It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't thing so. It's pretty clear there is a connection. All we do form there is follow the Axis Mundi lines and follow the urine stain of symbols that are left at the site. The Theosophic Hermetic tradition of the Cult of Reason leaves it's mark. Freemasonry is the epicenter of this Cult today and yesterday. It's the conspiracy of all conspiracies. Looking at who the Masons find as an enemy gives us the truth behind the scheme of the NWO. Deny it all you want. People are wise to the lie.

Main article: Rose Line

In certain circles, some kind of occult or esoteric significance is ascribed to the Paris meridian; sometimes it is even perceived as a sinister axis. Dominique Stezepfandts, a French conspiracy theorist, attacks the Arago medallions that supposedly trace the route of "an occult geographical line"; to him the Paris meridian is a "Masonic axis" or even "the heart of the Devil."

Henry Lincoln, in his book The Holy Place, argues that various ancient structures are aligned according to the Paris meridian. They even include medieval churches, built long before the meridian was established according to conventional history, and Lincoln finds it obvious that the meridian "was based upon the 'cromlech intersect division line'." David Wood, in his book Genisis, likewise ascribes a deeper significance to the Paris meridian and takes it into account when trying to decipher the geometry of the myth-encrusted village of Rennes-le-Château: The meridian passes about 350 meters (1,150 ft) west of the site of the so-called "Poussin tomb," an important location in the legends and esoteric theories relating to that place. (A skeptical discussion of these theories, including the supposed "alignments," can be found in Bill Putnam and Edwin Wood's book The Treasure of Rennes-le-Château - A mystery solved.)
LINK

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
A Meridian is based on time and the sun. December 2012 is 2012.9. The point is pretty clear.

I guess it is clear if you are one the sad people who got sucked into that whole 'Mayan 2012' crap.

The Louvre is at the Paris Meridian, right there at the Pyramid. I wonder why?

Oh, no! Did you just get duped again? Novels are not a source. Dan Brown is not your friend.

In the Louvre area, the meridian line marked by the Arago medallions actually runs through the museum and the great courtyard at a spot considerably to the east of the Inverted Pyramid. The medallions in the museum are behind ticketed access points, while the Inverted Pyramid is located in a public mall next to the museum. Source

Considerably to the east of the Inverted Pyramid. I guess this would fall under your broad defintion of 'precise'.

edit on 12-8-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: Adventism is a brainwashing cult.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Freemasonry is the epicenter of this Cult today and yesterday.

Whatever. I personally find Adventism to be cultish as it obviously diminishes one's ability to use logic, reason and mathematics.

Looking at who the Masons find as an enemy gives us the truth behind the scheme of the NWO. Deny it all you want.

There is nothing to deny. The enemies of Masonry have been the Vatican, Hitler, Stalin, etc, etc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

I like which side I am on.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm just curious as to how many times people are going to change the unit of measure to prove a certain landmark is at a certain lat-long? Your theory gets shot down so you change the unit of measure or theory. It's really quite laughable that you will hold on to a belief no matter how much fact contradicts you.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I would like to show you something that you may, or may not be familiar with..

Ever seen this before?

Or what about this?

And...

So have you noticed a recurring theme in all of these portraits?Or what about now?

Augustus was indeed correct when he listed the Vatican as the Freemasons number one enemy of the list, whether by chance or choice. 2000 years ago when the Church turned on the teaching of the Sun/Moon, Secret societies arose to safeguard that information.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I'm just curious as to how many times people are going to change the unit of measure to prove a certain landmark is at a certain lat-long? Your theory gets shot down so you change the unit of measure or theory. It's really quite laughable that you will hold on to a belief no matter how much fact contradicts you.

From Paris Zero Point Meridian to Mount Herman is 2012.9 miles. From the equator, it is 33 degrees in distance. From Paris Zero, it is 33 degrees in distance. I even showed you this on Google Earth in a picture. I provided references. What I didn't do in my original post is notice that it was Paris and not Greenwich. I think most people get the evidence as stated.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
And Yet, God was there first.

Deuteronomy 4

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars —all the heavenly array —do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

They are against the church of Rome because they are one and the same. The narrow path is not esoteric and it is not exoteric. It is the narrow path between. Neither false religion is correct. There are two sets of mysteries. That makes six. The three true mysteries are in the middle and not the other two enemies of each other. In the middle, we have the neutral that was there all along. Proton, Neutron and Electron. The Proton and Electron are fighting each other while the Neutron reveals the truth in the middle. The true Sons of Light have know all along.

God brought me out of Egypt. He offers the same for all.

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I would like to show you something that you may, or may not be familiar with..

Ever seen this before?

Or what about this?

And...

So have you noticed a recurring theme in all of these portraits?Or what about now?

Augustus was indeed correct when he listed the Vatican as the Freemasons number one enemy of the list, whether by chance or choice. 2000 years ago when the Church turned on the teaching of the Sun/Moon, Secret societies arose to safeguard that information.

edit on 13-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You completely missed the point...What about now?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I like what you said when people talk about god being above aka as in one nation under god which to most implies god being above them or over them

I think what about below or better god down within us earth the very atoms of what composes all that exists as above so below, as below so above
Only a fool or a slave would think of god being above them ruling over all beneath him
because what is more full of that which is god

the empty sky above you and beyond you
or the earth beneath you
or you yourself

Of the three which is closer to god

I have to ask when one says Jesus is the way and that only his teachings matter
what are his teachings
what is his way
I have yet to read anything that originated directly from Jesus and their is nothing concrete about christen teachings besides turning the other check and love everyone "except" those that do not except Jesus as lord and savor
What's to be saved from or who for that matter

The devil Satan hell
or my soul from the sins that will send me to hell instead of heaven
Last time I check this planet has more pleasures then heaven and more horrors then hell
why should heaven be built on the hells of so many that looks like a pyramid all to the top being where god(s) seats on his throne

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AsherahoftheSea

Originally posted by prevenge
[sure it does.. Masonry teaches that through education therein lies salvation.

Cool! That's what I teach and support. I have never researched Masonry and I really don't know what it's all about, but I am sure there are places where we are similar if they really are founded on True and actual Luciferian influence, like many say they are. I am a self-proclaimed Gnostic Luciferian, and I hope to change the way most people think of Lucifer, if I can break past the barriers of defense that people like Christians erect to avoid what they view as being deceived from the path, even if that process leads them from the Straight and Narrow to the Pathless Path...

right on.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

sure it does.. Masonry teaches that through education therein lies salvation.

Interesting way to approach the point.

I was, as I am sure you know, addressing his comments about spiritual salvation in regards religion.

hmm.. i've seen "education" used as the 'spiritual messiah' in masonic literature as well... as a path to union with the divine.
one is indeed blind on the path without the 'light' light = knowledge.. = education.

...who carries the light?
edit on 8/13/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Actually it has been pointed out that from your Paris Meridian or from Greenwhich that Mt. Hermon does not fall on the 33rd parallel.

reply to post by prevenge

Education isn't our messiah.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

From Paris Zero Point Meridian to Mount Herman is 2012.9 miles. From the equator, it is 33 degrees in distance. From Paris Zero, it is 33 degrees in distance. I even showed you this on Google Earth in a picture. I provided references. What I didn't do in my original post is notice that it was Paris and not Greenwich. I think most people get the evidence as stated.

Nice of you to leave off the minutes and seconds which add SIXTEEN KILOMETERS to the distance.

I know in conspiracy land, in which you firmly reside, sixteen kilometers is considered close enough to be 'precise' when used to attempt to prove the location of a place. However, in the real world, where the rest of us live, SIXTEEN KILOMETERS is a pretty fair distance to travel.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

hmm.. i've seen "education" used as the 'spiritual messiah' in masonic literature as well... as a path to union with the divine.

Interesting. Do you have a link to the place where you read this. I would be curious to see the context and the author.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You are playing the game of having a secret but not coming right out and saying it. Just use words and provide some context to what you are saying. I have read the Emerald Tablet of Hermes and all the books you have read. Just give me your perspective and save some time here.

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

You completely missed the point...What about now?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I am a Christian. It is good to search for truth, provided we search in the right places. There is much foolishness in the world which will consume our time and lead us away from what we are really searching for. Our spirit will recognise truth if we are attuned to it, and will listen.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Read This Thread: LINK

Originally posted by IblisLucifer

I like what you said when people talk about god being above aka as in one nation under god which to most implies god being above them or over them

I think what about below or better god down within us earth the very atoms of what composes all that exists as above so below, as below so above
Only a fool or a slave would think of god being above them ruling over all beneath him
because what is more full of that which is god

the empty sky above you and beyond you
or the earth beneath you
or you yourself

Of the three which is closer to god

I have to ask when one says Jesus is the way and that only his teachings matter
what are his teachings
what is his way
I have yet to read anything that originated directly from Jesus and their is nothing concrete about christen teachings besides turning the other check and love everyone "except" those that do not except Jesus as lord and savor
What's to be saved from or who for that matter

The devil Satan hell
or my soul from the sins that will send me to hell instead of heaven
Last time I check this planet has more pleasures then heaven and more horrors then hell
why should heaven be built on the hells of so many that looks like a pyramid all to the top being where god(s) seats on his throne

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

The same struggle I outlined here is the same struggle that is outlined in this thread (LINK). Here is a portion of the article linked here. LINK

Having the correct premise is important when viewing the symbols that were implied over the centuries. The implication goes two ways, just as the polarity of all things. We either attach or detach by means of four operations: Cohesion, Adhesion, Attraction and Repulsion. The Sons of Light and the Sons of Darkness. The odd part is that Darkness says it's the light. They are seeing in a mirror. The Sons of Light see their own Darkness. Again, they are seeing in a mirror. In reality, the Sons of Light can only know they are light by seeing their darkness and correcting it with the Son of God, the true light. Humility can only see the lowered state and understand. Pride views itself as rising above the harmony of God. It's an image and a mirror. Keep that in mind.

Although the below makes a good story, this is merely a reflection of the symbolism of what is outlined in the thread linked above. In reality, God is sovereign and completely in charge of both the Angel of Light and the Angel of Darkness. Lucifer is us if we work against God. There is no single Lucifer. Remember, there is a twin as well that works with God. In reality, the Son is either the prodigal that returns or stays among the swine.

Listen to the Song. It's you and I. The Stones are the ones moving. Remember that. The Stone is the Cornerstone. He is Eternal and unmoved. Song (Rolling Stones)

The greatest mystery of the universe is the mystery of Lucifer. Lucifer is the highest angel in heaven who wanted to ascend into the level equal with the Most High God. The mystery of mysteries is an angelic being who knew all the knowledge of the universe and understood all the mysteries of existence, and yet chooses to sin against God.The question is how could he being a created being even conceive and believe in such an idea that he could become the creator himself?

The answer to the greatest mystery of all is found in understanding the universal aspect of God. Lucifer knew that all power in the universe resides in the universal aspect of God which is the universal subconscious mind of God. The same power that God has is available to all beings. God’s power is available to all his creatures. Therefore it is the personal aspect of God that Lucifer sought to usurp sovereign rulership from.

The only way Lucifer seeks to usurp God’s sovereign authority and rulership of the universe is by using God’s power against God. Lucifer knows the way to win against a more powerful opponent is by using his power against himself. Therefore Lucifer is attempting that towards God by using the universal power of God against the Personal Aspect of God.

Lucifer was the firstborn of the angels in heaven. The angels were the sons of God and the princes of the cosmos. Lucifer was more powerful than any other prince except for one. He may have been the firstborn of the angels but he was not the firstborn of God. The one greater than Lucifer was the only begotten Son of God. He is also known as the Angel of The Lord. His name is Jesus, the one who is coeternal and coequal with The Father.

Although the personal aspect of God consists of three personalities which forms the trinity, it is Jesus who represents the personal aspect of God most of all. He that has seen the Son has seen the Father. The entire bible is the sum of the word of God revealed as a person. The bible is the only holy book that is a revelation of the Person of God in Christ Jesus.

Lucifer wanted to become the fourth person of the Godhead. Lucifer believes he can evolve into being God. He believed that since created beings are divine aspects of God, they possess the potential to ascend to the level of the Most High personality if they could conceive and believe in such a possibility.

But to do that would be to defy God because he did not have permission to do so. Lucifer felt that he did not need permission from God to do so anyway since to be like the Most High means he answered to no one but himself. He felt that the highest authority isn’t given but is to be taken. Lucifer has corrupted his wisdom by reason of his brightness. He has ascended beyond the level of genius into insanity.

So he decided to rise above his rightful position as the guardian of God’s throne to become as one who sits upon the throne instead. There was an outbreak in heaven as the angels wondered whether or not to recognize Lucifer’s newfound self declared sovereignty. As a result, Jesus allowed all the hosts of heaven to decide among themselves whom they shall serve and pledge allegiance to.

With his great powers of persuasion, Lucifer convinced a third of the angelic powers to aid him on his quest to be sovereign like the Most High. If Lucifer succeeded, it would prove that the rest of them could also be like the Most High.

The rest of the angelic powers remained faithful and true to the Lord. Hence there was a great battle among the sons of God that caused the powers of the heavens to be shaken and the fate of the universe to hang in suspense as prince clashed against prince and angel fought against angel.

Prince Michael commandeered the angelic army that battled against Lucifer and his angels. It seemed that Lucifer would win the fight because he was the stronger one. But in the end Michael received power from The Father and was able to defeat Lucifer and cast him and his angels out of heaven.

After being defeated, why does Lucifer still continue to fight against God? Shouldn’t he realize that God is supreme and repent from his mistake? The reason is because he believes that he can still win the war against God one day. He just needs more power. He gains power by the collective consciousness that worship another God other than the true God of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Good post. Very informative. I have one little problem with it, however...

One, you are taking it way too literally. There is an underlying meaning to this story, and I suspect that you have not even guessed at all of its symbology and what it's really trying to say. Because literalism only requires what you already have at hand, and metaphoric understanding requires quite a bit of background info (conspicuously absent) you rely on the literal meaning because that's the easiest road. And that's what it's always been about.

You can see it in the world today. We choose what's easiest, most convenient. The human condition, the human nature, is to do what's familiar. So if we happen to find a halfway coherent explanation, we'll rationalize to fill in the remaining gaps and make IT suit OUR feelings and beliefs, rather than adjusting our perspective to suit the truth. And therein lies the conflict. Instead of adjusting ourselves to the truth, we adjust the truth to ourselves so we feel better about it. When we find the truth, before we ever consider the validity of the truth, we consider how we feel about it. Before we have ever decided if we believe it or not, we've already pondered to ourselves, "Do we WANT to accept this truth?"

And if we don't, we rationalize, and we either change it to suit us, or find a reason why we shouldn't accept it. And this works with every kind of inabsolute truth we've ever conceived in the history of mankind. We will think about how WE feel about it before we ever think about whether it's actually true. Because the truth doesn't matter to the majority. What matters is the world inside our head, the only place where anything is real. We don't like a truth we aren't comfortable with. And that's where our "selective comprehension" gift comes into play. We CHOOSE what we believe, we CHOOSE how we want to believe it, and we CHOOSE how we show it or when. If it was really the truth, there'd be no choice. Know it, or lie to yourself. Those are the only options. And yet we find ourself choosing...which implies a wide range of "truth", which implies varying degrees of adjustment for the purpose of comfort and ease of "passage", or ease of acceptance.

And that's how our own nature has crippled us regarding religion. And that's why I don't like religion, because it tempts us to do that, and we give in far too often for it to be truly effective. Spirituality is a more one-on-one thing, and it's much harder for others to influence you when it's a personal journey, because you are forced to come to your own answers. And when peer pressure or peer rationality doesn't encourage you to stick with the simplest definition and "don't think too much about it", you come to more accurate answers on your own.

Because the group mentality is "don't question things too much." That's how it's always been. And so, in my opinion, religion, or group-search, is a lot less effective than spirituality, or personal-search. Unless the group makes a point of managing it the personal-search way. Hence, theosophy instead of Christianity...obviously, the one is a lot less restrictive than the other, and the human condition, in groups, is always restrictive. At least with Christians, it is. And if you aren't restrictive, you're a very RELAXED Christian...which isn't how it used to be, and is more due to modern culture than anything else. But there's still traditionalists...fear of new ideas, you know.

Does this make sense to anyone? I tried to explain it as thoroughly as possible.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

do you even realize how much power you are giving to this "Lucifer"? You are obsessed with him.
Treat him like a troll, ignore him, and he has no power. Damn, if you put the same energy you spend worrying about Lucifer into helping others, you might actually have a good use for your time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Dan Brown is not your friend.

Neither is "God", but you don't see anybody questioning that kind of indirect translated interpretation of uncertain possible supernatural commune, eh?

Interestingly, Dan Brown makes a point of stating that every geographical detail mentioned in that novel is perfectly accurate. A bit of a bold statement if he knew that it was incorrect.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join