It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House told GSA to 'stand-down' on Occupy protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wondered why this went on for so long, and i wouldn't doubt that many of the OWSers were paid.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Documents obtained by Judicial Watch confirm that somebody in the White House told officials with the General Services Administration (GSA) to "stand down" and not arrest Occupy Portland protestors who may have broken the law last year.

Former GSA Public Buildings Service Commissioner Robert Peck told a senior Department of Homeland Security official that the federal housekeeping agency had been instructed by the Obama White House to go easy on the Occupy protestors.

In a Nov. 6, 2011, DHS/National Protection and Programs Directorate Chief of Staff Caitlin Durkovich asked GSA's Peck if it was true that his agency had asked Federal Protective Service officials not to take action against the Occupy Portland protestors.

"Yes, that is our position," Peck responded. "It's been vetted with our Administrator and Michael Robertson, our chief of staff, and we have communicated with the WH [White House], which has afforded us the discretion to fashion our approach to Occupy issues...The arrests last week were carried out despite our request that the protesters [sic] be allowed to remain and to camp overnight..."

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well it's more likely a method to save face.. I know many of the protesters, and they were absolutely not paid.. But arresting them only caused more media attention .. and it wasn't looking great for the administration to keep using brute force on protesters... many of whom had been seriously injured in other states by excessive use of force.

Besides.. the protesters were well within their rights.. it's called protesting.. not act normal and go about your daily routine =)

Riots happen when they try to stop these protests.. you see it all over the world..
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And besides, with all we're learning now about corrupt banking practices ( think Barclay's and the other stuff coming out ) .. the OWS movement has been pretty much right all along ..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Smart move. The arrests would have only added to the anger of those protesting. With too many arrests, the number or protesters would have increased. It would have been seen as the government doing Wallstreet's dirty work to suppress outrage over the corruption.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I agree the "paid" factions were probably "covered"..

I bet those who were "arrested" were probably released with no charges.

The "scapegoats" paid the price as usual.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Smart move. The arrests would have only added to the anger of those protesting. With too many arrests, the number or protesters would have increased. It would have been seen as the government doing Wallstreet's dirty work to suppress outrage over the corruption.

Exactly

It's a judgement call, and a smart one ..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I agree the "paid" factions were probably "covered"..

I bet those who were "arrested" were probably released with no charges.

The "scapegoats" paid the price as usual.

While I'm not saying that it's not possible, I just highly doubt it .. in the events I've seen I knew large numbers of the people there.. they are regular people who were simply fed up and decided to take action.. and they have every single right to .. The stuff that the banking industry has been doing has been outright criminal and far beyond the scale anyone even imagined.. we're still learning more.. the OWS movement began when it was still on the tip of the iceberg .. it's so much beyond what anyone imagined.. and it's even making ripples in the MSM..

This Libor thing is MASSIVE ..

The banks have been taking a dump on us by manipulating rates for themselves, borrowing at 1% and then lending to us at higher rates.. they've been screwing us all left and right.. on a global scale to the tune of trillions.. then get bailed out by taking more of our money..
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
With Adbusters White House visits and then this?

Occupy was orchistrated by the White House. Just my humble opinion. With Occupy, much has been deflected from the damage that the White House is doing to the country.

Does that mean that those who protested were in on it?

No.

They were hapless tools for White House manipulation.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Occupy was orchistrated by the White House. Just my humble opinion. With Occupy, much has been deflected from the damage that the White House is doing to the country.

No.

Does that mean the GOP grabbed the tea party from the same tool shed?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

No.

Does that mean the GOP grabbed the tea party from the same tool shed?

They've certainly tried.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Let me make sure I understand.... so we're all bitching about The Government's attempts to curb our rights to protests and dissent and then they back-off protests and dissent and that's a bad thing? Would it have been better if they'd sent in the Gestapo and began cracking skulls?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Follow me if you can. . .

1. Government creates protest group.
2. Protest group gets violent.
3. Government creates law to inhibit ALL protest groups.
4. Government wins.

I know this is all speculation and belongs only on a conspiracy website

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No.

Obama needed his tea party.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What ever happened to those occupy folks anyway waiting for winter to set in again or did all their leaders take the money and run. It would appear the money ran out and so did the protesters i know locally they were paid and when the cash ran out so did the protesters

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

"We now have a new GSA scandal - one that involves the Obama White House," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "These documents clearly show that federal agencies colluded with the Obama White House to allow the Occupy Wall Street protestors to violate the law with impunity. These documents tell us that the GSA and DHS can't be relied upon to protect federal workers or property."

www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
What ever happened to those occupy folks anyway waiting for winter to set in again or did all their leaders take the money and run. It would appear the money ran out and so did the protesters i know locally they were paid and when the cash ran out so did the protesters

They were paid?
I see my suspicions were right.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sad that Obama, will use anyone, or anything, in his pursuit, to divide this country. If his administration, was involved this much, as many believed from the get go, why didn't he stop the assaults that occurred at these protests ?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by jtma508

Follow me if you can. . .

1. Government creates protest group.
2. Protest group gets violent.
3. Government creates law to inhibit ALL protest groups.
4. Government wins.

I know this is all speculation and belongs only on a conspiracy website

Ding Ding Ding Ding.. My thoughts exactly.. When the news just broke about the laws designating areas under control by the Secret Service everyone jumped and reacted as it related Occupy. When that bill was first introduced in January 2011 Occupy was not on the scene in the MSM or the public eye. That unveiling didn't really happen until Sept. 2011.

It appears to me that it was all created at the same time with the intended end result that we are now seeing. All fabricated by the current administration, controlled by their minions who stayed in 5 star hotels while the useful idiots slept in the parks and pooped in buckets. More govt control and more people living under the big thumb of the govt. It all equals more dependence on the govt. for everyday needs in the end.

Who are all of those govt. dependents going to end up voting for when they finally give on sustaining. themselves? We see the numbers every month. 150,000 people at a time exit the job search altogether. 150,000 plus people a month throwing in the towel adds up quick.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

"We now have a new GSA scandal - one that involves the Obama White House," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "These documents clearly show that federal agencies colluded with the Obama White House to allow the Occupy Wall Street protestors to violate the law with impunity. These documents tell us that the GSA and DHS can't be relied upon to protect federal workers or property."

www.judicialwatch.org...

And the White House denied any and all connnection or influence with Occupy when they first stormed onto the protest scene literally out of nowhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm confused the White House told the gsa to stand down on Occupy protesters?

That is the same GSA as here?

en.wikipedia.org...

Disposal of surplus real property is managed by the Office of Property Disposal within the Public Buildings Service. The Office is responsible for property which includes land, office buildings, warehouses, former post offices, farms, family residences, commercial facilities, or airfields located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or the U.S. Pacific Territories.[17] Surplus property is made available to both government and private bidders and, in some cases, land sold for public purposes (such as parks or welfare) may be made available for a discount of up to 100% of the fair-market value. [1

Seems neither the GSA or occupy understands the value of property.

land sold for public purposes (such as parks or welfare) may be made available for a discount of up to 100% of the fair-market value

But really the current adminstration doesn't know the value of other peoples property.

That was 3 for 3 GSA,Occupy,Admin.

Meh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join