It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ah, good to see you took the all caps out of the thread title, you have suddenly drawn in some great posters!

As far as Cali having a major Eq, they are way over due and we can only hope that the sudden onslaught of quakes will let off some of the steam from San Andreas fault line because if it goes it will affect everything from Mexico to Alaska and could even cause New Madras to join in.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know, people say one earthquake doesn't effect other areas, but FEMA has been all over the Midwest, waiting? for the New Madrid fault. I see you're in the midwest, I'm in WI.

Just for a bit of conspiracy, remember the US Flag falling in the Olympics this week?

I hope we're all safe.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderLL

What flying object are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I had not heard about that! Wow, really the flag fell? Hummm, what was up with that?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I agree and kinda wonder at the 'experts' who say one can't effect another. It seems rare enough, thank goodness... I do recall reading stories in USA Today after the indonesia Tsunami how how people had seen ripples in standing water on the other side of the world. Apparently that one really rang the bell a couple times...and sure removed my doubt about it being possible.

Now in my personal case (and yours in WI)..I'm not seeing any Shakemap sims or other simulations showing serious damage where I am in Missouri, let alone anything spreading up that far. I have a map here of major quakes back to the 1500's for North America and nothing within 700+ miles of you there!

I don't know geology well so I can't really guess why, but the USGS maps show the New Madrid damaging South the worst....up to St Louis and out East. Almost nothing by comparison coming West. I guess it's our Ozark "Mountains". (hops off before a local can smack me for putting that in quotes.
)

edit on 8-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Please tell me that Eric Coombes hasn't over taken this thread too? I've already left one good one...well, it started out good!!

I was reading a woman's comment in here about her dreams about something coming...I've noticed an up- tic of people feeling....panicking feelings, or maybe feeling a little more stressed then usual...

Has anyone else noticed that there's an up- tic in people saying they're dreaming vivid bad dreams, and physics coming out of the wood work saying they're seeing bad things?

Has anyone noticed people are acting a little more hostile!? Mean?

Just curious....
edit on 8-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

reply to post by antar

Its over here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As long as the earth keeps moving along the faults a little bit, a little bit, then thats a good thing. A lot of little quakes are better than a big one.

The problem is that if the faults south of SF Bay Area (where I live) are pushing north, well there is some thought on how that pressure northward can make faults up here unzip. Any readouts on the 400 miles between LA and SF?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I was trying to find the flag vid after I read about it too and omg!!!! Did you hear the people laffing? And then the applause at the end almost felt.....spooky!

I admit we have bad baadd people in the WH that belong in prison...( bush cabinet too ) but we the people are also being blamed for their murderous behavior. People hate us!! And sometimes...I can't blame them...what are we the people doing about it??? Complaining because someone cut us off in traffic!

Wow@ that video!!!!

Intrptr... ( I'm going off 2 secs worth if memory on the spelling of your user name so sorry if it's incorrect) I know people in Oakland..wouldn't they be effected too?
edit on 8-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It was a weird shape aircraft. It might be military but it was odd, and completely out of nowhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I noticed that too. I just have this weird feeling something big is going to happen. We all have our own personal psychic ability, our instincts, its matter of knowing how to use it. In the past, I would get this same feeling before a massive earthquake. I actually felt a big India earthquake but was off a day... Weird. But this past few days has just been paranoia I can't explain.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I honestly believe it will be at the cascadia subduction zone.... its ready and has been ready to slip for a while....
my two cents...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Okay so this morning when I started this thread I was kinda, well something just didn't feel right. I am not an alarmist, I don't have predictions, it was more the reaction to people that had lived here their entire lives( I have lived here almost 5years). Including the newscasters. People saying the jolts felt different, and so on... I have been in a few shakers here but not a "Big One" But my 84 year old neighbor called me and asked me if we "have a big one" do I have water and would I look in on her right away because if she got under a table to shelter herself she would not be able to get up without help. Then she went on and on....Now this is someone who has been through 3 "big ones" I don't know I am sure it will blow over (I hope) but I don't know with my neighbor who didn't even flinch when we had a 5.6 3 or 4 years ago starts going on and on kinda makes me think....

edit on 9-8-2012 by kurthall because: forgot something.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The other night I was talking with my mom and she randomly brought up that she has a feeling there is going to be an EQ soon. I found it odd because she has never, ever said anything like that. Who knows......

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sounds like everyone is having the same feeling... I had this feeling waaaaaaay before I discovered ATS, so I know its not the things I am reading that is feeding off my paranoia.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Here's a readout of the central coast.

That long line that crosses the mouth of the bay is the San Andreas (the big one). Thats the one that slipped in '89. The Hayward fault is the one along the east bay under Berkley and Fremont. Although not listed, Oakland is also right atop the Hayward Fault (where your friends are).

The Hayward fault is "supposedly" the one that hasn't slipped in a zillion years and is overdue. But IMO, we have a lot of experts here that are overdue for vacation and there are as many opinions as there are faults. I've lived on top of the San Andreas my whole life and I'm still here. So are all but those that died in '89. Its been a hella ride. Don't expect anything anytime soon... and thats when it happens.

I keep forgetting about this guy that tracks runaway pets? He predicted the World Series quake in '89.

Oh yah, Jim Berkland You might disagree with his methods but he is from here and was correct about at least this one here.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks I did find it as soon as I stepped back onto the main page, it is all so crazy and confounded right now, to tell you the truth I wonder if the heightened sense of impending doom is not sending out energy which will force this to happen? We all feel it coming but I am not sensing that this is the time. My closest loved ones are out in that region so I can get freaked out pretty easily over the subject. Like I say though this seems like the wrong timeing but maybe it will help people to get ready for when it does.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

My closest loved ones are out in that region so I can get freaked out pretty easily over the subject. Like I say though this seems like the wrong timeing but maybe it will help people to get ready for when it does.

Not to worry. In my opinion, "quake" country is mild compared to all those who live where tornados, hurricanes, 911's and frakin baseball sized hail come crashing down. Out here on the west coast we got it good. The last major shaker was in 89, thats almost 25 years ago. I know the media paints a hyped image of it all, but we on the west coast prefer our earthquakes. (famous last words)

Now war? Thats altogether a different thing. That is preventable.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I hope you are safe too...I have said it before and I will say it again Midwest WAY OVERDUE for a huge EQ. I am from west of Chicago and right after I moved here to LA they had I think it was a 5.1 in Dekalb. There was some Damage from just that. So take a Northridge Ca size Quake at 6.4 and that would be really bad for the Midwest. The buildings here are built to stand some shaking.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Guys, I'm not being funny but, I get the " feeling " that people are just on a one track mind here now.

You are in a thread about eq's and your concerned I know and I understand that but, the more and more people who visit this thread, read it, think about it, and then put their feared thoughts together from what they have read, then we have another post suggesting " I also have a feeling "

It's like a vicious circle.

I fully understand what you may be thinking / preparing yourselves for, but try and chill and think about it. You have 2 options here.

1. Stop reading stuff and adding fear to your own fear and carry on with your life

2. Get in the car and head to a safe place away from Cali while you still think you can

I know what I would do. 1 for sure.

One thing I've began to see on ats, it's a very good place to drive fear into people ( and that's not good )

edit on 9-8-2012 by rabourby because: Added

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join