It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

The "storm clouds" are coming in too and I don't know what is going on... it makes no sense.
reply to post by spiderLL

What is it about storm clouds which makes "no sense"? What's "going on" is that a storm is on the way, which has nothing to do with earthquakes. That being said.....there IS a lot of activity on the West Coast. If you are getting quakes where you live, try to get a video if you can.....we don't get them here, so I'm really interested in them. Stay safe and BTW, nice to meet you.

I'm a casual stormchaser and when there isn't bad weather in my area I use severestudios to monitor other storm chasers live. The only active feed yesterday evening was in socal, and he was pretty excited about the unusual activity.

I'm flying to LA on friday AM to pick up a car, hope the EQ waits until I'm gone.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiderLL
reply to post by Yngvarr

We had quite a few small aftershocks. Did you not feel it? :-o

Nope. I live in Fullerton and didn't feel any of the aftershocks, just the
4's.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Anybody in N Cali around tonight???

USGS had 2, 5+ earthquakes pop up at the same time as the Russian quake tonight about 8pm PST....then they changed to 4+ then they disappeared, yet iris.edu is still showing one.

Anybody have any news or feel anything???

PS the Russian quake was upgraded to 7.7
edit on 13-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I guess it did happen....

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I just read about that 7.7 quake in Russia. That's a biggie! Strange thing is, that 5.1 quake in NorCal is still not showing here: earthquake.usgs.gov... despite the other news reports acknowledging it.

Oddly enough the HAARP monitoring website hasn't been updated in days either. www.haarpstatus.com...
edit on 13-8-2012 by schweizer because: added a thought

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OK, it looks like the LA Times is reporting that those CA quakes did not happen and were false positives from the 7.7 Russia quake.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It was actually a 7.7 and people on land felt it. Have you guys noticed there's a lot of EQ in water?

Iran still keeps getting EQs too.. Yorba Linda still gets them now which I find it to be odd because it was never like this before!

I was "excited" about the clouds because it was very unusual to see such storm clouds where I live. Even though the weather reports possible thunderstorms, etc, we didn't have anything. I took a picture from my phone but don't know how to upload here, sorry. The next day, the clouds disappear but it was still hot! Its under 100 today but it feels like the heater is on.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
here are the two links I rely on:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

www.world-earthquakes.com...

I believe that the USGS site manipulates the numbers.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have wondered the same thing.

What the heck is up with that

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Nevada has been getting buzzed with small EQ's all day (1's & 2's). Is that normal?

Just never noticed Nevada appearing all that much on the EQ sites.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Thanks for posting those 2 sites...however one of them collects their data from
USGS & the other one collects data from around the world but most of the
recorded reports are from USGS.

Survivor of the Northridge CA quake...yes I lived in the block that made
ALL the front cover of the news Mags in Sherman Oaks....Scary as Hell...was a Strike Slip quake
hammering like Hell! Whittier was a rolling quake.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I wonder if we're going to have a lot of quakes again like we did a few years back. I remember the USGS site with high numbers for the week. Now they've been between 175 and 260 mostly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Nevada showed a 3.6 earlier today, then it changed to 3.3

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Then this just in Nevada:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And Utah:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Seems like an a rare area to me too...but i'm no expert.
edit on 14-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It seems like things are going as predicted. I noticed the "ring of fire" with lots of activity.

I don't remember where I read this, maybe on GLP, and it was reported that there will be a lot of natural disasters and EQs happening. This is a plan for USA to keep the citizens occupied, just like they did with Katrina. I am not taking it as it is, but I find it quite odd with upcoming elections, possible war with Iran, financial collapse, etc..

It is odd that we are seeing a lot of EQ throughout the USA.. but there's been a lot of EQ in water so I am thinking that they are testing the nukes underwater..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
well... lookie here: www.haarpstatus.com...

Everything seems to be FINE! I think they're playing games now to the point where they won't "warn" us anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Okay folks here we we go again. I am not sure if any of you will see this as this thread has not had much activity. Another string of EQs in the past 48 hours here in So Cal. Though my anxiety has been less the past week. Now its happening all over again. 2 in Salton city on the San Andreas fault and one in Ventura county....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
abclocal.go.com...

Cam shows a lot of quakes, hope this is not
a prelude to a larger quake.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I think you'll be okay, If you have two or more EQs or aftershocks on the same fault line but further apart. Then, I would be anxious. Pray, Meditate, and eat Vegan.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

hum.... this is a real mystery ... proper for ATS topic-

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28   >>

join