It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A 4.4 and 4.5 with over 20 aftershocks. I live here and this makes me wonder is it heading for the big one or letting of steam. They always warn us to be prepared. I hope there is not a big one right now, we are in the middle of a huge heat wave the temp here today will be 109, That's bad enough, but a big quake would cause deaths due to heat!
edit on 8-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/8/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Im worried at this point too. I work in an old building and lets just say, im happy, im not wearing high heels at work today. Thanks for starting this thread to keep track of the So. Ca EQ as they happen.

This high heat is just kicking me down today. Messing with my workout routine if anything

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good luck and be safe. Are 4.4 and 4.5 earthquakes uncommon in your area?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiper

We have earthquakes all the time, that is common, but not so many back to back. I don't even think about quakes that are under a 5.0 but with them coming so close together makes me worry a little.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i have family in vacation at a North Carolina beach
receive a call from them saying the roads are full of water
there is massive flooding with continuous rain

if there is a big earthquake anywhere ..
the water is so high that it will bring the flooding very far in land

these earthquake are precursor signs of a big earthquake coming

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We just had another 3.4 aftershock.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I am not an end times person, but respect your POV. Here in Southern Cali , we are warned on a daily bases to be ready for "The Big One" Its coming, its not a question of if but when. When we have a little shaker here we talk about it and forget about it. When you have them back to back you can't just forget about them. It is very rare. That is why I am wondering if there is going to be a big one soon or if the plates are just letting off some built up tension. Its hard to tell. On the news they are saying the same thing, could we be in for "The Big One"?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I felt the one at 11:30ish last night real well, the jolt about an hour ago made noise but was over in like a second. Felt like a large truck driving by work.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by Ben81

I am not an end times person, but respect your POV. Here in Southern Cali , we are warned on a daily bases to be ready for "The Big One" Its coming, its not a question of if but when. When we have a little shaker here we talk about it and forget about it. When you have them back to back you can't just forget about them. It is very rare. That is why I am wondering if there is going to be a big one soon or if the plates are just letting off some built up tension. Its hard to tell. On the news they are saying the same thing, could we be in for "The Big One"?

I have a question, has anyone mentioned what fault line its coming from ?

I know they say the San Andreas one is due but here in Los Angeles, the Whittier Fault would cause 100x more damage cause it lies directly under the city.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

It's coming from the San Andreas fault.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just as a reminder to my fellow So Cal-ians:

As a precaution, ALWAYS make sure your gas tank is full! If it gets down a bit, keep it filled up when you are able.
Don't forget the blackout of September, how many people were caught without gas as the stations were unable to pump.
That was my son's first day at his charter school. I had noticed my tank down to a quarter and thought I would get gas after picking him up from school. Thankfully a little hunch just told me "No, get it now." Glad I did! Right after leaving his school that afternoon, the blackout came and there were so many stranded people.
This was also during a VERY hot period of time.
Also, keep a good stock of water and food..ESPECIALLY water. In fact, I think I am going to get offline and go get some more water.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

The fault line is in Yorba linda, but it interacts with the faults that run through LA. I am a 5 min walk from the San Andreas fault line In Santa Clarita Valley Right next to Six Flags Magic Mountain.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

You just reminded me I need Water. I ALWAYS keep 20 gallons of water but decided to use it up and get fresh water.....That was not smart on my part.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If you look at the earthquake reports, there have been tons of them happening within the past few days. After reading that thread about huge quakes/tsunamis potentially happening soon, I'm definitely a little freaked out. I sincerely hope nothing happens, but I have a weird feeling.

I've lived in LA for 10 years now and have never been as freaked out as I am right now. However, everything shall happen as it is supposed to happen. Here's to hoping we'll be alright!

Much love,
OnewithAll

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
Just as a reminder to my fellow So Cal-ians:

As a precaution, ALWAYS make sure your gas tank is full! If it gets down a bit, keep it filled up when you are able.
Don't forget the blackout of September, how many people were caught without gas as the stations were unable to pump.
That was my son's first day at his charter school. I had noticed my tank down to a quarter and thought I would get gas after picking him up from school. Thankfully a little hunch just told me "No, get it now." Glad I did! Right after leaving his school that afternoon, the blackout came and there were so many stranded people.
This was also during a VERY hot period of time.
Also, keep a good stock of water and food..ESPECIALLY water. In fact, I think I am going to get offline and go get some more water.

Thank you for the reminder as well ! Im going to pick up my son today from his dad's house and make sure me and my kids are together just in case something happens. Im positive its gonna be crowded at the store today when I go pick up water after work

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Anything else going on there strange??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Good question. Like maybe pets running off or acting strange?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Very interesting situation in S,Cali, From a few of the comments ive been reading off of other news sites, like ktla, and kabc, these earthquakes feel different, not like the "norm". They state its like a lifting motion, compared to the normal swaying motion during an earthquake. Something to keep an eye on for sure, got several stations up on GEE in and around the greater Los Angeles area, Stay safe, but be prepared for the worst... most people are not until its too late.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
From what I understood, it is the Whittier fault- right between Yorba Linda and Carbon Canyon.
My parents live right there on top of it (in a house on a slope) and this is making me very nervous.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiper

No, it's cali. That's nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join