It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I went to the premier of The Closer series finale last night in Hollywood it airs this coming Mon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I had never watched The Closer perhaps once or twice but I was invited to the finale premier in Hollywood for last night and went just for fun. I met all of the cast and crew, we watched the show and I was impressed with the show itself. I now am going to have to DVR all of the repeats. The cast was great and very down to earth, they seemed like a family that cared about each other. They hung out and talked with all of us and were just super cool, and funny. Now I guess (as I didn't watch The Closer) there is a spin off with almost all of the same cast called Major Crimes. Now I am going to have to watch that too. Do any of you watch the show and is it really as good as what I saw last night?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
never seen it and dont really care to. btw, actors are paid to be nice and promote the film/show they are in in a positive manner. you cannot take attitudes seriously at such events. Some are genuine, others are bought.

Oh, and im not interested not because i have a problem with this but because im not a "legal" or "crime" show fan. i used to like
CSI, in its first few seasons. then i just stoppped, lost interest in watching the same thing over and over i guess. is the show about closing cases or something. i do enjoy "through the wormhole" though.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Originally posted by kurthall

Do any of you watch the show and is it really as good as what I saw last night?
Have you ever eaten a hamburger?
Regarding the next hamburger you eat, do you think it will be as good as the hamburger I ate yesterday?

Kinda hard to answer that specific question.

Anyways, yes, I do watch it. To be honest though, I haven't really liked this current season too much. I just would have preferred not knowing that this was going to be the final season.

If you do end up watching more of it though, you should just go ahead and start at the very beginning. But that's just me though. For the most part, it is the week-to-week type of show, so you probably wouldn't be lost if you just randomly watched older reruns of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

never seen it and dont really care to.

Yet you cared enough to not only open this thread and read it, but to also post in it....

......hmmm. Intriguing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've seen the show a few times when the tv is on and the proper channel is there.
I never went out of my way but it was an ok show as far as shows go.
I'd like to watch and pick out the predictive programming where they blatantly violated peoples rights.
But hey, you see the same lying on cops too.
I wouldn't waste time watching the old episodes though.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

I know what you mean about them getting paid to be nice and etc, but I have been to a few of these premiers and met allot of actors and actresses (I am far from star struck) These people with the exception of 2 (Heck I don't even know there names and am not going to look em up
) were just different, enjoyable. I don't watch CSI of any kind what are there like 3 and I just started watching Persons of Interest, Criminal Minds and The Mentalist. I don't really watch that many TV shows thank God for DVRs though I can watch an hour show in like 40 min. Now though reading these reply's maybe I wont DVR the past The Closer shows...
I was kinda looking forward to it a little bit.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Don't let these people bring you down. Go get the DVRs and think for yourself. It's not a bad cast for the show and the show itself is pretty well developed. If you liked going to the premiere and the cast was great to you then I suggest you make your conclusion from the show itself. People are just jealous of other peoples success.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Originally posted by kurthall

Do any of you watch the show and is it really as good as what I saw last night?

It's still not exactly an easy answer, but now that I have actually watched the Series Finale (which just aired last night), I can at least attempt to answer your question.....

I still think that if you liked what you saw, then you will probably like the rest of the show, but I'm gonna have to say that in general, the average episode is not quite as good as that Finale. Close, but not quite. That Finale was just better than I was expecting.

As I mentioned previously, for the most part it is a week-to-week type of show, so most of the main story lines begin and end during 1 episode. So watching random episodes would be worth watching.

However, during the past 1½ Seasons or so, there were 2 sporadically recurring story arcs, that you now know the conclusion to. So personally, I would advise to just start at the beginning.

ETA: Did they also show the 'Major Crimes Pilot Episode', at the premiere that you went to?

It did seem like they put forth some extra effort, in order to ensure that they don't lose many viewers. They were successful with it, but they really need to start slacking off from all the bureaucratic red tape BS. (Which was the increasing side-effect created by the previously mentioned story-arcs of the last couple seasons of The Closer).

edit on 8/14/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join