It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Obama Ad 'Pretty Outrageous'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Obama Campaign has been showing an ad that seems to suggest that Romney is responsible for the cancer death of a laid off worker's wife from a Bain Capital steel company that closed two years after Romney left Bain.

The "man" claims his wife died "shortly" after the the plant closing.

Exposed facts however have shown that the woman died 5 years after the GST Steel plant closing !!

The ad is real heartwarming and targets the weak and ultra sympathetic.

The "star" is none other than the same guy who did an older ad for Obama.

CNN did a report on the ad and even they had some questions !!

(Breitbart story)

The Obama political machine's race to the bottom has dived deep beneath the muck of Harry Reid's lies about Romney's taxes and finally hit bedrock. Today Priorities USA released a new ad that will surely rank among the ugliest and most dishonest in the history of political campaigns. Titled "Understands" the ad features Joe Soptic describing how Mitt Romney is responsible for his wife's death from lung cancer. It's Lyndon Johnson's Daisy ad made more personal and therefore even more vile.

Quote from the ad:

When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my healthcare, and my family lost their healthcare. And a short time after that my wife became ill.

I don’t know how long she was sick and I think maybe she didn’t say anything because she knew that we couldn’t afford the insurance, and then one day she became ill and I took her up to the Jackson County Hospital and admitted her for pneumonia and that’s when they found the cancer and by then it was stage four. It was, there was nothing they could do for her.

And she passed away in 22 days.

I do not think Mitt Romney realizes what he’s done to anyone, and furthermore I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned.

Yes the man lost His insurance, but it turns out that the "wife" still had her own insurance through a different employer !!!!

Update: CNN reviewed the ad this afternoon and found it is “not accurate.” Turns out Soptic’s wife still had her own insurance after he lost his job. She stopped working as a result of an accident:

In 2001, Joe Soptic loses his job when Bain closes the plant. His wife still has insurance, though, through her employer, Saver’s thrift store. A year later, Romney formerly leaves Bain. And it's that year, 2002, or perhaps 2003, Soptic tells CNN, that his wife leaves her job because of an injury. That's when she became uninsured without fallback insurance from her husband. A few years later, in 2006, she goes to the hospital is diagnosed with cancer and dies just days later.

Bill Burton at Priorities USA is now claiming that he did not intend to connect Romney to the death of Soptic’s wife. This is obviously a lie. Watch the video. There’s no other conclusion you can draw from it. This ad is so dirty that even the people who made it don’t want to take credit for it.

The article has the full explanation.... source

(CNN report)

The "Best" of Obama

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Chicago
style,

That's how he rolls.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hey buddy! We all feel bad for someone's death, but IF YOU GET ANOTHER JOB, you get insurance again, or you can buy insurance!

Businesses close down all the time, people change jobs all the time, people change insurance companies all the time.

I hate these people that think a job, insurance, education, income, welfare is an entitlement. We have problems with this country, but blaming someone for something like this is disgusting.

If this shill can rationalize blame like this... to what end can you not blame someone for anything?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Chicago
style,

That's how he rolls.

Oh Ya !!

This is one the worst diversionary ads yet.

I say this costs Obama 10000 votes because it actually motivates more Romney support

Especially with CNN coming out

edit on Aug-08-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
Hey buddy! We all feel bad for someone's death, but IF YOU GET ANOTHER JOB, you get insurance again, or you can buy insurance!

Businesses close down all the time, people change jobs all the time, people change insurance companies all the time.

I hate these people that think a job, insurance, education, income, welfare is an entitlement. We have problems with this country, but blaming someone for something like this is disgusting.

If this shill can rationalize blame like this... to what end can you not blame someone for anything?

Very good point.

I wonder how much Mr. Soptic is getting paid for his "input" this year

I wonder if the Obama Campaign is paying his insurance ?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I agree completely. But this ad is from a superPAC, not the Obama Campaign. Are all of Romney's superPAC's ads are accurate?

edit on 8/8/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How low will Obama go?

A potential new ad perhaps. . . . . .

Romney will eat these kittehs if you vote for him

For the love of god, save the kittehs, vote Obama

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but it needs to be addressed since it was included in OP's post.

The Obama political machine's race to the bottom has dived deep beneath the muck of Harry Reid's lies about Romney's taxes and finally hit bedrock.

We don't know if Harry Reid lied. Until Romney releases his tax returns, anything is possible. Everything else is simply hearsay and guessing. Harry Reid could be right or he could be wrong, we don't know. So, I would take the claims of either source with caution. Neither seems very trustworthy.

I do agree with the others, the Superpac that created the ad is misleading people.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm glad to see this because this AM I flipped to CNN and the only coverage they had was of Romney's ad re: Obama and welfare work exemptions which was totally one sided and IMHO slanted for O. I was starting to think CNN was shilling and it infuriated me but I'm guessing it was just the one person's show. (the woman who is very cougar-ish and has been around the block too many times?)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
I'm glad to see this because this AM I flipped to CNN and the only coverage they had was of Romney's ad re: Obama and welfare work exemptions which was totally one sided and IMHO slanted for O. I was starting to think CNN was shilling and it infuriated me but I'm guessing it was just the one person's show. (the woman who is very cougar-ish and has been around the block too many times?)

They were correcting the ad because it is a blatant lie. Like or hate Obama, the ad was a lie. So when the truth favors Obama, all you see is people shilling for him? Odd.

I cannot see the ad in the OP so I have to go to another computer to check it out. That sounds very dark compared to the ads I see but I am not saying I don't believe it. I just have to see it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think all political ads should be reviewed by a non-partisan committee to make sure the information is factual and true. Any ad deemed stretching the truth or not based upon fact should be pulled. These ads can change the whole outlook of an election.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Chicago
style,

That's how he rolls.

Oh Ya !!

This is one the worst diversionary ads yet.

I say this costs Obama 10000 votes because it actually motivates more Romney support

Especially with CNN coming out

edit on Aug-08-2012 by xuenchen because:

They ALL called the ad - outrageous - on Fox News.

Juan Williams said they crossed the line. - Gutter Politics -

Obama is truly desperate to allow this to get thrown out there.

We have reached a new low.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Another potential Obama ad. . . . .

See? The Romney camp is getting started!

Save the kittehs, give all your money to Obama

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Save the kittens, give all your money to Obama

You really seem to have it in for Kittens just lately Bezzer. There is enough room in the world for other cute fluffy animals, not just little fluffy Bunnies.

On Topic.

Get the money out of Politics and give equal airtime to each candidate.

No money= No ads insulting our intelligence.

edit on 8-8-2012 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf

They were correcting the ad because it is a blatant lie. Like or hate Obama, the ad was a lie. So when the truth favors Obama, all you see is people shilling for him? Odd.

I cannot see the ad in the OP so I have to go to another computer to check it out. That sounds very dark compared to the ads I see but I am not saying I don't believe it. I just have to see it.

I think if you look closely into it Romney's ad it is actually accurate, not a "blatant lie" in my opinion. You should compare what was said with what Obama signed and be critical, not based on sound bites at the surface.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by SadButTrue

Very good point.

I wonder how much Mr. Soptic is getting paid for his "input" this year

I wonder if the Obama Campaign is paying his insurance ?

I thought we all got "free" insurance with Obamacare.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
For what it's worth, I agree completely. But this ad is from a superPAC, not the Obama Campaign. Are all of Romney's superPAC's ads are accurate?

edit on 8/8/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Yeah, you can't blame the candidate, especially when they say "I am ....and I approve this ad."

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sounds like every other campaign ad I've ever seen by any candidate for any office. You might as well be outraged by them all, because everyone uses dishonesty and outright lies in campaign ads.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by xuenchen

Sounds like every other campaign ad I've ever seen by any candidate for any office. You might as well be outraged by them all, because everyone uses dishonesty and outright lies in campaign ads.

Nice try.

This ad basically accuses Mitt Romney of murder.

Team Obama got out the silly putty on this one.

It won't work.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I'm just pointing out the facts. If you've ever seen a campaign ad where the point is to attack the other candidate, and it was completely factual and honest, please forward it along.

You can't.

Look, it doesn't make the Obama ad any better, but every campaign ad is the same. "My opponent hates America and clubs baby seals. When he can't club baby seals, he just clubs babies in general. Me, I love America, the Bible, the flag, and I jump in front of baby seals to save them from clubbing."

This goes on from local county elections, all the way to the White House. Prove me wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join