It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How in the **bleep** am I to know the world will end today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Abovetopsecret has been and will continue to be the greatest site reference for self expression, opinion and the overall exchange of ideas postulated from fact and fiction. As a resource to coming events however, it is lacking. I woke up this morning to review the goings on and found in 3 days cataclysm will strike the Pacific Rim.

Massive Sydney and California Tsunamis coming???

Thankfully, I am on the east coast and thankfully I had time to read the thread. Imagine if I couldn't and the calamities were to hit on my side of the country.

More to the point, The "Predictions" topic, Predictions & Prophecies, offers many opportunities for preparedness, humor and general prognostication. It should be easier to see how the predictions stack up and how viable/accurate (as a percentage) they have been. I propose new content for the Topic.

MODs

Create an internal calendar application for the Predictions topic allowing predictive thread titles (as hyperlinks to the threads) to be published into the particular date of the prediction occurrence. This will give a better, more comprehensive access to the reality of the prediction and their viability. Then have an algorithm running to calculate the accuracy percentage over time. It would make a great opportunity for mobile application. MODs review would be needed to place a date in the calendar.

If the world is going to end, Atlantis rise, aliens appear, ebolanileensephilitiscoci consume the population or skittles no longer has that bit size flavor I would like to have a faster way to identify the happenings and plan my day….

Do you agree?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
ohh please oh pluleasssse let it be Atlantis ascending from the deep full of fun old-new tech and grandeur.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
this sounds fun if someone can be bothered to code it.

+1

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I would like to have a faster way to identify the happenings and plan my day….

You plan your day around predictions made here on ATS? That's the craziest thing i've ever heard

edit on 8-8-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

I would like to have a faster way to identify the happenings and plan my day….

You plan your day around predictions made here on ATS? That's the craziest thing i've ever heard

If it happens ,it happens, I live in New England. All I can say is to people in California and Australia.....ROTS A RUCK!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

I have read many similar threads to this one and many have agreed with such an idea but nothing ever became of it.
While I agree it would be awesome if there were some sort of predictions calendar where we could keep up with it all, so far there has only been talk about it. There have been a few members whom I believe were quite serious about getting the ball rolling, but I can imagine it probably turned out to be an overwhelming task. It seems like it would be extremely time consuming!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

how many days of waking up to the message " world ends today "will it take before you realise that ATS claims the world is going to end today , every day - and the " predictions " have no evidence - just doom mongering hype ?

new topics

top topics

join