It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea resumes Iranian oil supplies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Israel is run by the Illuminati, didn't you know? The Olympics are just a clever ruse to distract everyone so Israel can carry out its secret mind control world domination schemes uninterrupted.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm more afraid of the terrorists in Washington D.C. and their cohort Zionist thugs than anyone else. So, will the US be sending rebels into DC?

The US tries to protect the world, but who's protecting the world against the US? The war machine must be stopped. I cannot imagine a world with continual war. Someone is going to get sick of their BS and flip a switch.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The embargos hit the general population. But that does not mean the average Irani is happy with their Islamist regime.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
South Korea was the first country in the world to repay all their debts which only a few other countries have done since.

They went through their great depression in the 90s-00s and because of it they were able to fix their own problems and become a powerhouse.

The US needs South Korea more then South Korea needs the US because the US needs bases in Korea to keep an eye out on North Korea.

If you look at your equipment and electronics you'll notice a lot of it comes from the Asian countries who build almost all the components. Without them we would be in the dark ages due to the fact that most US businesses outsource to other countries to avoid taxes and high pay in the US. If Asian was to put an end to shipping electrical components, it would take years for the US to build such companies to overcome the loss of supplies that Asia provides.

So in general, the US is all talk but the power in the end will be in the hands of other countries.

For those thinking South Korea needs military support, know this, South Korea is one of a few countries where the military draft is still in affect. Even if you go to college in South Korea, they will pull you out to do your 2-3 years and then put you back into college once you've done your service time. In essence, the entire country has military training and knows how to fight. Something that was done to prevent a repeat of the Korean War. Many of my family has had this training and it makes the US basic training look like child's play. They train to be special forces and to protect their homeland, so the motivation is greater then what we experience because we have not been in a position where an enemy sleeps at the gates (literally).

Two of my uncles (Koreans) trained other South Korean troops. Both were special forces, one trained in martial arts and the other in guns and explosions. The martial arts uncle of mine trained the DMZ guards, in order to be a guard at the DMZ you must be at least a 3rd degree black belt. They do not play around or joke when it comes to training or combat.

I stated the above because there are many who have the impression that other countries cannot take care of themselves or know how to train themselves. But this is not the case, other then Israel and US Special Forces (just the special forces), there is hardly a country that trains their military harder then South Korea. Just think of it as special forces training for the whole country. Not really a country you want to pick a fight with.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

What relationships between the US, and Japan are well established.

Do you really think that Japan forgot the Atomic bomb mushroom clouds over Hiroshima .
When it will be time they will backstab you in the back just like America did to any of it's Allies.

USA ain't got to many Allies left to betrayed
edit on 9-8-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
I so wish the us would pull all our troops out of every country.

Close all the bases get all of our equipment back in the states.

Then tell the world to take care of there self.I know damn well if there was

a disaster in the us no one would help us but they expect the us to help

every one else.South Korea is a prime example of how they support us.

So America should tell them to defend them self.We should let North Korea

take over the south and say the hell with it

If that's your real feelings then good, get out of my country take your antenna arrays, & whatever you have going on at pine gap (not like we have a right to know).
A lot less Aussies will die in pointless conflicts thanks to your actions & for this I thank you.

I would wager the profits from this oil which would of been heavily discounted will not stay in SK, but this is very strange in that a key US ally is siding against them.
I bet that gave Iran a chuckle & was worth the discount price.
Could be SK sees a war coming & is stocking up while things are cheap & before a shortage.

Although I harbour no ill will towards the Japanese people of today I do believe if we ever see war again they will act like the soulless dogs they proved to be last time, & if we defeat them again we should show no quarter.
edit on 9-8-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: cause I can

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
I so wish the us would pull all our troops out of every country.

Close all the bases get all of our equipment back in the states.

Then tell the world to take care of there self.I know damn well if there was

a disaster in the us no one would help us but they expect the us to help

every one else.South Korea is a prime example of how they support us.

So America should tell them to defend them self.We should let North Korea

take over the south and say the hell with it

lol are you serious? Do you pay attention to the news at all?

When Katrina hit the southern states, you know who were the first ones on the scene? The Canadians and Mexicans, the US didn't even respond or arrive until days later.

FOREIGN COUNTRIES were here first to help out.

And yes I know this because I was there and most people do unless they've been living under a rock...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
good for you South Korea

What's good in being so hopelessly addicted to and desperate for oil that you must compromise even your principles to avail the fuel?

I wonder if South Korea will think it "good" when Iran supply arms to North Korea if tensions ever spill over the DMZ...

- Retardation Exposed
edit on 9-8-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Very good points in your post, and I think this is one of the most concerning:

If you look at your equipment and electronics you'll notice a lot of it comes from the Asian countries who build almost all the components. Without them we would be in the dark ages due to the fact that most US businesses outsource to other countries to avoid taxes and high pay in the US. If Asian was to put an end to shipping electrical components, it would take years for the US to build such companies to overcome the loss of supplies that Asia provides.

One of the reasons for the U.S. power after WWII was the fact that all their equipment (or at least, most of it) was built inside their own borders, which are one of the few to not suffer an attack since it's existence.

In our days, while the main "toys" are built inside the U.S., with U.S. industrial power, that's just a shadow of what it used to be. Even those production lines use parts coming from other countries, like you stated.

A severe cut of ties would be catastrophic to the U.S. .

For those thinking South Korea needs military support, know this, South Korea is one of a few countries where the military draft is still in affect.

Also very important.

I think this is just a safety measure. Possibly South Korea has the wish to stop that measure, and just get going with their lives, disconnected from the Korean war past. But since North Korea also has mandatory military service, they simply cannot risk being in a losing hand against North Korea.

Something along the same lines of thought that made (and still makes) the U.S. and Russia keep a stock of functional nuclear weapons, even thought they signed the NPT.

And personally, Korean forces (both North and South) are pretty impressive. The South is a bit further in terms of military power, mostly due to their superior equipment. Good soldiers + good equipment.
edit on 10-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: corrected text

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wonder how they refuel. maybe they use some of the capacity for extra fuel for their vessels. these sanctions have made them to think maybe it is better to have nuclear powered oil carriers.
www.google.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join