It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA: July 2012 was the Hottest Month on Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

NOAA: July 2012 was the Hottest Month on Record

www.weather.com

In more than 117 years of records, July 2012 stands alone as not only the hottest July on record in the lower 48 United States, but also the hottest of any month on record in that time span. To put it another way, July 2012 was the hottest of more than 1,400 months that we've gone through since 1895.

The report released by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) on Wednesday says that July 2012 surpassed the previous record hottest month set in July 1936. That year was during the middle of the very dry and hot Dust Bowl era. Senior Meteorologist Stu Ostro (Twitter) says,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The heat is hot ya'll! Apparently even hotter than the dust bowl era! Geez and my light bill was still under 150. I don't know how we pulled that one off.

Anyway, is it global warming? Planet X? Hot air from Washington D.C? Who knows, I'm sure Satan would have told us to turn on the air after a few more weeks of that weather though.

www.weather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I can't believe it's hotter than the dust bowl era!

Here's to hoping it doesn't last as long. Personally I expect another mild winter.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

God I hope not. The spiders have been awful this year. All the bugs have just been out of control except for fleas for some odd reason. I hate the cold though, so this doesn't really bother me much. I also do Bikram Yoga, so you can imagine I'm pretty good in the heat.

ireport.cnn.com...
Check this sad mailbox
edit on 8-8-2012 by antonia because:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Great information thank you!

So I wonder if it is passing or will we see what is known as an Indian summer which may cause temps to rise even higher before it is all over?

Seems to me as if this is September weather in mo. This whole planting season has been off by 6-8 weeks.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

"When people ask me whether or not I believe in Global Warming, I simply reply with a question: Do you believe in Gravity"
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

July 2012 was the hottest of more than 1,400 months that we've gone through since 1895.

But, was it the hottest in the last 5,000?

[I don't know, I'm asking - but, that would be, you know... important, or something]

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
According to 'climate depot' 2012 has cooled slightly (so far) by 0.06 C. Also, the 'dirty thirties' were hotter than it is at the moment, (climate depot again). What about all that snow in South Africa, yes I know its their winter down there, but its very unusual for the whole of SA to have snow, plus Auckland, New Zealand, had snow for the first time in 75 years last year, right after that terrible earthquake..

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Intense information.

S&F to get this out there.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yep. It was the hottest temperature in recorded history.
A span of about 117 years which isn't really a span at all.
Considering humans have been around for millenia.
Do we really believe that the natives from thousands of years ago had it cooler?
I do not, but I do think they had just as hot summers, and had no way to accurately record it.

Really it's only a mere drop in the bucket of time.
But because MSM and humans today feed off drama, it's over-exaggerated.
Probably blown way out of proportion all for a cause and effect type response.
And people get frantic or worried, sometimes even chaotic.

All for what? A temperature that is out of our control anyways.
Sure it may be hot, but why make a big ado? Just adapt.

I see it as no big deal because there is nothing we can do about it.
We can't control what happens here on Earth so why make a big fuss?
It's not like increasing taxes will help with "climate change".
Or increasing energy costs would help with "the hottest year on record".

Do I think it's Nibiru or Planet X? Most certainly NO.
Do I think it's "climate change" or "global warming"...not by mans hands so NO.

Do I think it's the media playing with emotions trying to achieve an agenda?
Or maybe it's a hyped-up message being used to garner more support for higher taxes?
Most certainly YES.

There's nothing we can do about the temperatures achieved on Earth.
We have to adapt or suffer the fear mongering and consequences thereof.
Pretty simple to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
^ True, but it's still interesting to read the information and compare it to our lifetime and the lifetime of our grandparents. For me, the biggest concern is large-scale methane release for how much it threatens our current way of living.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by antonia

"When people ask me whether or not I believe in Global Warming, I simply reply with a question: Do you believe in Gravity"
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

I think this fella Tyson has taken a few too many punches to the head to come up with reasoning like that

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
records are there to be broke, and it is a relatively short time span, and the previous record was in the 1930s, so little to read from this- especially when it is regional, in the UK we have been having anything other than a "hot" July

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by antonia

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

I think this fella Tyson has taken a few too many punches to the head to come up with reasoning like that

Uh... we're talking a reknowned & brilliant Astrophysicist here, not the dude who bit off Hollyfield's ear, Spanky.

wtf?

top topics

join