It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

Why would you search for what you already have? If you are a born again believer, you already have all the answers.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Already, on this thread, this is verified. The twins are opposed. What does this say about the truth found in the thread I linked earlier? THREAD LINKED EARLIER

"God has appointed these spirits as equals until the last age, and set an everlasting enmity between their divisions. False deeds are thus an abomination to the truth, whereas all the ways of truth are for perversity equally a disgrace. Fierce dispute attends every point of decision, for they can never agree. "

This quote comes from the Dead Sea Scrolls. I have made the claim that many seekers are barking up the wrong Angel. I have evidence that this is the case. It's found in the quote above.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

Why would you search for what you already have? If you are a born again believer, you already have all the answers.

Exactly.

If that was all the father it went, there would be no problem. But when that know it all attitude creeps in on others search for their truth, it gets really, really annoying.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The premise that Christians are not searching is wrong. The believer is already seeing the true light. Bible study is a hallmark of every believer. My path has been different. After spending many years in Bible study, I decided to study the materials of all other groups possible. I took apart every religion and read all ancient manuscripts and sources possible. What did I find?

They ALL originate with the root story in the Bible. Osiris is Nimrod. The cutting of the languages is the cutting of Osiris. Once the root story spread across these new nations and languages, the names changed and were paganized but the symbolism remained the same. Apart from the implications we draw, the root of the story is found in the stories of Jacob and Esau. Follow the threads forward and you see the story of the Angel of Light and the Angel of Darkness in equal opposition, as in a mirror.

Each of us reflects the mirror we agree with by nature. That nature can change, but only by faith in God and loving others first.

edit on 8-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

We are searching for answers. Except the devout Christians it seems. The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

The only "answers" that devout Christians are opposed to is the stealth satanic agenda hiding behind Theosophy.

The primary agenda of Theosophy is to further the New World Order...

Ah yes, if it differs in the slightest to what you are told to believe, it must be SATAN!!!! And if you are on a conspiracy website, you might as well throw in the NWO for good measure.

It's just plain sad when people are too wrapped up in thinking they know every damn thing to look into history a tiny bit.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Exactly.

If that was all the father it went, there would be no problem. But when that know it all attitude creeps in on others search for their truth, it gets really, really annoying.

Christians show a perspective that is valid and obvious. Myself and others on ATS continue to reflect the light we have so that others can see clearly. Is this somehow different than the average ATS member? Yes, actually it is vastly different. For most of us who are believers on this board, we stick to truth only. Bias, condescension, anger and rage are in check and swapped for a loving spirit. For this, we are attacked many times. This only confirms this quote and the accompanying thread.

"God has appointed these spirits as equals until the last age, and set an everlasting enmity between their divisions. False deeds are thus an abomination to the truth, whereas all the ways of truth are for perversity equally a disgrace. Fierce dispute attends every point of decision, for they can never agree. "

SOURCE

Matthew 5:11

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

We are searching for answers. Except the devout Christians it seems. The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

The only "answers" that devout Christians are opposed to is the stealth satanic agenda hiding behind Theosophy.

The primary agenda of Theosophy is to further the New World Order...

Ah yes, if it differs in the slightest to what you are told to believe, it must be SATAN!!!! And if you are on a conspiracy website, you might as well throw in the NWO for good measure.

It's just plain sad when people are too wrapped up in thinking they know every damn thing to look into history a tiny bit.

Share what you know. Add context. I can only speak for myself, but the truth I follow is first scriptural. It's my foundation. I make no apology for having a firm foundation that is hard to argue with. Incredulity against me doesn't show your own platform. As fellow seekers, we should always have a foundation that is ready for apology. Present yours and let mine stand. If you attack me, I'll simply throw more truth out. The primary defense in judo is to speak for the other person in the same manner they should be speaking for themselves. The person on the higher ground sticks to the facts and avoids stepping on the object. Speak to the subject and we can all learn.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I wonder if you have any idea what irony is?

Apparently not judging by your thread history.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Can a man (Christian) require blind obedience from another man? Your premise is that the Church somehow controls its congregation. Have you ever been in a Church to meet the people? There are two groups in the Church just like there are two on the street. Between those two, there are all degrees of the same. We are all walking the same path in life on different rungs of the ladder. No need to say Christians are somehow unique to differences and vicissitudes in life. Prejudice judges another person and calls him by a group name. Truth judges by the content of character. You won't find a better place on earth to see good Character than within the doors of a Christian Church.

Of course there are exceptions. We are all human and we are all in this together.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I wonder if you have any idea what irony is?

Apparently not judging by your thread history.

My excrement smells just like yours. We are all sinners in need of salvation. Your OP states that you do not need a Shepherd. I simply disagree. If you have a higher truth to share, share it. No one is stopping you.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Belief is an opinion, no one can escape that. Just as truth is nearly always subjective, especially when one thinks it is either this or that, like most do. Most would say a rock is solid, but zoom all the way in and what you see are atoms with enormous gaps between other atoms, so on one level it seems solid, but on another it's full of holes. The narrowest path is the middle path, being able to realize both sides, but take neither of them, because you don't have to.

Most Christians feel justified and vindicated when they are prosecuted or told that they are wrong on some things. They think that way because they begin with the premise that their foundation is the truth, ignorant to all the holes of that foundation.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The premise that Christians are not searching is wrong.

The only thing Christians are searching for is to better understand the belief system they are already immersed in. All they learn from their searches is filtered through the pages of one book, and the doctrine of one paradigm. They are incapable of assimilating new information objectively because their perspective doesn't allow for them to see the paradoxes that present themselves. As is evidenced by the circular logic they live by, and by your statement:

The believer is already seeing the true light.

They ALL originate with the root story in the Bible.

This is what I used to think as well. But the problem historically, from my own research, is we can't really know that for a fact. The bible could very well have been compiled from those other stories. And there are those who believe this to be the case. Whichever one believes at this point mostly comes down to faith, and what evidence the individual finds acceptable in swaying them one direction or the other.
edit on 8/8/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Belief is an opinion, no one can escape that. Just as truth is nearly always subjective, especially when one thinks it is either this or that, like most do. Most would say a rock is solid, but zoom all the way in and what you see are atoms with enormous gaps between other atoms, so on one level it seems solid, but on another it's full of holes. The narrowest path is the middle path, being able to realize both sides, but take neither of them, because you don't have to.

Most Christians feel justified and vindicated when they are prosecuted or told that they are wrong on some things. They think that way because they begin with the premise that their foundation is the truth, ignorant to all the holes of that foundation.

That's an interesting way to look at it. Law has another version that denies our avoidance of a choice. We can only drop an apple so many times before we realize that it falls every time.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The premise that Christians are not searching is wrong.

The only thing Christians are searching for is to better understand the belief system they are already immersed in. All they learn from their searches is filtered through the pages of one book, and the doctrine of one paradigm. They are incapable of assimilating new information objectively because their perspective doesn't allow for them to see the paradoxes that present themselves. As is evidenced by the circular logic they live by, and by your statement:

The believer is already seeing the true light.

They ALL originate with the root story in the Bible.

This is what I used to think as well. But the problem historically, from my own research, is we can't really know that for a fact. The bible could very well have been compiled from those other stories. And there are those who believe this to be the case. Whichever one believes at this point mostly comes down to faith, and what evidence the individual finds acceptable in swaying them one direction or the other.
edit on 8/8/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

Evidence demonstrates the Bible at all points possible. What you say above is not accurate, at least for me. I started with the Bible, yet worked my way around all other sources possible with an open mind to altering my beliefs to find truth. A study of the territory reveals many theological changes to my position. I am open with them here in a forum that will be read by anyone. I am a firm believer in transmigration of the soul. I do not believe that baptism signifies what we first thought it meant. The two are connected. Once I found the key to unwinding symbolism to a word and sentence structure that can be read like a language, the rest revealed itself. The story at the core of all symbolism is Christ. He was there all along. The Hebrews could have seen it if not for their blindness from following the Angel of Darkness. The Bible does not whitewash this fact. They stand condemned by the very God that calls them His people. If they stand condemned, what of us? Christ is that answer to the search. The only way to see it is to have faith in God that he can accomplish what He he says.

I took a long route to the truth. Some people recognize it right away. Some simply need someone to help them along with a clear context against a solid word of truth. ATS is the poster child for this process since we are surrounded by context from the Angel of Darkness. The answer is found by reading the text of the symbols and finding their sources. Since the NWO is Mystery Babylon, the symbols they urinate all over the world make them stand out like a sore thumb. God leaves his symbols as opposite fruit of goodness and mercy, offering grace to us all, even the enemies of his own kingdom. That's pretty spectacular.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

In a sense, this is what most of us here are doing. We are searching for answers. Except the devout Christians it seems. The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

The very word "Theosophist" seems to be a dirty word and is associated with Lucifer and Satan.
A person searching for answers can go about it in many different ways. But where is the harm in this search? What might happen? Is the fear that the individual might find that he/she no longer needs the Shepherd to lead them to the path of salvation every Sunday and Wednesday? Is this fear limited to the almighty dollar and the chance of missing out on someone's 10%? I believe that is the ultimate reasoning, and it is sold to the cult members many different ways to get them to try to discourage anyone from seeking anything that is outside of the realm of the church.

Is it a conspiracy? I believe so. The rulers of the church are against anyone not pouring dollar bills into their business. Saving souls comes at a high price. After all, you cannot save a soul without a big fancy building and many, many parishioners.

Is it possible that religion has lost it's focus? you decide.

Hey network dude. I see that your Freemasonry focus is once again focused on fundamentalist Christians, but this time you use 'devout born again' to distinguish those whom you persecute. I notice that you, like your brethren, never have any issues with any of the Christian group which are drinking in the false gospel which abounds these days, but only with those who obey Our Lord and God. Truly, this observation alone shows those who watch that it is not so-called Christians that you despise, but rather those who strive to walk as Jesus did, led by the Holy Spirit.

"In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Singling out devout born again Christians, considering Jesus' own words above, clearly demonstrates that you reject this fundamental truth and that you only have one specific kind of Christian that you criticise. Just as Freemasonry lies to its cult members by stating that salvation is found in another name, other than the only name given under Heaven by which we are to be saved, you seek to deny this very name to innocents truly seeking answers. No born again Christian ever needs to seek their salvation elsewhere because He is it. Our Father and Lord Jesus lead us to study other material as and when needed to fulfill His command to become as wise as serpents. When He leads us into Truth and answers our prayers for knowledge, please tell me what answers I must go out and seek other than those He prompts me to study? It's His will to be done, not my own. If He needs me to know something about another religion, He leads and prompts me to study. If He needs me to address myself, He puts me in a situation to learn and practice. If He needs to chastise me, He doesn't hesitate to humble me. My God is a God of the Living, that is of the here and now, in my everyday life. What will theosophy, the musings of man, teach me that My Father, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, can not?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

l can’t understand why freemasons read what enoch says.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Can a man (Christian) require blind obedience from another man?

No. Perhaps my use of the word require was not the best choice. I do believe that is the intent, though, of organized religion as a whole.

Have you ever been in a Church to meet the people? There are two groups in the Church just like there are two on the street.

I was raised in a Southern Baptist home. For the most part, I was raised by my Aunt and she was/is a devout Christian. Her faith was not necessarily a relationship with god, but instead her faith was in the people. The fellowship and kindness of the church is what she believed in and I can say that I agree wholeheartedly with that.

But that topic rolls right into your next comment.

You won't find a better place on earth to see good Character than within the doors of a Christian Church. Of course there are exceptions. We are all human and we are all in this together.

I can agree. As I stated before, fellowship and comraddery (SP) is very important. I have witnessed the selflessness that many churches project into their communities and we would all be better off if we followed that example.

On the flip side, I have seen the horrors that come out of church. No need to go into details but I find it is not the religion that makes these people who they are...for the most part. It is their own outlook on their fellow humans that makes the church positive or negative.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Just as Freemasonry lies to its cult members by stating that salvation is found in another name, other than the only name given under Heaven by which we are to be saved, you seek to deny this very name to innocents truly seeking answers.

Sorry, Masonry does not teach salvation and I realized long before I became a Mason that the 'salvation' the Church preached was all bullcrap founded on guilt and control.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooddoctorred
the freeMasons spit on crosses and eat black Eucharisitc wafers which is mocking.

LOL...no we don't.

reply to post by Murgatroid

Blavatsky is irrelevant in the discussion of Freemasonry.

Theosophy is a branch of Freemasonry.

No its not.

Also using a extremist site like that would be like using Stormfront or some other racist site to discuss blacks or Jews. Not really credible.

reply to post by WhoKnows100

Actually he was against extremism which is a false doctrine of any ideology. Most fanatical Christians are fascist and are not striving anything close to what Jesus taught. You make the rest of us Christians look really bad in your fanaticism and bigotry. Most of those who claim themselves are "born-again" are usually self-righteous and pompous. A lesson in humility would do them good.

Freemasonry does not lie to its membership. Nor does Freemasonry espouse any plans of salvation. No one ever joins Freemasonry in search of divine salvation.

What if God prompted and led me to Freemasonry? Are you denying His guidance to me?

reply to post by MightyWizard

It comes from sheer, morbid curiosity.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Hey network dude. I see that your Freemasonry focus is once again focused on fundamentalist Christians, but this time you use 'devout born again' to distinguish those whom you persecute. I notice that you, like your brethren, never have any issues with any of the Christian group which are drinking in the false gospel which abounds these days, but only with those who obey Our Lord and God. Truly, this observation alone shows those who watch that it is not so-called Christians that you despise, but rather those who strive to walk as Jesus did, led by the Holy Spirit.

Hello Thumper,
So nice to hear from you again. Yes, it seems there is a particular cult that is crawling up my leg these days. The cult of born agains seem to not be happy just being themselves, they keep feeling like they need to tear down my belief system in order to keep theirs up. I guess if the system is that weak, it needs all the help it can get.

"In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Cool, so unless you submit to your cult, Hell is in the near future. Sweet! It sounds like heaven is going to be a very lonely place indeed.

Singling out devout born again Christians, considering Jesus' own words above, clearly demonstrates that you reject this fundamental truth and that you only have one specific kind of Christian that you criticise.

None of us are without sin. (where have I heard that?) And since that is true, it's just ironic that your group seems so hell bent on pointing to Freemasonry while you have your own skeletons to deal with.

Just as Freemasonry lies to its cult members by stating that salvation is found in another name,

which Name? God? Am I bound for hell because I believe God is in heaven? Even if I am a Christian. Oh, right, not born again. Hell it is!

other than the only name given under Heaven by which we are to be saved, you seek to deny this very name to innocents truly seeking answers. No born again Christian ever needs to seek their salvation elsewhere because He is it.

Yes, and looking elsewhere might shake up your already weak belief system and we cannot have that.

Our Father and Lord Jesus lead us to study other material as and when needed to fulfill His command to become as wise as serpents. When He leads us into Truth and answers our prayers for knowledge, please tell me what answers I must go out and seek other than those He prompts me to study? It's His will to be done, not my own. If He needs me to know something about another religion, He leads and prompts me to study. If He needs me to address myself, He puts me in a situation to learn and practice. If He needs to chastise me, He doesn't hesitate to humble me. My God is a God of the Living, that is of the here and now, in my everyday life.

I just have to single this one sentence out

What will theosophy, the musings of man, teach me that My Father, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, can not?

What will reading other books besides the Bible teach you? Are you serious? You might be able to learn that people had religious beliefs before Christ, you might learn that there are many books that sound incredible similar to some stories in the bible. Hell, you may just learn something you didn't know. But since you are only allowed to read that one book (cult masters would be disappointed in you) you will be stuck asking that question.

God Bless!
edit on 9-8-2012 by network dude because: fixed quotes

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join