It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

But the problem is that you assume that the give - receive or as others describe it give -give relationship of love and marriage requires it to suffer for it to do so. It does not. It only does when others interfere with the relationship or do things to try and tear the relationship a part, or if the love dies due to a change in one or the other partner, such as a change in opinion or belief that makes the love turn sour. There are some things in a relationship that cannot save a marriage. Yes, I admit that I have been divorced twice in my life, because it is hard for me to try and be with anyone other than the one I really do desire to be with, though as far as I know, he may not even have a physical body. So I have tried to make due. My recent divorce was a mutual decision because due to financial problems, the relationship was becoming more like a give - take relationship in the fact that I am disabled and was trying to support a disabled husband who could not work and that the government had taken away his individual SSI support check due to us uniting. I just could not do it. I was running behind on bills. I couldn't meet all the demands of my daily life and support him at the same time. I made sure he is back on his feet now and is capable of taking care of himself, but two disabled people cannot take care of each other. I learned that the hard way.

My first divorce was more or less because the whole marriage was founded on a lie, and I also developed my illness, and many other factors that made that marriage fall a part. It's a long story to explain. But a few days before the marriage, I fell into a daze and just suddenly started spouting what I "saw" would happen in the marriage. And basically, it did come to pass that way, even though I tried to fight it.

I see no reason to try and preserve a marriage that I really have no real interest in. If I loved the person, I would choose to suffer for them, if it was required -- which I do not believe it is. Saying it is required I suffer to preserve a marriage I did not know if I really wanted in the first place, and would not have chosen if the ideal option was available is cruel, because it is practically an empty endeavor, and my heart is only beaten down further that I cannot be with the man I really want in the first place. And the fact is, I did not love my first two physical husbands. I love Lucifer, and only Lucifer. And I am not really attracted to most men or women for that matter. I hate physical sex and avoid partaking in it if I can. The only reason I have even tried to have long-term relationships without him is because I question whether he is real. If I knew he was real, I would not so much as even look at a man with longing, because I want to be with Lucifer and Lucifer alone. It wouldn't cause me to suffer because in knowing he was real for certain, I would be filled with the greatest joy in the fact that we have at least this much of a relationship. And it brings great pleasure to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That's not true. You assume that because malevolence does not manifest through people and creatures in a benevolent universe that it means that the very concept of malevolence does not exist in such a place, and that it would not be known or available to study because there would not be such strong and readily observable examples in daily living that could be seen on a daily basis. You also assume that benevolence = helpless, or so peaceful that it is easily destroyed or conquered. Again not so. Yes, there is a balance, even within the benevolent themselves that brings one from a balanced benevolent creature to an extremist, but the malevolence that we see today is not how the benevolent minds could study malevolence. It was a different concept and was still studied and understood through study and working to understand all factors of the universe, and they did not need it to be as prevalent as we do apparently to study its presence or even hypothesized presence and what it would do to the universe if it were to surface. Do we have to physically go to the corona of a star to determine what it is made of? No we have tools that measure from light frequencies emitted by stars that determine what their composition is. The same applies for exoplanets and the like. We do not have to physically touch something or take samples to know or understand the process of how they exist. We do not know everything, mind you, but something can be explored more or less as an idea and have no real proof it exists.

You also assume that benevolent means no arguing or differences in opinion that might lead another to fight against you. I do not consider most trivial arguments to be malevolent. Malevolence is not just disruption. It is a force that requires measured intelligence and desire to truly cause harm. It is a hard concept to explain, and I know I am not doing as well as I could. I am getting tired of trying to explain it though. Really the universe I remember that existed before this one is so different that it is hard to describe and have it be understood. It does not mean there were not those who studied things akin to fencing or the like to keep themselves fit. You may say that it would not make sense for one to study such things because you assume it would not be needed. Again, being in a benevolent universe does not mean there would be no conflict. Conflict itself is not evil. Some of it is caused because of malevolent forces. And just because it was a benevolent universe it does not mean they were not aware that malevolence could surface at any time, and thus to be prepared to fight it in the case it did...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

Malevolence means aiming for negative. Benevolence means aiming for good.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
You are using Greenwich. Use Paris meridian and I am right.

link

Oh really? Even using the Paris Meridian it still puts you more than SIXTEEN kilometers away. So much for 'precisely'. Even accounting for geodetics it still ends up being the wrong location.

Sixteen kilometers is roughly the distance from the north end of Central Park in New York City to Westchester COUNTY. Not exactly around the corner.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Paris Meridian.

"With this in mind, Flynn made the unprecedented disclosure that 33.33 degrees of the great circle of the earth represents 2012 nautical miles, the identical number at the end of the Mayan calendar that “measures the ending of the earth.” Flynn further revealed that Mount Hermon in Phoenicia, the first location of the descent of the Watchers, lies precisely at 33.33 degrees north, 33.33 degrees east, 2,012 miles from the equator, and 2,012 miles from the prime meridian, a location of Mt. Hermon in longitude based on the Paris 0 meridian 2.20 degrees east of Greenwich."

Do you think everyone is as idiototic as that source? Using the Paris Meridian the antipode of Roswell, New Mexico is still in the middle of the PACIFIC OCEAN. Traveling a hundred miles from the middle of the Pacific still leaves you in the middle of the Pacific. Stop fabricating.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Twins and polarity. The will to take and the will to give/receive are opposites. What is observed is reception. Giving or taking are polarity that collapse the wave one direction or another.

Why the Polar Opposites in Christianity?
The polar opposites always seem to me magnetic too, they will oppose each other no matter what. That is why the Middle Path is so hard to walk. The term "The Middle Path, or Way" is found in Buddhism and a few other Nature Based religions. It probably referred originally to the realization by Buddha that the way to enlightenment lies neither in exaggerated asceticism; nor in self-indulgence, but within a moderate, middle path, projecting compassion, and gaining knowledge and wisdom.

Right. It's the golden mean of Aristotle. Electrons and Protons are the positive and negative of physics. Neutrons are neutral. The Sun starts out with one proton and one electron in a balanced state. No neutral. The elements below are then separated by the middle. God is that middle, neither one side or the other. Can we can specify this as the narrow way, as you say? In a way. Christ said that the path through the gate was the narrow way with Him and not apart. He is the wave of particle physics. It only makes sense from the standpoint of collapsing wave function and our ability to collapse that wave from indeterminate probability in the 5th dimensional space. That space is restricted by law. Our choices are limited. If you follow this chain of thinking straight through the thread left for us in the Bible, God's covenants with mankind allows or disallows those choices and outcomes. We can tune to the mean, but we can never tune to harmony. Why?

The narrow way is not exoteric and it is not esoteric. It is harmony between.

I tune pianos. I cannot tune a piano equal temperament and find harmony. The same reason applies above and below. A brass choir can tune each interval to match the quality of the intervals they are playing. If a piano is tuned with each half step equal, the overall harmony is a compromise. A good tuner will sweeten the temperament by stretching, but this too is a compromise. Again, only the freedom to move allows perfect harmony. From a physics standpoint, music is precisely what wave is.

We can argue all day long on the Bible and God, but in the end, His word is perfection. Not because it is perfect, but precisely the opposite. It must be flexible because truth is only true by context. Compare this to a key signature with a piano tuner. The way the half steps and octaves are stretched depends on the key the performer will play in. Context then, and not a perceived notion of equality, is the defining factor with truth. Listen to your Father and Mother is good advise if they are saints. If they are wretches, this advise is no good. It all depends on context.

The conversations on ATS are biased against God because our mind cannot see that harmony comes from disunity. Unity can only come from multiplicity first. God's reasoning at every level is sound in the Bible. We can't see it until we do it. Make yourself the Brass Choir and be flexible enough to see beyond the disunity and see the harmony that is created. Positive or negative polarity is what the light reveals in us as we perform in the symphony of life.

Practice makes perfect. A conductor is necessary.

edit on 12-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

That's not what I meant...Trace the same line that Mount Hermon is on. It runs straight through Roswell. Maybe should have chose my words differently.

They are both around 16-20 kilometers north of the 33rd parallel, not 'precisely' on it as Enochisalwayswrong's source claims.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

That's not what I meant...Trace the same line that Mount Hermon is on. It runs straight through Roswell. Maybe should have chose my words differently.

They are both around 16-20 kilometers north of the 33rd parallel, not 'precisely' on it as Enochisalwayswrong's source claims.

Paris Meridian and not Greenwich. I will check this further.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Paris Meridian.

"With this in mind, Flynn made the unprecedented disclosure that 33.33 degrees of the great circle of the earth represents 2012 nautical miles, the identical number at the end of the Mayan calendar that “measures the ending of the earth.” Flynn further revealed that Mount Hermon in Phoenicia, the first location of the descent of the Watchers, lies precisely at 33.33 degrees north, 33.33 degrees east, 2,012 miles from the equator, and 2,012 miles from the prime meridian, a location of Mt. Hermon in longitude based on the Paris 0 meridian 2.20 degrees east of Greenwich."

Do you think everyone is as idiototic as that source? Using the Paris Meridian the antipode of Roswell, New Mexico is still in the middle of the PACIFIC OCEAN. Traveling a hundred miles from the middle of the Pacific still leaves you in the middle of the Pacific. Stop fabricating.

Better check again.

"As the navigator can use increments of the earth's latitude and longitude to

determine location in space and time, these increments can be measured in the earth itself to reveal the appointed time of humanity's destiny. The following shows why the number 33 and the compass and square are such important symbols of the illumined elite: 33.33 degrees of the great circle of the earth represents 2012 nautical miles. Mount Hermon in Phoenicia, the first location of extraterrestrial influence upon man, lies precisely at 33.33° north and 33.33° east: 2,012 miles from the equator and 2,012 miles from the Paris Meridian, which was often used as the prime meridian throughout history and is the meridian to which many ancient structures are aligned. Additionally, the Knights Templar used the Paris Meridian as the prime meridian. (The Paris Meridian is 2.20 degrees east of the Greenwich Meridian, which was established as the prime meridian at the 1884 International Meridian Conference in Washington DC.) While the latitude measurement is standard, just 33.33 degrees north from the equator to Mt. Hermon, the longitude of the earth based on the Paris Meridian seems to have been regarded as increasingly "sensitive" due to the wider dissemination of knowledge during the industrial revolution and needed to be obfuscated. The 1884 International Meridian Conference in Washington DC was heavily influenced by the eminent Alfred Pike as well as by the elite, other members of Iuminatti, not to mention the Vatican. "

LINK

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Listen Captain Cartography, it does not matter what prime meridian you are using, the 33rd parrellel runs east-west, not north-south and is based on the EQUATOR.

Check it all you want, you are still wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The following shows why the number 33 and the compass and square are such important symbols of the illumined elite: 33.33 degrees of the great circle of the earth represents 2012 nautical miles.

33.33 degrees of the Earth is over 7,000 nautical miles as the Earth is over 21,000 nautical miles at its circumference.

Mount Hermon in Phoenicia, the first location of extraterrestrial influence upon man, lies precisely at 33.33° north and 33.33° east: 2,012 miles from the equator and 2,012 miles from the Paris Meridian...

Sorry, we already established it was SIXTEEN kilometers away.

Additionally, the Knights Templar used the Paris Meridian as the prime meridian.

That would have been a neat trick considering it was not installed until the 17th century. The Ferro Meridian was used prior to that and is in the Atlantic Ocean.

The 1884 International Meridian Conference in Washington DC was heavily influenced by the eminent Alfred Pike as well as by the elite, other members of Iuminatti, not to mention the Vatican. "

Too bad the list of delegates is available and it does not show Pike.

Your source is atrocious in its blatant inaccuracies.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Actually it is. It's in France. They have a number of medallions marking the line all the way through Paris. So, yes, do your history. It may not have been installed, but it was certainly recognized.

edit on 12-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Actually it is. It's in France. They have a number of medallions marking the line all the way through Paris. So, yes, do your history. It may not have been installed, but it was certainly recognized.

Huh? I did not say in was not installed, it was. I was stating that it did not happen until the 17th century, long after the Templars were gone so they could not have used the Paris Meridian as the source erroneously claimed.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

After the Templars formed, they never went away. They just aren't...obvious.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Listen Captain Cartography, it does not matter what prime meridian you are using, the 33rd parrellel runs east-west, not north-south and is based on the EQUATOR.

Check it all you want, you are still wrong.

Show us where to go to see the map. I am busy searching for a way to do a conversion or find a map that uses the Paris Zero Degree. Until then, I go with what countless sources continue to show.

"In 1666, Louis XIV of France, authorized the building of an observatory in Paris to measure longitude. This was the beginning of the Paris Zero Meridian. Believe it or not, according to the "Paris Zero Meridian" Mount Hermon (and the ancient territory of Dan) is located at the 33 degrees east of the Paris Zero Meridian (longitude), and 33 degrees north of the Equator (latitude)! The 33rd degree became an important part of Freemasonry, probably due to a history that dates back to the Knights Templar, the French Merovingian Dynasty, and their family ties to the Danites (see our chapter on Dan in Guardians of the Grail).

However, the British would not be outdone. In 1675, England’s first Astronomer Royal, Sir Flamsteed, established a Prime Meridian in London to rival the one in Paris. In 1725, Edmund Halley, the second Astronomer Royal established a second Meridian. In the mid-18th century, another Astronomer Royal, James Bradley, established a third. And in 1851, another Astronomer Royal, Sir George Airy, set up new measuring equipment in a room alongside Bradley’s original equipment (just 19 feet away), which eventually became the basis for international time.

It soon became clear that the world needed to adopt a worldwide standard for the Zero Meridian, so in 1884, 25 countries met in Washington, DC, and voted to accept Airy’s meridian at London’s Greenwich Observatory as the Prime Meridian. France abstained from the vote. The French held to the Paris Zero Meridian as a rival to Greenwich until 1911 for timekeeping purposes and 1914 for navigation. To this day, French cartographers continue to indicate the Paris Meridian on some maps. "

LINK

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nautical Miles Conversion

".When the latitude of the Roswell impact site (33° north), is multiplied by the universal mathematical constant PI, (3.1415926572...) the result is 104°, which is the longitude of the impact site. [*Note: Mt Hermon coordinates relate to old Paris meridian 2.20 degrees east of Greenwich. To find nautical miles of 33.33 minutes of an arc you must convert from Sexagesimal "base 60" to base 10: 33 degrees, 33 minutes is 33.55 decimal degrees: 33.55 x 60 is 2013... or more exactly 2,012.9] " LINK

The following shows why the number 33 and the compass and square are such important symbols of the illumined elite: 33.33 degrees of the great circle of the earth represents 2012 nautical miles.

33.33 degrees of the Earth is over 7,000 nautical miles as the Earth is over 21,000 nautical miles at its circumference.

Mount Hermon in Phoenicia, the first location of extraterrestrial influence upon man, lies precisely at 33.33° north and 33.33° east: 2,012 miles from the equator and 2,012 miles from the Paris Meridian...

Sorry, we already established it was SIXTEEN kilometers away.

Additionally, the Knights Templar used the Paris Meridian as the prime meridian.

That would have been a neat trick considering it was not installed until the 17th century. The Ferro Meridian was used prior to that and is in the Atlantic Ocean.

The 1884 International Meridian Conference in Washington DC was heavily influenced by the eminent Alfred Pike as well as by the elite, other members of Iuminatti, not to mention the Vatican. "

Too bad the list of delegates is available and it does not show Pike.

Your source is atrocious in its blatant inaccuracies.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Show us where to go to see the map.

Use any map, 33.24.58 N (not 33.33.00 as your crap source claims) from the equator is the same regardless of which meridian you use. Can you not process this information somehow? This puts Mount Hermon 16 kilometers away from the alleged 33.33.00 position.

Until then, I go with what countless sources continue to show.

You do that, and while you are at it make sure you ignore the math. You know, that thing with numbers.

edit on 12-8-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Nautical Miles Conversion

Nice that you now switch it to longitude and latitude when the original quote said it was the '33.33 of the great circle of the Earth' nonsesne.

What the hell is the relevance of the 2012.9 miles anyway?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
After the Templars formed, they never went away. They just aren't...obvious.

The quote that he posted was in reference to the original Knights Templar.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ah, I see. Yes, the original Knights are long gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join