It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth-O-Meter Romney vs. Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
President Barack Obama
True..............90 (23%)(90)
Mostly True....91 (23%)(91)
Half True........98 (25%)(98)
Mostly False..47 (12%)(47)
False.............58 (15%)(58)
Pants on Fire...6 (2%)

Mitt Romney
True................24 (16%)(24)
Mostly True.....21 (14%)(21)
Half True.........43 (28%)(43)
Mostly False...23 (15%)(23)
False..............27 (18%)(27)
Pants on Fire...14 (9%)

Pres. Obama
Mostly False, False, Pants on Fire...29%
Mitt Romney
Mostly False, False, Pants on Fire...42%

Pres. Obama
True, Mostly True, Half True....72%
Mitt Romney
True, Mostly True, Half True....58%

www.politifact.com...
www.politifact.com...

Because what they are dishonest about matters, not just how often..

Romney's most recent 5 FALSE and PANTS ON FIRE...

"Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check." PANTS ON FIRE

"President Obama’s lawsuit claims it is unconstitutional for Ohio to allow servicemen and women extended early voting privileges during the state’s early voting period. " FALSE

President Obama was saying success "is the result of government," not "hard-working people," when he said, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." FALSE

Says stimulus money went to buy electric cars from Finland as a payback to Obama supporters. FALSE

" ‘Obamacare’ puts the federal government between you and your doctor." FALSE

Pres. Obama's most recent 5 FALSE and PANTS ON FIRE...

Says Mitt Romney "backed a bill that outlaws all abortions, even in cases of rape and incest." PANTS ON FIRE

Mitt Romney "says the Arizona immigration law should be a model for the nation." FALSE

Says Mitt Romney would deny gay people the right to adopt children. FALSE

"Under the Romney/Ryan budget, interest rates on federal student loans would be allowed to double." FALSE

If the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it "would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress." FALSE

Interested on opinions about the importance of honesty in our national discourse.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good post! Glad it proves how stupid Americans are for allowing the criminals to give us the choice of two liars to vote for!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
These are likely rigged numbers too. It's government affiliated so the validity is anyone's guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I say there both 100% liers pants on fire, but thats just me.
edit on 8-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
so basically none of them are honest more than 25- 30% of the time.
Nice!
If they are lying 70% of the time that means at best they are sociopaths and protecting themselves, or they are sociopaths trying to hurt and control others.
Either way I am tired of only HAVING THE CHOICE OF THE LESSER SOCIOPATH!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
Nice!
If they are lying 70% of the time that means at best they are sociopaths and protecting themselves, or they are sociopaths trying to hurt and control others.
Either way I am tired of only HAVING THE CHOICE OF THE LESSER SOCIOPATH!

Politifact is a left wing site that trashes Republicans most of the time.

--------------
numbers.....

285......number of Electoral Votes President Mitt Romney will get November 6, 2012

1.5%....USA GDP and slowing

8.3%....Unemployment Rate and rising

$5 Trillion.....Added to the National Debt......the total now is $16 Trillion

104......Rounds of golf played by Obama

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That makes it worse for obama. They showed, that even though they love him, they admit he is only truthful 23% of the time. IF you are not being truthful, you are being deceitful.
A half-truth is a whole lie, or at least a half- lie so they give them both wayyyyy too much credit.l

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
These are likely rigged numbers too. It's government affiliated so the validity is anyone's guess.

Hmmm....Please explain?

PolitiFact is a project of the Tampa Bay Times and its partners

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Nice!

Not sure you read the numbers correctly?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So basically obama is less than truthful 77% of the time and 29% of the time he just flat out makes sh
t up.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Politifact is a left wing site that trashes Republicans most of the time.

That statement ranks "Pants on Fire" ...Politifact is cited/endorsed by both the left and right. They substantiate their rulings with exhaustive factual research.

Inconvenient, but true..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I read them correctly. You may have been responding at the same time as I: However; I will reiterate.
If you are not telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth to the best of your knowledge, you are being deceitful (some would call it lying). According to their numbers he was

I hope that clarifies my position and my view of the numbers.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So basically obama is less than truthful 77% of the time and 29% of the time he just flat out makes sh
t up.

Not correct...
Pres. Obama
Mitt Romney

The "True" rating is reserved for "Round Earth/Flat Earth Statements".

By any measure...Pres. Obama is more honest than his opponent by a significant margin.

link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You are right and my numbers were wrong. It was actually 16-23%, not 25-30%. Even I gave them too much credit!

link   

t up.

Not correct...
Pres. Obama
Mitt Romney

The "True" and "Pants on Fire" rating is reserved for "Round Earth/Flat Earth" statements.

By any measure...Pres. Obama is more honest than his opponent by a significant margin.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

He is half-true or less more than 50% of the time. To me thats a LIAR if you cannot tell more than half the truth more than half the time. No matter how you change these numbers, if they are accurate, they prove they are both liars more than half the time!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

I read them correctly. You may have been responding at the same time as I: However; I will reiterate.
If you are not telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth to the best of your knowledge, you are being deceitful (some would call it lying). According to their numbers he was

I hope that clarifies my position and my view of the numbers.

It does...let's take a look at a "Mostly True" Statement

Our ruling

Obama said Romney is proposing a tax plan "that would give millionaires another tax break and raises taxes on middle class families by up to $2,000 a year."

The claims are based on a study by the Tax Policy Center, which used what Romney has said about his tax plan and attempted to calculate outcomes for different groups of taxpayers.

The study prioritizes the idea that the plan would be revenue neutral. In that scenario, millionaires lose deductions, but the lower rates would still decrease their tax bill by an average of $87,000.

Middle-class taxpayers would see lower tax rates, too, but the loss of exemptions and deductions would hit them harder. People making $200,000 or less a year would see their taxes rise by an average of about $2,000.

The study is making the point that Romney’s plan is untenable: to cut rates that much without adding to the deficit, something has to give. It necessarily makes some assumptions, and therefore these conclusions are not definite as long as the details of the plan remain unknown. For that reason, people should be cautious in calling this Romney's plan.

We rate the claim Mostly True.

Since it's posible that Romney will not hold to a Revenue Neutral plan and add to the deficet with his tax plan...though he has not said that and likely never will as his base would eat him alive...but it is still possible...they gave the Obama statement a "Mostly True" rating.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

He is half-true or less more than 50% of the time. To me thats a LIAR if you cannot tell more than half the truth more than half the time. No matter how you change these numbers, if they are accurate, they prove they are both liars more than half the time!

Sure...start at Half-True...start at any number or combination there-of and the numbers still tell the same story...

Dishonesty measured from Half-True or less?...Obama 54% of the time, Romney 70% of the time...

My intent is to compare the candidates...If you are interested in how each specific rating ("True" or "Mostly True") is reached I recommend visiting the site and reading. The measures are very objective/non-partisan and unforgiving...which is good...but it does not mean that anything rated less than "Spock Logic"-True is not "generally" true

The ratings are best understood in their full context ...looking at all the ratings...true, mostly true, half-true etc. to get a general picture.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

The entire Politifact Website is half-true most of the time.

They cover for the libs every chance they get.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Thanks for the cordial correspondence first of all. I will concede their margin of error and that they inter prate the statements for their version of the truth. So lets get back to the not truths. 29% to 42% not truthful. I am in security and with the percentage of those types of answers, I would probably detain these individuals out of certainty of criminal activity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join