It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing more important for a Christian than to be challenged daily, that is the whole basis of theology.
What a silly silly suggestion the OP has made.

Its heartbreaking the ignorance of the masses.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Natural law by proverb and scripture is truth, evident in our axioms that match.

Considering it was all written by men I do not accept it as 'natural law'.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Nah, I just think they do not have a high regard for loud-mouth Christians that constantly proselytise about their faith, quote voluminous amounts of irrelevant scripture and have zero tolerance for anyone eles's beliefs.

That about sums it up.
Quoted for truth. I've really been spending a lot less time on ATS since Enoch showed up, because I realized how pointless it is to try to even correct him on fundamental errors of his arguments.

Ah, for the days of the old ATS IGNORE button…

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Nah, I just think they do not have a high regard for loud-mouth Christians that constantly proselytise about their faith, quote voluminous amounts of irrelevant scripture and have zero tolerance for anyone eles's beliefs.

That about sums it up.

Yes it does. The funny thing from the Christians is, they want you to believe in God, but you also have to believe in Satan. And you have to believe Demons are everywhere, after your Soul. I myself have never been able to form a belief in a Devil/Satan Being, author of all Evil in the World, and do not see how anyone could. I guess it is in their book, so belief is mandatory.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Yeah, like other taking people's religious views personally and finding it necessary to try and testify to them about their perceived 'error'.

Yes, in fact I see this in ATS all the time. An Internet Evangelist does not know anything much on another religion or faith, but they certainly are able to label it as evil, and satanic. I once saw Lester Sumrall preach a sermon on The Holy Kabbalah.. Now anyone who has studied, and knows a thing about The Zohar, they would know certain things. Sumrall didn't know crap about the Kabbalah, he only pretended to know. A simple truth that cannot be denied by Christians is there are a great many things about Ancient History and Origins, Pagan Religions, Holy Books other than the Bible that they just do not know anything about, or very little about.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Exactly! And if anyone in those churches asks questions about the origins of, say, Christmas (the Winter Solstice) or Halloween, they are immediately told the falsified answer and not the historically accurate accounts of those pagan traditions which the Catholic Church brought into Christianity to ease the conversion of people to the church.

Please forgive the above run-on sentence.

Too many Christians have been lulled into a false sense of security that by believing without question a book that was written BY MEN, and listening to a preacher orate from a podium every Sunday that they are solidly saved and spoken for. Blind faith is the order of the day... because as soon as you start questioning, start to truly look for the truth, a great many holes in the religion begin to expose themselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

That's ironic, considering the true source of modern Christianity...

But of course they wouldn't know anything. Then it would all be laid bare, and everyone would see the ages-old theft they had spent so long venerating!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Exactly! And if anyone in those churches asks questions about the origins of, say, Christmas (the Winter Solstice) or Halloween, they are immediately told the falsified answer and not the historically accurate accounts of those pagan traditions which the Catholic Church brought into Christianity to ease the conversion of people to the church.
Right. My favorite… "So you're saying that Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox? How is that not pagan again?"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Christianity is the result of good business. Cheap spirituality + familiar customs = new favorite religion.

And in the time of superstition, cheap religion is like getting a new horse every week.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It's interesting to consider how a deity who equates with love could create something so "evil"...

Or maybe it's just how we look at it. You know how it goes, if you view anything harmful as also being beneficial, BOOM! You're a terrorist.

Because it's a world composed of 10,000 shades of gray, but seen in black and white. And we wonder why we haven't gotten anywhere.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Because it's a world composed of 10,000 shades of gray, but seen in black and white. And we wonder why we haven't gotten anywhere.

That is a very interesting way of looking at it all.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I have some very interesting views on the world. 6 months of deep introspection does that to a person. Maybe if we took time to think about the world and the universe, instead of acting as though our bustling little lives in this tiny speck of a corner of the great, big, monumentally vast universe is all there is...we might learn something.

Thing is, what's outside has become more important than what's inside. And theosophy has shown me that. People around here should give it a try...although I'm not entirely sure if it's so much a choice as a style, like some are better at math and others are better at English.

All you can do is try. The worst that could happen is you don't see quite as clearly as you thought you would.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hmm...looks like that's the cherry that finished the cake. Good conversation, people. Let's try it again another day!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

She was a theosophist, just as Pike was a mason. She is not Theosophy just as Pike is not Masonry

I never said she was theosophy, but surely you are just trying to cover your arse here by being disingenuous to her actual role and stature:

"Blavatsky's esoteric synthesis has served as a basic source for later esotericists, literati, scientists, and entire movements, including the New Age. Unlike most of her contemporaries, she is as visible today as an modern trendsetting guru, and she will most likely remain the most memorable and innovative esotericist of the 19th century." James A. Santucci, Dictionary of Gnosis & Western Esotericism.

"Madame Blavatsky...stands out as the fountainhead of modern occult thought, and was either the originator and/or popularizer of many of the ideas and terms which have a century later been assembled within the New Age Movement. The Theosophical Society, which she cofounded, has been the major advocate of occult philosophy in the West and the single most important avenue of Eastern teaching to the West."
J. Gordon Melton, Jerome Clark & Aidan A. Kelly, eds.,
New Age Almanac.
reference: www.blavatskyarchives.com...

the Secret Doctrine, the 1888 magnum opus of Helena Blavatsky.
source

When Blavatsky says that Lucifer/Satan/the devil is the saviour/only God ect ect that means as the main founder writing in her greatest work that that will be always the God/Christ/Logos of Theosophy. Understand if they change their whole God/Hierarchy structure from the original then it is no longer Theosophy.
-----
You've got to be careful with getting that 'Lucifer juice' on you and anywhere near your mouth to swallow as it is known to cause mental 'issues' to those that have partaken as I will display in my following post
edit on 16-8-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Satan brought death into the world.

People need to take responsibility for their poor behavior and stop blaming some made-up boogeyman.

Their boogeyman has been credited by Theosophy for it though:

Bailey:

let us never forget that it is the Life, its purpose and its directed intentional destiny that is of importance; and also that when a form proves inadequate, or too diseased, or too crippled for the expression of that purpose, it is – from the point of view of the Hierarchy – no disaster when that form has to go. Death is not a disaster to be feared; the work of the Destroyer is not really cruel or undesirable.
Alice A. Bailey, Education in the New Age, 1954, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 112.

[As] death is the great Liberator.
Alice A. Bailey, The Rays and the Initiations: Volume V, A Treatise on the Seven Rays, 1960, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 607

Pain has always been the purifying agent, employed by the Lords of Destiny, to bring about liberation. The accumulated pain of the present war and the inherited pain of the earlier stage (begun in 1914) is bringing about a salutary and changing world consciousness. The Lord of Pain has descended from His throne and is treading the ways of earth today, bringing distress, agony and terror to those who cannot interpret His ends.
Alice A. Bailey, The Externalisation of the Hierarchy, 1957, Lucis Publishing Company, p.116

In June 1947 Bailey says that World War II,

with all its unspeakable horrors, its cruelties, and its cataclysmic disasters – was but the broom of the Father of all, sweeping away obstructions in the path of His returning Son.
It would have been well-nigh impossible to prepare for the coming in the face of the pre-war conditions.
Alice A. Bailey, The Externalisation of the Hierarchy, 1957, Lucis Publishing Company, p.618

Bailey credits the “Hierarchy” of ascended spiritual masters for,

Their decision, taken early in this century, which precipitated – in the centre which we call ‘the race of men’ – those potencies and stimulating energies which produced that major destructive agency, the world war (1914-1945).
Alice A. Bailey, The Rays and the Initiations: Volume V, A Treatise on the Seven Rays, 1960, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 553

After the war, Bailey wrote in Education in the New Age that “the Custodians of God’s Plan” viewed World War II as,

in the nature of major surgical operation made in an effort to save the patient’s life; [the operation had been] largely successful [in removing] a violent streptococcic germ and infection [that had] menaced the life of humanity.
[The operation] was made in order to prolong opportunity and save life, not to save the form. The operation was largely successful.
[But this would just be the beginning as] The germ, to be sure, is not eradicated and makes its presence felt in infected areas in the body of humanity. Another surgical operation may be necessary, not in order to destroy and end the present civilisation, but in order to dissipate the infection and get rid of the fever.
source: Alice A. Bailey, Education in the New Age, 1954, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 111-112

Bailey’s use of the germ/infection metaphor for people paralleled Himmler’s speech to senior SS officers in Posen in 1943: “We have exterminated a bacterium because we do not want in the end to be infected by the bacterium and die of it. I will not see so much as a small area of sepsis appear here or gain a hold. Wherever it may form, we will cauterise it. All in all, however, we can say that we have carried out this most difficult of tasks in a spirit of love for our people. And we have suffered no harm in our inner being, our soul, our character.” (Michael Burleigh, The Third Reich: A New History, Hill and Wang, 2000, p. 661).

She added,

The next stage of human evolution will emerge as a result of the purificatory action of the World War. Alice A. Bailey, Education in the New Age, 1954, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 149.

Alice Bailey and her associates at the Lucis Trust have repeatedly praised revolutions and dictatorships, approving them as part of the workings of “the Plan.” In September 1939,[123] she said, “The men who inspired the initiating French revolution; the great conqueror, Napoleon; Bismarck, creator of a nation; Mussolini, the regenerator of his people; Hitler who lifted a distressed people upon his shoulders; Lenin, the idealist, Stalin and Franco” were “great and outstanding personalities who were peculiarly sensitive to the will-to-power and the will-to-change;” all were “expressions of the Shamballa force” (a force which Bailey extolled) and “emphasised increasingly the wider human values.”[124]
source

Their boy, master of 'the Plan' is all too happy to claim responsibility that came from all the good Liberating death that came from the World Wars and Russian Revolution where 10s of millions of people died...hmm, I guess war really is peace under this paradigm and evil is good

Not surprising such retarded morality sets in with these people when their own publications for their 'disciples' officially promotes the dissemination of propaganda:

They must form the theme of all the propaganda work to be done during the next few decades - until the year 2025 - a brief space of time indeed to produce fundamental changes in human thought, awareness, and direction
Alice A. Bailey, Discipleship in the New Age II -Chp: Teachings on Meditation, Part VIII

edit on 16-8-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

I am afraid I am going to need your help here. I need you to point out where in the definition of Theosophy, it says anything about who is God. Keep in mind that esoteric study has been around long before Blavatsky was even thought of.

Theosophy (from Greek θεοσοφία theosophia, from θεός theos, divine + σοφία sophia, wisdom; literally "divine wisdom"), refers to systems of esoteric philosophy concerning, or investigation seeking direct knowledge of, presumed mysteries of being and nature, particularly concerning the nature of divinity. Theosophy is considered a part of the broader field of esotericism, referring to hidden knowledge or wisdom that offers the individual enlightenment and salvation. The word esoteric dates back to the 2nd century CE.[1] The theosophist seeks to understand the mysteries of the universe and the bonds that unite the universe, humanity and the divine. The goal of theosophy is to explore the origin of divinity and humanity, and the end of world, life and humanity. From investigation of those topics theosophists try to discover a coherent description of the purpose and origin of the universe.

link to source

-----
You've got to be careful with getting that 'Lucifer juice' on you and anywhere near your mouth to swallow as it is known to cause severe mental retardation to those that have partaken.

Good advice. Must have been from experience. Try not to get any drool on the keyboard.
edit on 16-8-2012 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus won't share his beer

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
Their boogeyman has been credited by Theosophy for it though:

Yeah? And? What does that have to do with me? I do not believe in such nonsense.

Not surprising such retarded morality sets in with these people when their own publications for their 'disciples' officially promotes the dissemination of propaganda:

The only retarded aspect of it is believing in the Devil and that he made them do it.

You Lucifer-believers are comical.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ah, the error is found in the definition itself of the religion. You are looking at an exoteric site, wikipedia, to try understand a religion that is esoteric, that is 'hidden knowledge' for the elect, sages ect.

Their prince...who is also the seducing serpent Satan; but that Satan is also Lucifer, the bright angel of Light,

Blavatsky, H.P. (2011-06-20). The Secret Doctrine: All Volumes (Illustrated) (Kindle Locations 15368-15371). . Kindle Edition.

the Astral Light may be God and Devil at once...Lucifer is divine and terrestrial light, the "Holy Ghost" and "Satan," at one and the same time

Blavatsky, H.P. (2011-06-20). The Secret Doctrine: All Volumes (Illustrated) (Kindle Locations 22643-22646). . Kindle Edition.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

I strongly believe that the only reason they make so many connections between Satan and Lucifer; is because it would be easier to associate with people who he really is. Regardless, of either or, just because Christianity, one of the most arrogant and biased religions, says this is some evil boogeyman that forces people to do wrong; is the most ridiculous way to base assumptions. It is clear that the Church is only interested in promoting counterfeits of true Spirituality; therefore it would only make sense that anything considered true spirituality, is to be consider the works of the devil..

(105) Jesus said, "He who knows the father and the mother will be called the son of a harlot."

Remember all those pictures I posted of the Sun and the Moon? In esoteric tradition, the Sun is considered the Father, and the Moon, our Mother.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You best be careful of those Theosophists then who are basically co-opting Masons as there own then...

There will not be any dissociation between the universal church [i.e the Vatican], the sacred lodge of all true masons and the inner circles of all esoteric societies...in this way the goals and work of the United Nations shall be solidified and a new church of God, led by all the religions and by all spiritual groups shall put an end the great heresy of separateness.
Alice A. Bailey, The Externalization of the Hierarchy (New York: Lucis Trust) p.476

Hmmm, sounds like you are not towing the line as Theosophists are concerned...you just might be on the chopping block

Concerning the coming appearance of their false god Lucifer/Satan:

The major effect of his appearance will surely be to demonstrate in every land the effects of a spirit of inclusiveness—an inclusiveness which will be channelled or expressed through him. All who seek right human relations will be gathered automatically to him, whether they are in one of the great world religions or not...all who see no true or basic difference between religion and religion or between man and man or nation and nation will rally around him; those who embody the spirit of exclusiveness and separateness will stand automatically and equally revealed and all men will know them for what they are.
Alice Bailey, The Reappearance of the Christ: p.110

To be accused of 'separateness' is the harshest criticism you can be given by a theosophist:

the true nature of cosmic evil finds its major expression in wrong thinking, false values, and the supreme evil of materialistic selfishness and the sense of isolated separativeness.
Alice A. Bailey, The Rays and the Initiations: Volume V, A Treatise on the Seven Rays, 1960, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 753.

Welcome to the camp, you're going to be on the same chopping block as the Christian's who also have the spirit of separateness.

2 Corinthians 6:17 Therefore come out from among them, and be you separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join