It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATSers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hello people I have been a fan of ATS for some time now. And I thought today's the day I will make my first thread.
The Reason I thought today was because I heard something the other day which got me thinking. And I know the ATSers would love to hear

It was about the case of "Your life flashing before your eyes" now when people hear this they think just before you get ran over by a car you see your self blowing candles out on your 5 birthday. And your first kiss maybe or the time you fall out of a tree trying to look cool in front of the girl you like ( or maybe that's just me) Any ho

A man in Australia was attacked by a shark, when asked what happen, the man say's that when he was swimming this shark come out of blue
and bite's me and starts to take me deeper. And then something happened that I can only describe was like my life flashing before my very eyes. BUT what come to me at the end of this (and saved he's life) was a image of me in my son's bedroom with the t.v on.just like a picture. And then with out thinking one more thing I hit the shark in the gill's which then let me go.
The man was asked about this picture in he's head he told the who ever was asking that he remember when he was making something to eat for his son he then walked in he's room at the right time as his son was watching a t.v show about sharks. As he walked in he said he now recalls the man on the show saying IF you are attacked by a shark the best thing to do is hit it hard in the gill's.so its like your brain say yes ill have that bad boy you just know one day

So when you think about this a little, like you hear "My life flashed before my eye's" What really is it
I just love the idear of when your life is in danger and you have very little time to think. Your brain take over and kicks into action and go's looking in you head to find the very very best scenario for you to survive.
And with this story I come across it says a lot about just how little we really know about the human brain

So there you go ATS I thought with the good people of ats mite like this one hope so

As you Were

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That makes alot of sense. Your "life flashing before your eyes" is all you conceive, but its your brain indexing survival scenarios to ensure its survival : even if it stops at superman lifting the car off his grandpa.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ravon300

Welcome to the deep end of the pool....you'll fit in great here. Hope you brought some Mai Tai's for the rest of us...

Look forward to meeting you in the threads.....

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lovely story. Welcome to ATS membership. Glad you could join us!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi welcome to ATS i mean Above Top Secret we are glad youre here because then theres another user in the record which is good.

the good doctor

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
From one Newbie to another, welcome...

new topics

top topics

join