Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Chick-Fil-A employee forgives ranting customer

page: 1
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yup the video speaks for itself and I will comment below....



Real Clear Politics Link

I think Rachel is an example of awesomeness.

Not only did she take that guff but she understood him and wishes no harm.
Very Cool Rachel!!




posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


She is a class act, and sets a great example for the rest of us to follow!



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


Compare the respectful response of Rachel, the bullied Chick-Fil-A employee with the hate and vile displayed by the 'liberal' gay rights movement.

The gay rights movement is its own worst enemy at times.
edit on 8-8-2012 by ollncasino because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


She is a class act, and sets a great example for the rest of us to follow!


Obviously I agree.

I posted this with the hopes ats can avoid the gay/straight conversation for one thread and just look at the forgiveness here.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ollncasino
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


Compare the respectful response of Rachel, the bullied Chick-Fil-A employee with the hate and vile displayed by the 'liberal' gay rights movement.

The gay rights movement is its own worst enemy at times.
edit on 8-8-2012 by ollncasino because: (no reason given)


right....you have an employee that worrys about losing her job if she doesn't respond like this, and compare that to a person on the recieving end of discrimination....do you know the phrase "comparing apples to oranges", or is that also "liberal" to you?



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


i think this guy that ranted works for chick-fil-a he alone has brought the evil corporation so much money it ridiculise, and now he continues to be part of a story that gives the evil corporation free advertising, either this guy is a complete idiot or he works for chick fil-a



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


i think this guy that ranted works for chick-fil-a he alone has brought the evil corporation so much money it ridiculise, and now he continues to be part of a story that gives the evil corporation free advertising, either this guy is a complete idiot or he works for chick fil-a


No, he was CFO for another company. He got fired for his display of stupidity. There is a thread on here about him getting fired.

Des



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze
 


now THAT is a conspiracy..


not factual but an interesting thought



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ollncasino
Compare the respectful response of Rachel, the bullied Chick-Fil-A employee with the hate and vile displayed by the 'liberal' gay rights movement.


Hate and vile? I don't see it from that video. He made his points, didn't call HER any names. He even said, "You deserve better." I thought she did an excellent job of "turning the other cheek." Maybe that will rub off on the intolerant corporation that she works for.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ollncasino
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


Compare the respectful response of Rachel, the bullied Chick-Fil-A employee with the hate and vile displayed by the 'liberal' gay rights movement.

The gay rights movement is its own worst enemy at times.
edit on 8-8-2012 by ollncasino because: (no reason given)


I am sure you know that man does not represent all gays striving for equal rights under the law. It's like claiming that Westboro Church represents all Christians who oppose equal rights for gays. Neither represents their respective group as a whole.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


Amazing, just AMAZING, OP starts out about a wonderful young lady who has the character to forgive and then low and behold, "Let the Pissin matches begin!!!!



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


Amazing, just AMAZING, OP starts out about a wonderful young lady who has the character to forgive and then low and behold, "Let the Pissin matches begin!!!!


yep. I think I should have put this in the OP..

I posted this with the hopes ats can avoid the gay/straight conversation for one thread and just look at the forgiveness here.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
She is a superb human being and a credit to her family and us all!



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I can't watch the video, but I'm happy that she forgave him. I think she deserved an in-person apology (with flowers), but you can't always get what you want.
He was very confrontational and to the WRONG person! What is she supposed to do about the owner's beliefs and statements?

Forgiveness is a wonderful thing! We should all participate in it as much as possible. It's very "freeing".



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I can't watch the video, but I'm happy that she forgave him. I think she deserved an in-person apology (with flowers), but you can't always get what you want.
He was very confrontational and to the WRONG person! What is she supposed to do about the owner's beliefs and statements?

Forgiveness is a wonderful thing! We should all participate in it as much as possible. It's very "freeing".


I mentioned in another thread that he did try to apologize in person and was understandably rebuffed by Rachel at Chick-Fil-A. It probably was just too soon for her and she hadn't fully processed the event yet. (guess) I think the dude was a total creep but I hope folks give him some credit. Rachel did..



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


just because he got fired from another company doesn't mean there was not some back door deals going down, if this guy was a cfo he knows something about business, right? he knew a viral video would be nothing but free advertising, whats the saying any publicity is good publicity, im calling bullsh*t on the whole thing,how much u want to bet chick fil-a stocked up on chicken before the announcement to maximize profits, and now i think about it, they media and the organizations involved in the media coverage need to put a face on the story so people sit and watch. Everybody wins, the gay community gets publicity for there cause, Christians get to spread the message of intolerance the chick fila company makes bank, and the news networks/government get sit back and laugh again about how its able to distract the masses from the real issues, with an issue that doesn't matter at all, F chick-fila, F the media , F the gay community F the breeders F the goverment, wake up people this stuff doesn't matter.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
First time for me to see this. I can understand the gentlemen`s outrage because a lot of gay people got rubbed real raw by the statements, and funding choices, of Chick Fil-A. They have almost no way to respond directly to the heads of the company.

With that said, the lady is a fellow worker, I am assuming he works for a living as well, and it morally wrong to treat a fellow worker in such a manner. She is working in fast food which is a rough gig to hold down. The wages are low and the treatment from customers and management is usually not very good. Instead of going to the drive though and going off on a fellow worker(all workers regardless if you work for a different company are fellow workers) and adding more stress to a person who is dealing with A-holes all day, he could have been nice to her and said something like `Things must be a little rougher than normal at your job recently. Hang in there.`

I am sure a few words of kindness would have meant the world to the lady. I used to work at a fast food place when I was younger and when customers said nice things to me it did make working at the greasy hell hole a little bit easier; at least for an hour or two.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hate and vile? I don't see it from that video. He made his points, didn't call HER any names. He even said, "You deserve better." I thought she did an excellent job of "turning the other cheek." Maybe that will rub off on the intolerant corporation that she works for.


The gay rights movement scored a huge own goal with its Chick-Fil-A boycott that not only fell flat on its face, it backfired, while the CFO's little rant which led him to be fired was the icing on the cake.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by ollncasino
Compare the respectful response of Rachel, the bullied Chick-Fil-A employee with the hate and vile displayed by the 'liberal' gay rights movement.


Hate and vile? I don't see it from that video. He made his points, didn't call HER any names. He even said, "You deserve better." I thought she did an excellent job of "turning the other cheek." Maybe that will rub off on the intolerant corporation that she works for.


The hate and vile is not just based upon that video.

Chick-fil-A is far from being the intolerant corporation that christianphobes want it viewed as.



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 





Hate and vile? I don't see it from that video. He made his points, didn't call HER any names. He even said, "You deserve better." I thought she did an excellent job of "turning the other cheek." Maybe that will rub off on the intolerant corporation that she works for.


Turning the other cheek to what? Did she turn the other cheek to tolerance? Did she turn the other cheek to respect filled criticisms? Turn the other cheek? I think she did indeed turn the other cheek, and perhaps it is appropriate to cite that Matthew 5:39 to understand what Jesus is instructing us to turn the other cheek to:


But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil:
but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right
cheek, turn to him the other also.


~King James Version~

Other Bibles replace the word smite with strike. I suppose the smiting or striking done was not any hate filled vile type of striking but maybe a kinder more compassionate smote.






top topics



 
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join