth in the Bible, then I am more than willing to listen and consider. If I am under a delusion, simply fill in the gaps and outline the truth. I am always open to more than what I possess and I am always willing to share what I know and can verify by faith. There are no humans on this planet that can verify anything other than what faith allows by evidence. We are equal in developing axioms based on intellect and reason.

edit on 19-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Is the symbol of the Fish not a reference to Pisces? Is the Fish not a symbol of Christianity???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Yes, the fish is one of Christianity's oldest symbols. Besides allusions to Jesus making his fishermen disciples "fishers of men" and the miracle of the Feeding of 5000, the Greek word for fish has a deeper meaning.

ΙΧΘΥΣ (Ichthys) is an acronym for "Ίησοῦς Χριστός,Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ", (Iēsous Christos, Theou Yios, Sōtēr), which translates into English as "Jesus Christ, God's Son, Savior".

Iota (i) is the first letter of Iēsous (Ἰησοῦς), Greek for "Jesus".

Chi (ch) is the first letter of Christos (Χριστός), Greek for "anointed".

Theta (th) is the first letter of Theou (Θεοῦ), Greek for "God's", the genitive case of Θεóς,Theos, Greek for "God".

Ypsilon (y) is the first letter of (h)yios[3] (Υἱός), Greek for "Son".

Sigma (s) is the first letter of sōtēr (Σωτήρ), Greek for "Savior".

Ichthys
edit on 19-8-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2012 by no1smootha because: editing my posts on my Android on ATS, is a Sisyphian task

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Spirits are patterns of thought. For instance, if someone says, "you are in a good spirit today", what are they saying? "He has a spirit of courage." What does this mean? It's a state of consciousness. Humans have sentient consciousness. Spirits (no body) depend on us to bring a spirit to life in consciousness. Satan is a consciousness and spirit of taking rather than giving. God only has a will to give and receive. Evil takes. Good gives.

I think you have it there, friend. Spirits are patterns of thought. That is one definition. Here are other definitions:

Spirit
noun
Definition: ghost
Synonyms: apparition, eidolon, phantasm, phantom, poltergeist, shade, shadow, soul, specter, spook, sprite, supernatural being, umbra, vision, wraith
Antonyms: being, reality

See how the word becomes a host of things, and doesn't really mean any of the things in some occasions?
I once saw my own "Spirit" while Astral Traveling. During my session, I happened onto some shiny material, like stainless steel, shiny. I saw myself there. This photo doesn't really give it justice, but I looked something like this:

The thing that you don't seem to be able to grasp is that even though the Spirit is way different from the picture I showed you, remember, a Spirit can in fact create a corporal (means concerning the body) body to live in, be able to walk about on Earth, or another planet and look as we should to the inhabitants there, looking all the while enough like them to pass.
This is how some alien/human hybrids do it, they walk among the population and no one knows who, or what they are, or their purpose here.
I must dispute you on this:

Spirits (no body) depend on us to bring a spirit to life in consciousness.

Sorry, but a human body cannot do much of anything except lay on the ground. So being dependent on that just doesn't compute.
Before a Spirit incarnates on Earth, they monitor the fetus all during the gestation, and do not really inhabit the body until the first air is breathed. I know this because I saw with my own eyes the births of my son and daughter their Spirits descend into them. I even asked the old doctor when my son was born if he had seen it as I described, curious, you know. He replied, "Son, I see that all the time." A Spirit is quite conscious all the time, no sleep or rest needed, no intake of food or drink needed.
Speaking as a Spirit, that is how I consider myself, I do not need a human receptacle, but it certainly helps to have one. With a human body I can walk, talk, smell, and feel emotions, something that doesn't exist in the Spirit world. This is why I say there isn't really a Devil, it is just a human concept designed to scare you. A Spirit can feel love, and they can in fact project it, but the emotion itself is not as deeply intense as in the human world. The concept of hate is not understood at all, in fact, some species wonder at how the human race can hate and kill each other.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Satanism is making a theology around taking and calling it light. This is referred to as Theistic Satanism.

Really? Sounds like a religion.

Traditional Satanism, or Spiritual Satanism, is a form of Satanism with the primary belief that Satan is an actual deity or force to revere or worship
source
Yep, sounds like a religion. You do know, EnochWasRight, who is always talking about, and thinking about Satan? Who types that name over and over in post after post? I have to wonder if your own religious beliefs are akin to Theistic_Satanism? I have never met a satanist, but I have heard the name "Satan" from Christians all my life, as if they really do love this being, and worship this being as God. The attribute much power to this being, and seem to think him as powerful as their God. Any real God could most easily step on any creation he made.
This is one glaring reason I left Christianity for good, Always talking about Satan. Satan this, Satan that. In the Wiccan Traditions, there is no such being, anywhere in the Universe. Now I am not saying that groups of people, groups of ETs being can, and do cause Evil. But Evil is a deed, not a being.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Please, FaceLikeTheSun, we want to hear what you have to say, but some of us d not have time to watch a video. Why don't you tell us what you are thinking? I, for one, want to hear it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I have heard of many different versions of Astral Travel. How do you accomplish this? How did you see spirit descend into your children at birth?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

OK, I think I get what you are driving at. You are saying that Original Christianity was highjacked by today's Christians? I may be inclined to agree with that. I also agree with this:

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Satan is not merely a symbol of individualism. The Angel of Darkness is real.

Well, I guess he needs people like you to believe in him and give him animus.

If there is one thing I have learned from the Masons on ATS, they do not have a high regard for Jesus as the Son of God.

Nah, I just think they do not have a high regard for loud-mouth Christians that constantly proselytise about their faith, quote voluminous amounts of irrelevant scripture and have zero tolerance for anyone eles's beliefs.

That about sums it up.

You see, Satan would not exist unless, follow me here, religious men didn't make him up! And some of us do get tired of the same old rhetoric and the same old stories and the same old Bible quotes.
We here have put the whole Christian thing on trial here, so see it's truth, it's concepts, and it agendas. A great many of these proselytizing threads get a History Lesson, but curiously, it does no good. I have discovered that the Fundamentals (Bible Thumpers) in here are both blind and deaf with it comes to real History, Ancient religions, or Ancient lost civilizations, extraterrestrial races or other than Bible religious tests. I think Fundamental Christians think that if they ignore History, maybe it will go away. And perhaps if we label all ET races as demonic, perhaps they will never land, and confuse everyone, and make them question their faith. Why is this?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Christianity and Judaism are the root foundation of giving all the warnings and bringing to the world the information on this angel of Darkness who is the god of theosophy.

I hate to keep dogging you, JesuitGarlic, but have you ever studied Theosophy for yourself, or are you listening to what someone else said it was? The truth here is you don't know thing one about Theosophy, the principles of, or the disciplines of. You are guessing, and guessing a lot.

Here is an old friend who can help you: Link

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I must profess that this is quite untrue....You don't need to kill anyone to become enlightened and in all of the 'occult' books that I have read yet far, not one mentions any kind of satanic act taking place. In fact, almost all books pertaining to ritual and 'magick' explicitly stress the importance of the purity and not using the tools to call forth malevolent entities. Neither, did they mention you had to kill anybody to get to heaven; however, YHVH knows all about murder with his 2 million deaths to "Satan's" 10...

Spoken like a true Esoteric Scholar, VeritasAequitas. That was my take also. I studied way more than most, not bragging, just stating fact, and of all my research I never saw thing one about Satan, or anything pertaining to satanism, or any form of it. The thing is, Alister Crowley, hungry for attention, took all of his vast knowledge on Esoteric matters, and applied it to his own agendas and plans.
Like when a Christian uses Christianity to do, or cause evil.
He billed himself as "666" "The Beast," and "The most Evil Man in the World." Today's religious armchair scholars read up on Crowley, and suddenly they know all about his Discipline. Then they attach the name. SATAN.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Got a link for those pictures? Some text? The photos do look horrific,
but I highly doubt that Theosophy did that. That would be like saying Christians did this:

Most Union and Confederate Commanders were Christians, and prayed to the same God for victory. Is Christianity to blame here? No, it is not.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Is Christianity to blame here? No, it is not.

No, it was the bad, bad man, Satan. He makes people do everything.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It was a basic question.

As for Morals & Dogma, here is a online PDF copy of it. www.hermetics.org...

I'm not big on Hall, so I will leave that to such other authorities on the subject.
edit on 20-8-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Isn't it spooky to consider that the actual word known as theosophy, which is devised compound-like, refers to a particular reality called "wisdom of god."

If "God" is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, and infinite... how then can his craft(s) be revealed to any degree by wisdom???

That kind of reality which is God is much too great for a verse of profound sense to describe.

Here's an example: "STONE WASH!"

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

I think the idea of Theosophy is to TRY to understand God's work, while knowing that we might never truly UNDERSTAND it. Just like we can TRY to be perfect, but we know that is un-obtainable. Just like so many other things in life, the journey is where the lessons come from. (IMHO)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Just like we can TRY to be perfect, but we know that is un-obtainable.

Perfection is merely a perspective...a lack of desire. The completion of fulfillment, depending on what you're looking for. From a material perspective, of course perfection seems unattainable. That's because we're always making better stuff. From a spiritual perspective, the best has always existed, simply waiting for you to find it.

The moment you stop wanting, is the moment you achieve your perfection. It is different for everyone of course, but if you want to have a perfect life, then curb your wants, resist your desires. The more you want, the less happy you will be. I want the entire world to be happy, and because of how monumental that is, how all-encompassing that goal is, I am unhappy because I'm so far from doing it. Learn what you need - not want, NEED - and learn to be happy with it. If you don't learn to be happy with what you have, then you will never be happy. You will always want more. That's the curse of materialism, and we haven't yet learned from it.

Remember, perfection is from within, not without. It doesn't matter what other people consider perfect, it's what YOU consider perfect, because it's your body, your life, your path. When you have decided you want nothing else, and you have all you need, and you're happy with it, then your life will be perfect. I think that, if you look deep enough, even the Christians will find this message in their savior's teachings.

edit on 20-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The fish symbol was applied to Christianity when it was stolen along with all the other pagan symbols and traditions. It was not originally Christian, but yes, it has now come to be viewed as Christian.

Which means most of the more important meaning to it was lost or warped with time.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

tactical error...I am not really interested in tactics as I try to be straight forward. The only tactic I am using in giving you a prophetic warning about the Sunday law/anti Sabbath law that the antichrist will bring in so that you will be able to identify the antichrist. I am relying on you to be able to remember this fact alone and use your rational thinking of my the 'anti-christ' is pursuing those people specifically who gave the next warning that would identify him.

What you're missing here is, in my opinion, the most important piece of the puzzle: and that is, all of that stuff is mythological. It's not any different than the myths of the Jews, or the Muslims, or the Hindus, or the ancient Greeks.

The question is therefore not "which mythology is most true", but rather "which one can I spiritually identify with to make me a better person, and in turn, do the most good in the world?".

If your mythology makes you call people names and lapse into superstition, then it is the result of bad theology. If, on the other hand, your mythology assists you psychologically in trying to make the world a better place, then it has a purpose to serve.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

You are fighting a losing battle, my friend. You would have more success teaching Calculus to a brick wall.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join