It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes, same here. It was supposed to be 108 and clear today, but a front of huge thunderheads has come in from the West. I am in the desert and we can use all the rain, but I can forget about viewing the Perseid meteor shower tonight.

Edit to add: there have been a few small quakes near me within the last 2 hours. Wonder if things will pick up.
edit on 11-8-2012 by schweizer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schweizer

What area do you live in? It is around 100 degrees, kinda breezy, but its sooooo hot feels like a heater. The "storm clouds" are coming in too and I don't know what is going on... it makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderLL

I live near Joshua Tree National Park. I've been outside doing yardwork and the storm clouds are insane.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I read that the earth is expected to fall off its axle. And it may be caused for weather changes as well. But there's also gov't controlled .....

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
anyone monitoring Gee around the oregon coast... this seems weird on near myrtle point oregon

img.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The world is busy. Iran is still getting those strong queues. Indonesia just got hit. Lots of seismic activity. And I'm not liking this weather changes.... 12 hrs to go. *sigh*

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yesterday I mentioned that I kind of expected Mt. Hood or St. Helens to chime in. Sorry Rainier, I didn't mean to exclude you.

Earthquake Details
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 1.4
Date-Time Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 03:59:15 UTC
Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 08:59:15 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 46.843°N, 121.762°W
Depth 1.7 km (1.1 miles)
Region MOUNT RAINIER AREA, WASHINGTON
Distances 22 km (14 miles) ENE (64°) from Ashford, WA
34 km (21 miles) ENE (75°) from Elbe, WA
34 km (21 miles) SE (140°) from Carbonado, WA
44 km (27 miles) SSE (156°) from Enumclaw, WA
69 km (43 miles) SE (130°) from Tacoma, WA
97 km (60 miles) SSE (153°) from Seattle, WA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 1.5 km (0.9 miles)
Parameters Nph= 24, Dmin=2 km, Rmss=0.11 sec, Gp= 65°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=3
Source Pacific Northwest Seismic Network

Event ID uw60438922

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Now China got hit with a 6.2.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
nothing in cali
keep praying, meditating, eating vegan lol

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Yes, definitely eat Vegan!!! =)

Glad nothing happen, but I still have this feeling that its coming soon though. The weather is horrid.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Keep positive! It won't

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well looks like the 6.3 EQ in Iran has caused some damage.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Imagine what a 8 or 9 or greater would do?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

read that the earth is expected to fall off its axle

Sorry but I had to laugh...
I know what you meant though

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
nothing in cali
keep praying, meditating, eating vegan lol

You left Sushi of your list

This is California after all.

I'm near Yorba Linda and really those quakes barely stirred my coffee.
If there had been no aftershocks, I would've been worried.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Major thunder storms over here in central Texas. Lightning bolts every other second, the storm is huge!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

We had quite a few small aftershocks. Did you not feel it? :-o

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The "storm clouds" are coming in too and I don't know what is going on... it makes no sense.

What is it about storm clouds which makes "no sense"? What's "going on" is that a storm is on the way, which has nothing to do with earthquakes. That being said.....there IS a lot of activity on the West Coast. If you are getting quakes where you live, try to get a video if you can.....we don't get them here, so I'm really interested in them. Stay safe and BTW, nice to meet you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Did someone say sushi?

Mmmm pescatarianism with a side of California
That's the life

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You stated that a 4.0 or 4.5 most Californians don't pay attention unless its a 6.0 or larger well that is partly true. A few months ago we had a 4.5 centered 4 miles from my house. I was on the phone and when It was over I went right back to my conversation, However these past 4.0's felt different than what we normally feel, also allot of us in So Cal have been having "feelings" a big one is on the way. Now as for your statement about not paying attention unless its over a 6.0 that is not really true. 4 years ago we had a 5.6 that went on for like 45 seconds or so. When it was over all cell phone lines were jammed and you could barely get a text mssg out. They also had to close the 5 freeway to check for damage on overpasses. If you live here you would know that closing the 5 freeway down is a HUGE deal. Also any EQ over lets say a 5.0 is going to knock stuff of shelves and break stuff. So I would say we don't pay attention unless its over a 5.0. Again though there was something different about this past swarm of EQ's and I still am feeling uneasy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I was wondering, did whats his idiot? I cant think of his name. Countdown guy. Try and take credit for predicting Iran's Quake? On a different note this is the 6th straight day of temps over 107° in So Cal. This is awful!!! My power went off for a minute while I was in the shower. I wonder if we are in for Rolling Blackouts? I hope not. No power in heat like this would not be good, but I guess I would rather have them "controlled" than not. Also I really hope we don't have a big quake and loose power. That has been on my mind since this whole string of 4.0's started Thursday. Oh I should have said my part of So Cal. I live in Santa Clarita Valley close to Magic Mountain. It was 112° yesterday.
edit on 13-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join