It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sight: A Vision Of The Not-Too-Distant Future [video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This video is pretty amazing. I for one really like the idea of integrated augmented reality computer interfaces and that type of advanced brain-to-computer technology, such as the type you see in Ghost In The Shell and other Sci-Fi films... but this film really does a great job at showing us just how badly this technology can be abused and how much it can disconnect us from reality. We are a while away from this level of advancement but everything shown in this video is perfectly plausible technology which we most likely will achieve some time within the next few hundred years (if we last that long). I found it really good and I think I need to watch it a second time to really absorb everything properly. Sorry if this has already been posted.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Cool film...is this just a short movie or is it a preview of something else in the making?

Scary concept though for sure!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Genuinely interesting and smart take on people's submission to gadgets and the virtual world. i agree with you in that it is plausible but i think something similar will be available much sooner than the next few hundred years. Think about google eye glass thing, this is just a stepping stone to VR contact lenses.

Every one should watch this.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

AH-HA! I knew something was fishy.

Now we may know why the geeks always get the arm candy. Stepford wives anyone?

top topics

join